Dem Franchise Boyz Disses Nas In A Interview

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Dem Franchise Boyz Disses Nas In A Interview

Dem Franchise Boy’s Parlae interview from OZONE Magazine:

Quote:
“Hip Hop is a tool we use to avoid violence, gun play and everything else that comes with the streets, it’s Music, we’re expressin ourselves, we havin’ fun, nobody is trying to hear about ancient scriptures and sh*t, n*ggas is trying to get with b*tches, go read a book if you’re tryna get educated.. Its always the over the hill rappers tryna get back in the game and diss the hottest thing out, which right now is the South. It’s a movement. this ain’t 96, nobody is checkin for Nas anymore. Just because we don’t live to a certain type of hip hop code he does, we ain’t hip hop?”

East Coast Vs. South seems to be really building up now. Nas will murder Dem Franchise Boyz one by one in a battle. No contest.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
nobody is trying to hear about ancient scriptures and sh*t, n*ggas is trying to get with b*tches, go read a book if you’re tryna get educated..

That line will have me rollin' for days.

Can't we all just get along?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Dem Franchise Boyz Disses Nas In A Interview

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

Quote:
“Hip Hop is a tool we use to avoid violence, gun play and everything else that comes with the streets, it’s Music, we’re expressin ourselves, we havin’ fun, nobody is trying to hear about ancient scriptures and sh*t, n*ggas is trying to get with b*tches, go read a book if you’re tryna get educated.. Its always the over the hill rappers tryna get back in the game and diss the hottest thing out, which right now is the South. It’s a movement. this ain’t 96, nobody is checkin for Nas anymore. Just because we don’t live to a certain type of hip hop code he does, we ain’t hip hop?

East Coast Vs. South seems to be really building up now. Nas will murder Dem Franchise Boyz one by one in a battle. No contest.
I guess they would have issue with 9th Wonder and Supastition since they said something similar months ago.

Quote:
we havin’ fun, nobody is trying to hear about ancient scriptures and sh*t, n*ggas is trying to get with b*tches, go read a book if you’re tryna get educated..

That quote alone validates what Nas is saying....

And it goes without saying,.. Nas would slay them on any track...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

southern hip hop = boo except for certain groups like Cunninglynguists and outkast (old ish).
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
southern hip hop = boo except for certain groups like Cunninglynguists and outkast (old ish).

Don't forget the Goody Mob...
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Except Little Brother, 9th Wonder (the whole Justus League Crew), Supastitution, Joe Scudda, Nicolay (lives in NC)...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Best Southern Rappers = Scarface, Ludacris, Outkast, T.I., Goodie Mob and Missy Elliot. The rest are trash.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Except Little Brother, 9th Wonder (the whole Justus League Crew), Supastitution, Joe Scudda, Nicolay (lives in NC)...

thats why i said "certain groups"....i only listed 2 for examples, didnt wanna list everyone right? . And is little brother from the south??? for some reason i always thought they were east coast cats. I know 9th wonder is from down thur.

West Coast living.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
TACH wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

thats why i said "certain groups"....i only listed 2 for examples, didnt wanna list everyone right? . And is little brother from the south??? for some reason i always thought they were east coast cats. I know 9th wonder is from down thur.

West Coast living.
Little Brother definitely has an east coast sound. And if anybody is interested The Becoming by Little Brother is iTunes free download of the week
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:

When I think South I think Jermaine Dupree.

When I think East, its Notorious B.I.G.

West Coast, Snoop Dogg

Midwest, Nelly

These guys put their region mainstream first.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Dem Franchise Boys=Garbage BUT....
NaS fell off too. Everyone says Jay fell off, but so has NaS. I'm still a fan, but he ain't half as good as he used to be. He does have a lot of Internet fans though for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

You know what I'm tired of? Hip Hop today.

I am sick and tired of all the crap these days. Mainstream hip hop is unbearable because you hear the same crap beats, the same wack voices talking about the same crap in the club. These guys don't even write their own lyrics anymore and the lyrics that they put together are crap.

It's because of these guys that people stereotype hip hop in a bad light. You have rappers today that don't do anything but yell the same old tiring (bleep) hook over and over again. You have other rappers who are dumber than a rock making millions. And you also have rappers today that only talk about cars, money, ho's and mansions because they don't have any (bleep) talent to talk about anything else. It's the same old crap over and over again.

These fools are making money that their pioneers could only dream of seeing by doing 1/10th of the work. The founding fathers of hip hop never saw the money that Dem Franchise Boyz, Chingy and other crap rappers like the Yin Yang Twins make. It's a shame, and Dem Franchise Boyz thinks that the past is nothing? Without the pioneers, some of these guys are fast food workers at best.
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Dem Franchise Boyz Disses Nas In A Interview

TACH wrote:

That quote alone validates what Nas is saying....

co-sign.

and all yall sayin nas fell off, how n**ga his last album was the ...oh yea wait.

im a huge nas fan so i'm holding off judgement until i near HHID. I sense a classic.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Dem Franchise Boyz Disses Nas In A Interview

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

Quote:
“Hip Hop is a tool we use to avoid violence, gun play and everything else that comes with the streets, it’s Music, we’re expressin ourselves, we havin’ fun, nobody is trying to hear about ancient scriptures and sh*t, n*ggas is trying to get with b*tches, go read a book if you’re tryna get educated.. Its always the over the hill rappers tryna get back in the game and diss the hottest thing out, which right now is the South. It’s a movement. this ain’t 96, nobody is checkin for Nas anymore. Just because we don’t live to a certain type of hip hop code he does, we ain’t hip hop?”

no its every one vs snap music. not because snap music doesn't have a place in hiphop. but because the djays bombard us with it as if there's nothing else to play. its like back in the day. i can't imagine the Djays playing nothing else but Luke/2 live crew booty shake music 24/7. can you?

thats the problem. and for the record. maybe they dont like to be educated with music. entertainment can be just fun, just sad, or all of the above. i prefer all of the above. i like being educated in whatever I'm reading, watching, or listening to. but perhaps that mentality is the reason why they think rapping about dances is great. but if they actually said it like that. it makes them sound like they like being unintelligent. which most people already think about southerners. which isn't true. but this is the perception. and thanks to D4L for continuing on with that stereotype.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
Dem Franchise Boys=Garbage BUT....
NaS fell off too. Everyone says Jay fell off, but so has NaS. I'm still a fan, but he ain't half as good as he used to be. He does have a lot of Internet fans though for some reason.

its hard to follow up a classic with another one...and another one.....and another one....and another one etc etc etc. Honestly, artists run out of ish to say ie. eminem, jay, nas etc etc etc...thats why i keep it underground for the most part. They always try and reinvent themselves and grow while staying true.

west coast living.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Commercial rap has patronized hip-hop culture with endorsements of blackface and buffoonery for far too long. This is the counter-current to the mainstream -- powerful music that massages the intellect and moves your feet. Download it. Burn it. Share it. It's free.

http://www.laffytaffyrotsyourteeth.com/
This is more than an East/South thing it's more 'hiphop' Vs 'snap'... people are just feed up with the crap that radio and the industry is pushing.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject:

I think the saddest part is people like Dem Franchise Boyz fail to understand the South set the standard of fighting to educated, teaching others, fighting oppression (mental and financial) and being progressive in the 1950's and 1960's with the Civil Right Movement.

My father's side of the family is from NC and that's the most educated part of my family. After my Grandmother's generation - all of my uncles and aunts have at least Bachelor degrees. My cousins are all teachers and engineers. I am the least educated with my AA degree.

After watching my Grandparents, Great Uncles and Aunts struggle to survive and make things better for the following generations it is a shame to hear those words come from any minority and especially these fools from the south.

Oh yeah - Nas will destroy them and I have a feeling that he'll have some big name back up in this one.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
mswift44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject:

I guess this is why those idiots are upset and taking shots at Nas...

"Nas rap is compared to legitimized crap
Cuz we love to talk on a$$ we gettin'
Most intellectuals will only half listen
So you can't blame jazz musicians
Or David Stern with his NBA fashion issues
Oh I think they like me--in my white tee
You can't ice me, we here for life B
On my second marriage, hip hop's my first wifey
And for that we not takin' it lightly
If hip hop should die we die together
Bodies in the morgue lie together."

I highly doubt Nas will waste his time with these idiots. But i would love to hear him really go after them.
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

mswift44 wrote:
I guess this is why those idiots are upset and taking
I highly doubt Nas will waste his time with these idiots. But i would love to hear him really go after them.

if he did can you imagine the lineup that he would be able to throw at these clowns...who would they come back with? JD? bow wow? TI? :roll:

imagine the old school east vs. west becomes north/west vs. south....i'll put my $ on the former.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

#24 wrote:
When I think South I think Jermaine Dupree.

When I think East, its Notorious B.I.G.

West Coast, Snoop Dogg

Midwest, Nelly

These guys put their region mainstream first.

When I think of West Coast, its 2Pac

When I think of East Coast, its Big

When I think of Midwest, its Eminem

When I think of South, its Scarface
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: