Microsoft Zune
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:

I find the simplicity of ipod to be dumb.
I don't need a software to organize the mp3s.
I don't want to have to edit every (bleep) id3's
I don't want to have to use a (bleep) program to download songs back from an ipod.
I don't want to deal with any kind of DRM at all.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
^^^ IMO, Creative Zen might be the best mp3/mobile video player combo out there today. Creative came out with mp3 players before the iPod and have always made great product, but just got crushed by the Apple marketing machine and a great app in iTunes.

I don't own a Zen, but have played with it a bit and it seems great. I think it boils down to your iTunes usage. iTunes/iPod is relatively seemless. I can't comment on Zen/iTunes integration. If that is good and is something you use a lot (you should be able to find info on this online fairly easily), you can't go wrong with the Zen as an alternate (or better) choice to the iPod.

I have a Zen and I love the thing. I never had a video Ipod, but I did have a 4G Ipod for about 2 years.

The Zen itself is a lot more powerful and personal than an Ipod. It plays FM radio, the Zen earphones acting as the antenna. Also has a pretty good microphone, allows you to name and save your recordings. Of course you can store photos, change the color theme and also set one of your photos as the background.

Battery is also great. I never see it low. They say it lasts about 14 hours for music.

The Zen is not compatible with Itunes as far as I know. You can sync the music using WMP, or simply drag and drop folders/files into the music directory. It has it's own software and some handy tools as well. One of the better features is that it comes with a video converter. It can take most movie formats and store them on the Zen. The Zen is capable of reading divx videos, which is great when you have a lot of DVD rips like I do.

What do I miss about my ipod? Solitaire.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:

so if you all had to choose..would you all go for the Video IPOD..zen..or Zune? I already have an IPOd..but the older one..the photo ipod..I havent seen the zen up close..but from what I am reading it sure does look good..so the software that it comes with..its basically like ITunes right..just drag and drop in the songs and then upload it to the zen? I like the fact that it comes with an FM tuner..how is the quality with that? Can you all hear the FM Stations good? the FM thing is a major plus..but I am also looking for AM..sometimes I get tired of hearing the songs and I want to be able to listen to some sport talk..but I havent been able to find anything that has an AM Tuner
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: