Who's the best fighter in the world?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

I just wanna see a CroCop v Fedor rematch and CroCop v Big Nog. A Tim Sylvia v Anybody match doesnt sound very exciting at all, the best should fight the best.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject:

You guys read the news on Sherdog today about Matt "The Law" Lindland possibly being Fedor's next opponent?

I really wish he wouldn't waste his time fighting in Bodog. I understand he wants to fight in Russia, but I'm not really interested in these matchups (Monson or Lindland).

As a Fedor fan, I want him to rest a little so he can heal his toe. Then he will resume fighting against Josh Barnett (probably in a PRIDE card in the US) followed by Fabricio Werdum. Both of those guys are top HW's and both have beaten his brother by submission recently. Fedor should avenge those losses for Aleks like he did against Cro Cop. If Fedor is victorious in both fights then PRIDE can consider doing Fedor/Nog 4. He will probably have a rematch with Barnett somewhere in there because that matchup is sure to be competitive. After beating both Nog and Barnett, at this point Fedor will move to the UFC (if Zuffa has not already bought PRIDE by then) so he can rematch the now UFC HW champ Mirko Cro Cop in the first unification HW title fight with Fedor coming out on top once again. Then Fedor can retire undefeated as the greatest MMA fighter of all-time, like Frank Dux in the kumite.

Actually, I hope he fights for longer than that, but I had to throw in the Bloodsport reference. 8)
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Whoa.... Whoa..... Whoa.......

How quickly everyone forgets.....

Who's the best fighter in the world? Do you not know? There is only one answer:

CHUCK NORRIS

Quote:
1. Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.
2. There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
3. Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
4. The chief export of Chuck Norris is Pain.
5. There is no chin under Chuck Norris' Beard. There is only another fist.
6. Chuck Norris has two speeds. Walk, and Kill.
7. The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer
8. Chuck Norris drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.
9. Chuck Norris is my Homeboy.
10. Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting.... CHUCK NORRIS GOES KILLING

[/thread.]
Trickster
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject:

The Chinese old dude on "Master of the Flying Guillotine" will own any of these MMA fighters.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject:

Kurt Angle was on Bubba the Love Sponge's radio show yesterday and called Fedor, "The baddest dude on the planet."

It's true, it's true.

I'm not saying that means anything, but I just thought it was pretty cool for an Olympic gold medal winning wrestler to acknowledge him.

There was also some guest on the show who claims to be an MMA expert/analyst and he wrongly reported that Cro Cop beat Fedor in PRIDE. Why would someone just talk out of their butt like that without knowing the facts? What an idiot!
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
You guys read the news on Sherdog today about Matt "The Law" Lindland possibly being Fedor's next opponent?

I really wish he wouldn't waste his time fighting in Bodog. I understand he wants to fight in Russia, but I'm not really interested in these matchups (Monson or Lindland).

As a Fedor fan, I want him to rest a little so he can heal his toe. Then he will resume fighting against Josh Barnett (probably in a PRIDE card in the US) followed by Fabricio Werdum. Both of those guys are top HW's and both have beaten his brother by submission recently. Fedor should avenge those losses for Aleks like he did against Cro Cop. If Fedor is victorious in both fights then PRIDE can consider doing Fedor/Nog 4. He will probably have a rematch with Barnett somewhere in there because that matchup is sure to be competitive. After beating both Nog and Barnett, at this point Fedor will move to the UFC (if Zuffa has not already bought PRIDE by then) so he can rematch the now UFC HW champ Mirko Cro Cop in the first unification HW title fight with Fedor coming out on top once again. Then Fedor can retire undefeated as the greatest MMA fighter of all-time, like Frank Dux in the kumite.

Actually, I hope he fights for longer than that, but I had to throw in the Bloodsport reference. 8)

A lot of fans like to discount the loss to TK. Yes, I know it was an illegal elbow that caused the cut, but a loss is a loss.
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject:

VindicatioN wrote:
Triumph wrote:

A lot of fans like to discount the loss to TK. Yes, I know it was an illegal elbow that caused the cut, but a loss is a loss.

True, but he whooped his a$$ in their rematch.
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject:

casH wrote:
VindicatioN wrote:
Triumph wrote:

True, but he whooped his a$$ in their rematch.

Of course, just like he would have whooped his ass in the first fight, if not for the elbow. There's no denying who the best MMA fighter in the world is, that wasn't the point at hand.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:

VindicatioN wrote:
Triumph wrote:

It's not a loss, it's a dumb technicality. It would have been ruled a No Contest, but the fight was during an elimination tournament so a winner needed to be declared for the tourney to continue. They had no choice but to give it to TK. Fedor doesn't need an excuse. Anyone with any sense can conclude that it doesn't count. If it happened in PRIDE it would have been correctly ruled an NC. It's the same as Fedor's cut during Fedor-Nog 2 from the accidental illegal headbutt, which was ruled an NC. You shouldn't win from cutting someone with an illegal strike. That's like giving a win to someone who stops an opponent from a groin strike.
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
VindicatioN wrote:
Triumph wrote:

It's not a loss, it's a dumb technicality. It would have been ruled a No Contest, but the fight was during an elimination tournament so a winner needed to be declared for the tourney to continue. They had no choice but to give it to TK. Fedor doesn't need an excuse. Anyone with any sense can conclude that it doesn't count. If it happened in PRIDE it would have been correctly ruled an NC. It's the same as Fedor's cut during Fedor-Nog 2 from the accidental illegal headbutt, which was ruled an NC. You shouldn't win from cutting someone with an illegal strike. That's like giving a win to someone who stops an opponent from a groin strike.

Bro, i'm with ya.. it shouldn't have been counted as a loss, but bottom line is, it did. Therefore, he's not undefeated. Not really trying to argue with you here, just stating a fact.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject:

VindicatioN wrote:
Triumph wrote:
VindicatioN wrote:
Triumph wrote:

Bro, i'm with ya.. it shouldn't have been counted as a loss, but bottom line is, it did. Therefore, he's not undefeated. Not really trying to argue with you here, just stating a fact.

Thats b/c you have no argument.
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
VindicatioN wrote:
Triumph wrote:
VindicatioN wrote:
Triumph wrote:

Thats b/c you have no argument.

Ok, since you feel the need to chime in here.. you're right, there's no argument to be made here. His record speaks for itself. 25-1.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't care what the record says. It's wrong. Do you just follow/agree with any rule or ruling if it's somewhat official, even though it's totally ludicrous? For example, OJ Simpson did not murder Nicole Brown because the jury acquitted him. He is innocent of the crime. That's what it says on the official record. See how lame that is?

It would've been one thing if TK was kicking Fedor's ass in the fight until the cut, and then they ruled it a TKO (doctor stoppage). I would count that as a legitimate loss. The cut happened 17 seconds into the first round. That fight doesn't count. And everyone agrees on this, not just Fedor fans. RINGS was a pro wrestling org before they briefly held MMA matches. It's not even around anymore. You couldn't even punch people in the face on the ground. That organization was a joke. And their silly decision to count that as a loss on Fedor's record solidifies it.

A fight that you could debate either way is Coleman's "victory" over Shogun. But there is no argument for TK beating Fedor. It simply did not happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: