BOOGIE COUSINS joins Lakers (Suffers torn ACL, Page 36)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2017
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: BOOGIE COUSINS joins Lakers (Suffers torn ACL, Page 36)

I know a lot of you are not high on him but for the right price and for about 2-3 years, would you consider him? There seems to be a lot of rumors suggesting that he is one of our more likely options should we strike out on some of the top guys.

Some may question his defense but I see him doing a decent job of staying in front of guards, taking charges and with his health improving over the summer, I expect him to go back to averaging around 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks as he did in previous seasons. Don't forget that he is entering his prime and will likely be gaining some championship experience.

With that said, is it realistic to sign Demarcus to a contract of about $18m per year for 2 years maybe 3, with the third year being a player option? Judging from what happened last off-season, I saw clear indicators that he wanted to become a Laker and was willing to take a signifcant pay cut to do so.

Which teams do you see offering him the full max, given that there are a lot of strong centers out there? Dallas?

Let's say we have about $38m-$40m in cap space this off-season and strike out on Kawhi, KD and Kyrie, I would consider the following:
1. Offer $18m-$20m to Boogie for 2-3 years
2. Offer $10-$12m for 2-3 years to one of the following guys in the following order: Danny Green, Aminu, Ariza
3. Offer $10-$12m to Darren Collison, if he rejects, I will offer about $7m to Beverly and if he rejects, I will see if we can land Seth Curry ($5m?)
4. Offer Room Exception to Javale
5. Extend Caruso IMMEDIATELY!!

With the Warriors likely being weakened with the Exodus of Durant, if Lebron can come back with a vengeance and if our young guys collectively take another step and remain relatively healthy, I think we have as good a chance as any in competing in the west. I am also assuming the coach we get is solid (no Jason Kidd please!!).

C - Cousins/McGee/Wagner
F - Lebron/Kuzma
F - Ingram/Lottery pick/Bullock (vet min?)
G - Danny Green/Josh Hart/Bonga
G - Ball/Collison/Caruso

NB: Mods, if there is already a Boogie Cousins thread, feel free to merge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 28213

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: The Case for Boogie Cousins

Zubolo wrote:
I know a lot of you are not high on him but for the right price and for about 2-3 years, would you consider him? There seems to be a lot of rumors suggesting that he is one of our more likely options should we strike out on some of the top guys.

Some may question his defense but I see him doing a decent job of staying in front of guards, taking charges and with his health improving over the summer, I expect him to go back to averaging around 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks as he did in previous seasons. Don't forget that he is entering his prime and will likely be gaining some championship experience.

With that said, is it realistic to sign Demarcus to a contract of about $18m per year for 2 years maybe 3, with the third year being a player option? Judging from what happened last off-season, I saw clear indicators that he wanted to become a Laker and was willing to take a signifcant pay cut to do so.

Which teams do you see offering him the full max, given that there are a lot of strong centers out there? Dallas?

Let's say we have about $38m-$40m in cap space this off-season and strike out on Kawhi, KD and Kyrie, I would consider the following:
1. Offer $18m-$20m to Boogie for 2-3 years
2. Offer $10-$12m for 2-3 years to one of the following guys in the following order: Danny Green, Aminu, Ariza
3. Offer $10-$12m to Darren Collison, if he rejects, I will offer about $7m to Beverly and if he rejects, I will see if we can land Seth Curry ($5m?)
4. Offer Room Exception to Javale
5. Extend Caruso IMMEDIATELY!!

With the Warriors likely being weakened with the Exodus of Durant, if Lebron can come back with a vengeance and if our young guys collectively take another step and remain relatively healthy, I think we have as good a chance as any in competing in the west. I am also assuming the coach we get is solid (no Jason Kidd please!!).

C - Cousins/McGee/Wagner
F - Lebron/Kuzma
F - Ingram/Lottery pick/Bullock (vet min?)
G - Danny Green/Josh Hart/Bonga
G - Ball/Collison/Caruso

NB: Mods, if there is already a Boogie Cousins thread, feel free to merge


It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with Cousins. However, I don't expect us to get Bullock, McGee, and Collison as backups, especially for the low salaries that you're expecting. Bullock, for example, is going to be looking for starters minutes and at least 10 million a year. Collison and McGee had great seasons and can start for lots of teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 2330

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling we're going to end up with Boogie and Jimmy Butler.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 133627
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I have a feeling we're going to end up with Boogie and Jimmy Butler.


We don’t have that much cap space
_________________
How about those Blues!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28131
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

If Cousins is willing to come here on a discount then we can add him and still get a B level FA, also we have no idea rather we will renounce our lottery pick to gain additional cap space.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2017
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

So how much would Boogie realistically command in the open market and which team will have the cap space and the need at center to offer him something close to the max? The only team I can think of is Dallas potentially but maybe they might have a greater need at the point guard position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2017
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: The Case for Boogie Cousins

activeverb wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
I know a lot of you are not high on him but for the right price and for about 2-3 years, would you consider him? There seems to be a lot of rumors suggesting that he is one of our more likely options should we strike out on some of the top guys.

Some may question his defense but I see him doing a decent job of staying in front of guards, taking charges and with his health improving over the summer, I expect him to go back to averaging around 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks as he did in previous seasons. Don't forget that he is entering his prime and will likely be gaining some championship experience.

With that said, is it realistic to sign Demarcus to a contract of about $18m per year for 2 years maybe 3, with the third year being a player option? Judging from what happened last off-season, I saw clear indicators that he wanted to become a Laker and was willing to take a signifcant pay cut to do so.

Which teams do you see offering him the full max, given that there are a lot of strong centers out there? Dallas?

Let's say we have about $38m-$40m in cap space this off-season and strike out on Kawhi, KD and Kyrie, I would consider the following:
1. Offer $18m-$20m to Boogie for 2-3 years
2. Offer $10-$12m for 2-3 years to one of the following guys in the following order: Danny Green, Aminu, Ariza
3. Offer $10-$12m to Darren Collison, if he rejects, I will offer about $7m to Beverly and if he rejects, I will see if we can land Seth Curry ($5m?)
4. Offer Room Exception to Javale
5. Extend Caruso IMMEDIATELY!!

With the Warriors likely being weakened with the Exodus of Durant, if Lebron can come back with a vengeance and if our young guys collectively take another step and remain relatively healthy, I think we have as good a chance as any in competing in the west. I am also assuming the coach we get is solid (no Jason Kidd please!!).

C - Cousins/McGee/Wagner
F - Lebron/Kuzma
F - Ingram/Lottery pick/Bullock (vet min?)
G - Danny Green/Josh Hart/Bonga
G - Ball/Collison/Caruso

NB: Mods, if there is already a Boogie Cousins thread, feel free to merge


It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with Cousins. However, I don't expect us to get Bullock, McGee, and Collison as backups, especially for the low salaries that you're expecting. Bullock, for example, is going to be looking for starters minutes and at least 10 million a year. Collison and McGee had great seasons and can start for lots of teams.


I am not sure any GM in their right mind will be offering Bullock that kinda money. Then again, there are not a lot of GM's who have a 'right mind'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11823

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

a long tall guy that is quick off his feet and blocks shots like Gobert or Giannis to grow with the franchise at a minimal salary...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 8100
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
a long tall guy that is quick off his feet and blocks shots like Gobert or Giannis to grow with the franchise at a minimal salary...


Oh, like Mitchell Robinson 😔
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 28213

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Case for Boogie Cousins

Zubolo wrote:


I am not sure any GM in their right mind will be offering Bullock that kinda money. Then again, there are not a lot of GM's who have a 'right mind'.


I know it seems that way, but the MLE next season (which is the NBA average salary) will climb to $9 million a year.

Over the past two years, Bullock has been one of the top 3-point shooters in the league and a solid defender. He'll genegate a lot of interest; he's going to start for some team; and money will be his prime motivation.

The minimum I see him making is 3 years, for $7-8 million per a year. I could easily see Detroit offering him $10 million a year.

But he won't be a backup, and he won't be signing for anything close to the vet's minimum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3622

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

mcg cousins and lbj down low would be nice
_________________
U+1F49C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 133627
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Case for Boogie Cousins

activeverb wrote:
Zubolo wrote:


I am not sure any GM in their right mind will be offering Bullock that kinda money. Then again, there are not a lot of GM's who have a 'right mind'.


I know it seems that way, but the MLE next season (which is the NBA average salary) will climb to $9 million a year.

Over the past two years, Bullock has been one of the top 3-point shooters in the league and a solid defender. He'll genegate a lot of interest; he's going to start for some team; and money will be his prime motivation.

The minimum I see him making is 3 years, for $7-8 million per a year. I could easily see Detroit offering him $10 million a year.

But he won't be a backup, and he won't be signing for anything close to the vet's minimum


I think that the Warriors would sign him in a heartbeat
_________________
How about those Blues!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 29336

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
So how much would Boogie realistically command in the open market and which team will have the cap space and the need at center to offer him something close to the max? The only team I can think of is Dallas potentially but maybe they might have a greater need at the point guard position.


The Hawks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 22792
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2008
Posts: 1069

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:


Why because you are not interested.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 22792
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
pjiddy wrote:


Why because you are not interested.....


The only case for keeping Boogie is that we want to piss more money down the toilet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2017
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
So how much would Boogie realistically command in the open market and which team will have the cap space and the need at center to offer him something close to the max? The only team I can think of is Dallas potentially but maybe they might have a greater need at the point guard position.


The Hawks.


True. Thought about them as well but not sure if Cousins is the best fit given where they are in the player development process. I live in Atlanta and follow the team quite a bit. Not sure Cousins is the ideal fit chemistry-wise but you never know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2017
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Case for Boogie Cousins

activeverb wrote:
Zubolo wrote:


I am not sure any GM in their right mind will be offering Bullock that kinda money. Then again, there are not a lot of GM's who have a 'right mind'.


I know it seems that way, but the MLE next season (which is the NBA average salary) will climb to $9 million a year.

Over the past two years, Bullock has been one of the top 3-point shooters in the league and a solid defender. He'll genegate a lot of interest; he's going to start for some team; and money will be his prime motivation.

The minimum I see him making is 3 years, for $7-8 million per a year. I could easily see Detroit offering him $10 million a year.

But he won't be a backup, and he won't be signing for anything close to the vet's minimum


I only throw Reggie Bullocks out there because I am thinking of a vet 3 and D guy. There are multiple others I have in mind that should be considered fro the vet min: Justin Holiday, G Temple, P Connaughton, D Carolle.. at least one of these guys should be possible
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

If Maginka insists on signing him at all, hopefully they only give him a 1 year deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 31148

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

There’s no case if he can’t shoot 3s anymore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Apr 2001
Posts: 685

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
pjiddy wrote:


Why because you are not interested.....


Hey pjiddy you have choices, go to another thread that’s more appealing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Apr 2001
Posts: 685

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
pjiddy wrote:


Why because you are not interested.....


Hey pjiddy you have choices, go to another thread that’s more appealing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 20286
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

If it's not a curious case of growing younger, leaner, faster, then nah, I pass on Boogie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 16757

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I didn't like the healthy Boogie I sure as hell don't want a post-Achilles Boogie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tony
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 1264

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

The games I've seen of Boogie makes me think this injury is going to end his career as a #1 option (or even #2). Dude looks like he can barely get past anyone and on defense it looks even worse.

GSW is definitely making him/his stats look better than it really isl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 1 of 52
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB