I may like the new ESPN columnist :GASP:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: I may like the new ESPN columnist :GASP:

New Page 2 Writer

I'm sure she is going to get brought up eventually on the board. Jemele Hill is the new Page 2 columnist for espn.com. When I'm not on this site, I do check out that site regularly, out of habit. Anyways I saw the new article and new writer, thought I would check it out. Although I'm not yet sure how I feel about her openly talking about the "race card" as often as she did, I think it's a step in the right direction. In my opinion, it is something that needs to be talked about and not swept under the rug as it so often has in the past, or so it seems to me. Anyways the last paragraph is what compelled me to make this thread...

"Give me two truths people refuse to accept.

1. Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA until LeBron starts playing defense consistently. Yes, I know King James led the league in steals, but playing passing lanes and individual D are two different things. The only reason Kobe didn't win MVP is because most sportswriters are men, and to them, Kobe's tattle-telling on Shaq was an unforgivable violation of a dearly held Man Law: Never snitch on your boy."

She gets it!

Now lets just see how long her job at *BSPN* lasts with a outlook like that!

P.S. For future reference, I'm not sure how much credibility she will have in terms of basketball..."King James led the league in steals"...yea...about that...no. Also says something about her credibility as even a writer, not checking facts for HER FIRST COLUMN. At least she gave Kobe props
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Two posted already in the Lounge (mine was first! hehe) but yeah, she should be interesting.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Two posted already in the Lounge (mine was first! hehe) but yeah, she should be interesting.
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=32080
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject:

but is she hot?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: