lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
Red Robin >>>>> Islands hands down.

As far as fast food goes, I stick with In-N-Out, even though their service sucks ass most of the time.

how does the service suck?referring the the waiting time sometimes?

Pretty much. The walk up seems like it's second fiddle to their drive-thru, and the workers at the front seem very disinterested in serving the customers that get out of their cars. I've had at least 4-5 instances where they just are flat out rude and obnoxious to the point where they were arguing about who was going to hand out the food to us. I saw my order sitting on the counter for 4 minutes, and by the time i got it it was cold, and not enjoyable. Sadly, I can't resist how good the food is sometimes and still put myself through that.

well i would recommend going through the drive through whenever possible as it generally moves a little quicker
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:

As far as fast food goes, I stick with In-N-Out, even though their service sucks ass most of the time.

Pretty much. The walk up seems like it's second fiddle to their drive-thru, and the workers at the front seem very disinterested in serving the customers that get out of their cars. I've had at least 4-5 instances where they just are flat out rude and obnoxious to the point where they were arguing about who was going to hand out the food to us. I saw my order sitting on the counter for 4 minutes, and by the time i got it it was cold, and not enjoyable. Sadly, I can't resist how good the food is sometimes and still put myself through that.

well i would recommend going through the drive through whenever possible as it generally moves a little quicker

I normally would, but if i'm meeting up a group of people there, its harder to coordinate through the drive thru.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:

I normally would, but if i'm meeting up a group of people there, its harder to coordinate through the drive thru.

Get your food through the drive-through, then meet everyone inside.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
smokestack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject:

i don't think i've ever eaten INSIDE of in'n'out...

usually, if we're eating burgers in a group, one/two person are designated to get all the orders, while everyone else camps out in the park/beach/parking lots
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Have any of you ever heard of Master Burger? It's down in the ghetto

It's not in the "ghetto." :roll:
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

- Fatburgers is usually the joint

- Carl's Jr. is good if you go to a consistent one

- Sonic's is real damn good. The Cherry Limeade is off the hook

- Wendy's is good...if you can get to a consistent one

- Island's burgers are overrated

- Pink's, believe it or not, has some good burgers, especially the specialized ones

- Whataburger (Houston) is pretty good. (Wendy's is better in the south than in L.A.)

- Rally's can be bland at times so you have to catch them on a good day

- There used to be this place called Meaty Meat Burger in L.A. that was the best burger I've ever had. They closed down about 4 or 5 years ago

- There's a place called Juicee's in South L.A., it's a hole in the wall family-run spot that is damn good and cheap

Now...the In-N-Out phenomenon...I no longer go to any of them after I witnessed this kid wipe his nose and proceeded to make a burger. Scared the hell out of me. I asked for my money back and bolted. My biggest fear/issue with a lot of places that prepare food is that a lot of places don't use gloves when they prepare your food and you leave yourself open for a lot health problems. Very frightening. They need to pass a law requiring ALL restaurant workers to wear protective gloves while making your food.

Best fries ever? = Still belongs to Mickey D's though.

Now...who's gonna start the "Best Hot Dog" and "Best Pizza" threads?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:

Don't tempt me, but if I do, I think people will start thinking I am a fatty interested in only food (I already started a "who makes the best wings" and then this "hamburgers" thread). In fact, I am in very good shape and have the *AHEM* lady friends to prove it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

Don't tempt me, but if I do, I think people will start thinking I am a fatty interested in only food (I already started a "who makes the best wings" and then this "hamburgers" thread). In fact, I am in very good shape and have the *AHEM* lady friends to prove it.

prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:

I did have this really good burger from red robin, it had pineapple and teriyaki sauce i think. extremely tasty.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Big Kahuna Burger. That's that Hawaiian burger joint. I heard they got some tasty burgers. I ain't never had one myself,.... how are they?

I can't usually eat 'em 'cause my girlfriend's a vegetarian. Which more or less makes me a vegetarian, but I sure love the taste of a good burger....
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Big Kahuna Burger. That's that Hawaiian burger joint. I heard they got some tasty burgers. I ain't never had one myself,.... how are they?

I can't usually eat 'em 'cause my girlfriend's a vegetarian. Which more or less makes me a vegetarian, but I sure love the taste of a good burger....

Jules Winnfield. Pulp Fiction. Good one.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:

After seeing that movie, I was always curious if that was a real joint or made up for the movie.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

Now I must go out to Natomas for an In-N-Out burger. There aren't too many up here. I think I've only seen 3 since I moved up here.

BTW...White Castle "burgers" have to be the nastiest things out there!!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject:

White Castle are an obsession to some. They even have them in the freezer section of the markets. Sick!
kobecluas
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Kobe beef burger is the best!
jacexface
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

If you guys live in Southern California, you should check out Big Burger. It's like a tiny joint located in Carson off of Avalon and Victoria right beside either the Home Depot Center or Cal State Dominguez Hills.

Their burgers are amazing! Try the turkey burgers. Man I think I'm going to get some today.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:

As far as fast food goes, I stick with In-N-Out, even though their service sucks ass most of the time

That's really surprising to hear. In N Out is pretty much known for their great (albeit slow) service. They pay their employees more than most fast food places and the kids that work there are typically very outgoing and friendly. I used to go to the one at UCI, and the one in HB as well (who am I kidding? I went to all of them, including Vegas).

I'm not saying the service hasn't been poor when you've gone, but for me, it had always been outstanding.

All that said, I've been a vegan for a while now, and haven't had an double-double in a long time.

And for whoever said they saw someone wipe their nose then proceed to make your hamburger sammich - just know that, unfortunately, it happens everywhere.... you just happened to see it that time. Please believe there's some snot-nosed kid at Fatburger now, sneezing on someone's order of fries. Sad but true. I'm guessing that after NBC finally gets finished setting up guys meeting young girls with hidden cameras, they'll go after the flu-infested fast food industry.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

^^I met my wife while working at a 50's diner. I have plenty of stories. My advice to those who tend to think that they get what they want out of customer service people by complaining and being a jerk, is to stay away from a restaurant. The last person you want to try to intimidate is the guy who's gonna bring you a plate of food after preparing it where YOU can't see it. Let's just leave it at that.

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

jacexface wrote:
If you guys live in Southern California, you should check out Big Burger. It's like a tiny joint located in Carson off of Avalon and Victoria right beside either the Home Depot Center or Cal State Dominguez Hills.

Their burgers are amazing! Try the turkey burgers. Man I think I'm going to get some today.

I've been there. They're like a fake-ass Fatburger. Pretty good.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And for whoever said they saw someone wipe their nose then proceed to make your hamburger sammich - just know that, unfortunately, it happens everywhere.... you just happened to see it that time. Please believe there's some snot-nosed kid at Fatburger now, sneezing on someone's order of fries. Sad but true. I'm guessing that after NBC finally gets finished setting up guys meeting young girls with hidden cameras, they'll go after the flu-infested fast food industry.

Yeah, that was me who posted that. And yeah, you are so right that it happens everywhere and that just scares the bejeezus out of me every time I eat out.

I really wish Cali would pass a law making it mandatory to wear protective gloves while preparing food. At Subway they do it, so why won't the other places do it? It can't be that damn expensive to buy some generic plastic gloves.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:
^^I met my wife while working at a 50's diner. I have plenty of stories. My advice to those who tend to think that they get what they want out of customer service people by complaining and being a jerk, is to stay away from a restaurant. The last person you want to try to intimidate is the guy who's gonna bring you a plate of food after preparing it where YOU can't see it. Let's just leave it at that.

there are certain people in this world you should NEVER piss off. One of those people being food service employees.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:

I really wish Cali would pass a law making it mandatory to wear protective gloves while preparing food. At Subway they do it, so why won't the other places do it? It can't be that damn expensive to buy some generic plastic gloves.

Gloves, and hair nets too.... actually, not even hairnets, but like, a shower cap. Actually, I'd like to see food workers wear a full-on HazMat uniform when preparing food.

I don't want anyone else's DNA in my salad.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, that was me who posted that. And yeah, you are so right that it happens everywhere and that just scares the bejeezus out of me every time I eat out.

there is a sandwich place where i live that i stopped going to because the guy used his hairy paws to touch every ingredient in the sandwich. gross.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

You guys are babies. The U.S. has probably the most strict food preparation regulations in the world. California and L.A. county specifically have those letter grades that they hand out for stuff like using gloves, wiping your nose, etc. But there are thousands of places in the world where you can get awesome food and where the regulations aren't nearly as strict. If you've never eaten a kebab cooked by a Turkish guy not wearing gloves while smoking a cigarette, you haven't lived.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

Gloves, and hair nets too.... actually, not even hairnets, but like, a shower cap. Actually, I'd like to see food workers wear a full-on HazMat uniform when preparing food.

I don't want anyone else's DNA in my salad.

I'm with that too!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: