Jason Kidd Is On The Trading Block: DO IT MITCH!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Exick wrote:
We don't have enough drama here, we need Joumana's crazy ass hangin around too?

Word. Joumana is the likely result of Doug Christie's wife combined with a serious meth habit.

Yeah that's for sure. If we can get him for cheap (which is pretty unlikley) and he can leave his crazy ass wife back in New Jersey I would do it. Seriousley though, his wife is what scares me. That (bleep) is psycho. I heard she was putting GPS trackers on his car and using their kid to get his cell phone so she could check if he was talking to other women. I actually don't disrespect him that much for hitting her as I did before. You should never hit a women, but she was asking for it.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Chances are slim to none. 18mil salary X .75 = 13.5 we have to send back for Kidd. Kwame/Rad would probably do it, but if the Nets were actually dumping him, they would want as much financial flexibility as possible. They don't get that with Radmanobrick. We have no good draft picks to offer either. And the chances of Kidd being bought out are so slim it's not worth talking about. Let's just let this one die before it gets started.

Jake Speed, 1986
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject:

DON'T DO IT, MITCH!!!

Yeah, I said it.

A ball-dominant point guard with a suspect outside shot and just-as-suspect lateral quickness on D ever since his microfracture surgery.

Not to mention a notoriously loudmouth, busy-body, media-calling wife, one that makes Mrs. Glen Rice look like Mrs. Cunningham on Happy Days.

HELL NO.

MIM
afo310
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
Pass. We having something special going on.

Agreed.

Sometime the best deals are the ones you don't make.

Think about it. The Lakers trade Eddie Jones and Elden for Glen Rice. Under Phil Jackson, who came on the following season... how many titles would the Lakers have won if the kept those two. No George or Samaki, and Eddie and Elden would aged much better with the Lakers... Eddie nd Kobe at the SG/SF... Eddie could spell Kobe and Elden could back up Shaq and play PF... hell the team might still be togehter...

... Kobe and Phil have built something here... ket it play out for a year or two... it's not like the Piston's mid season Sheed deal... the Lakers would have to give up a key player to get Kidd... is it worth it... 4 years ago... not now. A 30 some old PG with a micro fracture in his dosierr... pass
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A ball-dominant point guard with a suspect outside shot

That's the epitome of "Anti-Tri-PG"
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject:

3 years, $60 million

Not happening.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Are you serious?

Are you willing to trade Odom or Kwame to do it? Kidd is making $18M this year with another 2 years left. That is one ugly contract.

I'd like to see the Lakers upgrade the backcourt but not by hurting other parts of the team.

No thanks.

Kwame? Hell yea! Odom? Hell no!
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Klassix wrote:
LakerFan1972 wrote:
Are you serious?

Are you willing to trade Odom or Kwame to do it? Kidd is making $18M this year with another 2 years left. That is one ugly contract.

I'd like to see the Lakers upgrade the backcourt but not by hurting other parts of the team.

No thanks.

Kwame? Hell yea! Odom? Hell no!

Kwame's low post defense will be critical in the power forward heavy west. I wish the Lakers could find a defensive first PG, but not at the expense of our low post defense.

Kidd is not what he use to be. He has always played with the ball. Just like Payton and just like Payton I doubt Kidd could adjust to the Tri. He certainly not going to pick it up without a training camp and a 100% commitment to the tri.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject:

pass..age/contract/injuries..
yellowledbetter
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject:

no thanks. I like Kidd, but i don't know that he would be a good triangle fit, and it would require too big of a change. We need a player that will complement this team, not overhaul it.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject:

not a fit.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
not a fit.

So we must acquit?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject:

He'd be a great fit if it wasn't for that contract.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject:

No thx!!!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject:

You wouldn't do it even if they would take Mihm, Mckie, Vlad, and Shammond + 2 first round draft picks for Kidd?

If we did that, we could put Devon Green back on the roster (which would make me happy). Maybe pick up Steve Francis if he goes on waivers, give antonio davis a call, etc. Line up would look like this -

PG - Kidd, Smush, Farmar
SG - Kobe, Sasha
SF - Luke, Evans, Green
PF - Lamar, Cook, Ronny
C - Kwame, Bynum

The only downside I think is potentially messing with chemistry (which wouldn't be a big deal when it comes to a team player like Kidd) and taking on the money. We'd still have all the players that matter and if Kidd doesn't fit, his minutes just simply go down. My opinion anyways (if that would be enough to get Kidd that is).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
J-Kidd would definitely put us over the top in my opinion. Not only could he set up Kobe for easy buckets but he is a top notch defender, something we lack at the point guard position.

Not anymore.

1st team all-defense last season. Plays both ends of the court.

Solely based on past appearances and past reputation. Much like how MJ later on would just get the nod because of rep.

Gimme a break. Kidd would be the best perimeter defender on this Laker squad not named Kobe.

It's not like I'm slamming Smush. But Jason Kidd is the perfect example of how a 30-something guard who has never been an uber-athlete can still get the job done defensively.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
J-Kidd would definitely put us over the top in my opinion. Not only could he set up Kobe for easy buckets but he is a top notch defender, something we lack at the point guard position.

Not anymore.

Solely based on past appearances and past reputation. Much like how MJ later on would just get the nod because of rep.

Gimme a break. Kidd would be the best perimeter defender on this Laker squad not named Kobe.

It's not like I'm slamming Smush. But Jason Kidd is the perfect example of how a 30-something guard who has never been an uber-athlete can still get the job done defensively.

I agree, he would be our second or third best defender (behind Kobe and possibly Kwame) right off the bat.

J-Kidd is still a top defender at the PG spot....he has actually regained some of his athleticism this year if you have watched him. Judge him not only regarding his on-the-ball D, but also team D where he excels.

LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Not anymore.

If you say so. But no.

Kidd's D is overrated right about now and you obviously haven't seen him play D over the course of the last 3 years or so.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Are you serious?

No thanks.

I would trade Kwame for Kidd in a heartbeat, no way would I trade Odom. Kidd will never be a Laker, Buss won't take on that contract.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Not anymore.

If you say so. But no.

Kidd's D is overrated right about now and you obviously haven't seen him play D over the course of the last 3 years or so.

Just out of curiosity, are there any other PGs out there you would like to see in P&G? I think I know the answer.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
You wouldn't do it even if they would take Mihm, Mckie, Vlad, and Shammond + 2 first round draft picks for Kidd?

If we did that, we could put Devon Green back on the roster (which would make me happy). Maybe pick up Steve Francis if he goes on waivers, give antonio davis a call, etc. Line up would look like this -

PG - Kidd, Smush, Farmar
SG - Kobe, Sasha
SF - Luke, Evans, Green
PF - Lamar, Cook, Ronny
C - Kwame, Bynum

The only downside I think is potentially messing with chemistry (which wouldn't be a big deal when it comes to a team player like Kidd) and taking on the money. We'd still have all the players that matter and if Kidd doesn't fit, his minutes just simply go down. My opinion anyways (if that would be enough to get Kidd that is).

Why would the Nets do that trade? A 4 for 1 with Vlad being the centerpiece?

Right now, a Laker first round pick for the 07 draft would be the 26th pick and it wouldn't get any better adding in Kidd. The 09 pick (can't trade consecutive 1st rounders), probably wouldn't be any better if Bynum and Farmar improve over the next 2 years.
EHL_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
Just out of curiosity, are there any other PGs out there you would like to see in P&G? I think I know the answer.

His answer: "I am Smush Parker's bodyguard".
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Not anymore.

If you say so. But no.

Well, unlike most of the people here, I don't think EVERY SINGLE PG in the NBA would be a "perfect fit" for the Lakers. Billups would be a good fit. Arenas would be a good fit. Are they pipe? Yes. But that wasn't the question.

You have to understand the function of the triangle PG...it takes the decision-making, ball-dominant PG out of the picture right off the bat. Kidd is that type of a PG. His Jater is suspect and the triangle PG HAS to be able to shoot the J.

There, anything else you need to know? Hit me up.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
mirak wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Not anymore.

I agree, he would be our second or third best defender (behind Kobe and possibly Kwame) right off the bat.

J-Kidd is still a top defender at the PG spot....he has actually regained some of his athleticism this year if you have watched him. Judge him not only regarding his on-the-ball D, but also team D where he excels.

Yup. I don't think adding Kidd to the current roster is feasible (I certainly wouldn't give up Lamar), but if Kidd became available after a contract buyout, the Lakers would be fools not to make a push for him.

He really is an underrated defender at the toughest position to defend.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

PG - Kidd, Smush, Farmar
SG - Kobe, Sasha
SF - Luke, Evans, Green
PF - Lamar, Cook, Ronny
C - Kwame, Bynum

Why would the Nets do that trade? A 4 for 1 with Vlad being the centerpiece?

Right now, a Laker first round pick for the 07 draft would be the 26th pick and it wouldn't get any better adding in Kidd. The 09 pick (can't trade consecutive 1st rounders), probably wouldn't be any better if Bynum and Farmar improve over the next 2 years.

I agree that is very unlikely, but the pluses for that trade for the Nets are this -

Vlad in a new setting where he might get more minutes and be more productive against weaker East teams. Especially since the Nets lack size (even if Vlad is soft, he is tall).

Mihm, Mckie, and Shammond are all expiring contracts adding up to about 9 million a year which goes off their cap this summer.

Two first round picks - this year is supposed to be the deepest draft ever, so that pick is probably worth a lottery pick any other year, and then they get one more pick to boot.

Its not as bad a deal as it looks if you don't just look at the talent involved, but the extra intangibles.

Still, very unlikely.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: