Saddam Hussein Executed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Saddam Hussein Executed

He was hanged before dawn in Iraq according to ABC TV News.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Good thats how it should be, quick. None of this sitting around through appeals bull (bleep). And he was hanged, didnt deserve a humane execution. They should have had it on pay-per-view
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
Mr. LakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Why wasn't he executed in the US?

The next meeting: 52 points 19-26 shooting.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

GOOD RIDDANCE!! Hopefully he is burning in hell as we speak

That is exactly the way it should be in the United States..commit a crime, get tried, convicted..and executed in a matter of days..I guarantee that if that was the way the Justice System ran around here there wouldn't be anymore crime..instead of waiting 10-15 years for some POS to get executed..they get killed soon after conviction..that will scare all these crazy fools that dare commit a crime

Last edited by LakerFanAlways on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Hussein's custody was handed over to the Iraqi government who executed him promptly.

The execution was filmed and photographed and apparently it will be provided to various media outlets. If this is true, the footage will most likely be on the internet soon if it doesn't make it's way on tv first.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I cant wait to watch the tape.

I'm a sick pup i know
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Richard Ramirez has been on death row since before i was born. Ill be 24 in a couple of weeks.
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Good riddance to a brutal dictator. Never in my lifetime has anyone executed deserved it more than this mass murderer. The world is a better place without him in it.

Bring on the pics.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject:

NAH NAH NAH NAH, NAH NAH NAH NAH
HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE!!!!!!
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

This thread remind me of a quote by Fyodor Dostoevsky who wrote, "A society should not be judged not by how it treats its outstanding citizens, but by how it treats its criminals."
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Mr. LakeShow wrote:
Why wasn't he executed in the US?

Why would he be executed in U.S.?
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

*Waits for the video on Youtube*

I'll give it until... 2007. LOL. That's how fast these things go up.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:

He was brought to justice by the people of his own nation. He rose to office through executing his opponents. He terrorized his own nation. It seems a fitting ending that his end would come by execution. He was said to be very happy watching the executions of his enemies.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject:

The only thing I regret is they should have drowned him in pig's blood instead of hanging him.
Edienstag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject:

Eye for an eye. He got what he deserved.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:

Edienstag wrote:

Then what do the people who helped him deserve? Members of the US government (hello Rumsfeld!) provided him with what he needed to commit his atrocities. Should they be held accountable as well?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Edienstag wrote:

Then what do the people who helped him deserve? Members of the US government (hello Rumsfeld!) provided him with what he needed to commit his atrocities. Should they be held accountable as well?

You have the wrong targets and the wrong context. The French sold Saddam nuclear. The Germans and Russians sold weapons technology. There was a time when Saddam was an ally. He fought against Iran, who had taken Americans hostage. He was the enemy of our enemy. America sold him conventional weapons, before he went bad. Can America predict what he would later become? Saddam later became a monster, who was a threat to his people and to allies in the region.

Most people in that region don't act like Americans, but it is not our job to immediately conform everyone to the way we think things should be. Change comes gradually. We address problems after they occur, not always seeing everything in advance. Human rights violations are not the American way. We did not support human rights abuses by Saddam. He did that on his own. He was made to pay for his actions. Americans aren't the problem, but we are part of the solution.
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Richard Ramirez has been on death row since before i was born. Ill be 24 in a couple of weeks.
uh thats not true. he was sentenced to death in 1989, that would make you 7, but still your point is still noted, we wait to long. just some info on your comment.

Last edited by FerrisVille on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

Please. The US government knew what he was when we supported him. He didn't suddenly "turn bad." He was always a monster. And we were wrong for helping him.

My hope is this will somehow finally bring peace to that area.

My fear is that it will make matters worse.

Time will tell.
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

JFISH, wrong.

We supported Iraq, in the war against Iran and gave them arms to defend themselves, and when the roles reversed we then supported Iran. why? because of oil. But not in the way you think. We didnt want the oil, we just didnt want Iraq nor Iran having all that power. we wanted it seperated. but to your original remark about Saddam always being a monster is false, he wasnt like this from the beginning, he grew into the mold as a vicious dictator because of threat from the different religious people, along with wealth of oil.

JFISH, right.

we were wrong for helping him... because hindsight is 20/20, we had no idea he would evolve into the person he died as. However we help several coountries to this day and even before the Iraq/Iran war.. in fact we had a huge role in creating Iraq after the great war, the main thing is that we as a country move on and learn from history.

anyways just some tidbits on the matter
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
GOOD RITTENS!! Hopefully he is burning in hell as we speak

That is exactly the way it should be in the United States..commit a crime, get tried, convicted..and executed in a matter of days..I guarantee that if that was the way the Justice System ran around here there wouldn't be anymore crime..instead of waiting 10-15 years for some POS to get executed..they get killed soon after conviction..that will scare all these crazy fools that dare commit a crime

Good to see that your grasp of the criminal justice system is as firm as your command of the English language. What, btw, are rittens? Some diabolical cross between Rottweilers and kittens? And if so, why do you assume them to be good?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

A man who was brought to power and maintained it with the complicity of the United States. Goaded on in his war with Iran (while we armed both sides, how corporate). Released to attack the Kurds and Shiites after the 1st gulf war. Of course, we had encouraged those people to rise up and then abandoned them. Sentenced to death on the eve of US elections (didn't work though), executed on the eve of the new year, as a Dem congress gets set to take power, no plan for Iraq is forthcoming, and the monthly death toll for our soldiers is at an all time high.

The world should not mourn Saddam, for he was as evil as they get, and while I do not support capital punishment, it is hard to say he was unjustly punished nonetheless. The world should mourn instead for the Iraqi people, who's replacement for this heinous thug is an even more violent situation created and maintained by a self-righteous and self-serving group of people who will never face justice for their actions.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
This thread remind me of a quote by Fyodor Dostoevsky who wrote, "A society should not be judged not by how it treats its outstanding citizens, but by how it treats its criminals."

Good to see some people have thoughts beyond simple animal aggression.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
The only thing I regret is they should have drowned him in pig's blood instead of hanging him.

Why do I get the impression that small children and animals flee before you? BTW, Saddam would approve of your proposed methods, as thuggish, symbolic, hatefull brutality was his calling card as well.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

Well, the US did give him power...then took it away...

Anyway, the worst part of it is terrorists will prolly do something about it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: