Madden07 for XBOX360--- How do you play defense???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Madden07 for XBOX360--- How do you play defense???

damn I suck so back against the long ball..... I could stop the run but the passing attack i have no clue what to do ! sucks!
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject:

. Im not laughing at you.

Man, I have the same prob. I cant play a lick of D. I see a bunch of x's and dont know what is what. I havent been able to play D since Techmo..lol
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Pick a dime defense, maybe double wide, and then take the middle LB and rush from the outside corner. The only way to kill a long pass is to not give the other team enough time to throw.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Can't play D against real people. Neither can my friend, so our games usually end up in th 70s. But against the comp... oh boy! I don't remember what it's called in Madden, but in NCAA it's called Fire 2. It's basically a man-to-man, but the right and left linebackers run around the o and d line and get to the qb. It's great because if they try to run outside, you can get them, or if the qb takes too long to throw. Plus, you have two guys coming at the qb, so you can attempt to strip it, and the 2nd linebacker can grab the ball and bring it in for a td.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Depends on what the offense is running. If you want to stop the pass just try using a base Dime defense, keep your middle linebacker in contain in case they run and play cover 2 or man to man. If you have a good defensive line, best way to stop the pass is play bump and run with your corners (put them in press coverage), and bring an extra LB on a blitz. If you can pressure the QB and jam the WRs he will have a hard time going over the top of your defense.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject:

let us know if things work out, take a look at madden challenge on espn, just ignore the little kids talking trash and its not that bad of a shows
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject:

That madden challange show is fun as hell!!! + they know how to play defense it seems !
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: