Tiki Barber rips Gary Myers, Tom Jackson, and Michael Irvin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Tiki Barber rips Gary Myers, Tom Jackson, and Michael Irvin

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2639376

"...I will call them idiots, because they have neither spoken to me, nor any one of my teammates or any of my coaches," Barber said. "Yet all they do is criticize me for being a distraction with this retirement thing."

"And that includes Gary Myers," he said. "That includes Tom Jackson on ESPN. That includes the ultimate character guy, facetiously speaking of course, Michael Irvin. Please get a clue on how to be a journalist.

------------------------------------
I have no idea who Gary Myers is, don't really care for Tom Jackson, but I definitely hate Michael Irvin, because I think he is a complete idiot and buffoon. I bet Tiki would beat the heck out of Irvin if they were to duke it out.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

Good for Tiki. The guy is averaging 5 yards a carry and has reeled off 3 straight 100+ yard rushing games. That doesn't sound like quitting to me. Michael Irvin is an idiot.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Ha ha, let's see if this has any effect on ESPN. When Tampa Bay won the Superbowl, Keyshawn Johnson called out Sterling Sharpe when someone asked if he really deserved the ring since the defense really won the title for him. His reply? "See, I am getting a ring! I don't have to get one from my brother! I got my own!"

Shortly there after, Sterling Sharpe was gone from ESPN.

Michael Irvin gets on my nerves. I prefer Merril Hoge. He and Ron Jaworski.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Ha ha, let's see if this has any effect on ESPN. When Tampa Bay won the Superbowl, Keyshawn Johnson called out Sterling Sharpe when someone asked if he really deserved the ring since the defense really won the title for him. His reply? "See, I am getting a ring! I don't have to get one from my brother! I got my own!"

Michael Irvin gets on my nerves. I prefer Merrill Hoge. He and Ron Jaworski.
I like Jaws and Merrill too.

Tiki has already beat the odds in regards to being a running back (ave. NFL career of a running back is 3.5 years). Tiki will go down as the Giants all time leading rusher (and has a boat load of other Giant records). He has all his factilities and a promising career in TV (has been on CBS morning news in NYC for years). Can anybody fault the guy for wanting to retire while he can still walk, talk and lead a normal life after football? Like he said, 'football is small part of my life, it was a foundation for my future, which I looking forward to starting'.

And for Irvin to question the leadership Tiki bring to his team is utterly ridiculous! Especially come from this jackhole.

Ask Merrill Hoge if he had to do it over again, would he have retired earlier in his career?

Quote:
Five concussions in eight years ended the career of former Steelers fullback Merrill Hoge. There was that time he found himself playing in Kansas City, not Tampa Bay, where he thought he was. He could even hear the ocean.

His wife would tuck her telephone number into his wallet because, inevitably, he would space out while driving, unable to remember his way home. And sometimes, when he got there, the family didn't look familiar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
encina1 wrote:

Michael Irvin gets on my nerves. I prefer Merrill Hoge. He and Ron Jaworski.
I like Jaws and Merrill too.

Tiki has already beat the odds in regards to being a running back (ave. NFL career of a running back is 3.5 years). Tiki will go down as the Giants all time leading rusher (and has a boat load of other Giant records). He has all his factilities and a promising career in TV (has been on CBS morning news in NYC for years). Can anybody fault the guy for wanting to retire while he can still walk, talk and lead a normal life after football? Like he said, 'football is small part of my life, it was a foundation for my future, which I looking forward to starting'.

And for Irvin to question the leadership Tiki bring to his team is utterly ridiculous! Especially come from this jackhole.

Ask Merrill Hoge if he had to do it over again, would he have retired earlier in his career?

Quote:
Five concussions in eight years ended the career of former Steelers fullback Merrill Hoge. There was that time he found himself playing in Kansas City, not Tampa Bay, where he thought he was. He could even hear the ocean.

His wife would tuck her telephone number into his wallet because, inevitably, he would space out while driving, unable to remember his way home. And sometimes, when he got there, the family didn't look familiar.

Irvin is an absolute idiot, he is the T.O jocker. Thats really all u need too know about him. Tom jackson is pretty good, no issues with him, most of the football guys their are good.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Doesnt Irvin smoke meth
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

This is why I defended Ricky Williams when he wanted to retire. Media guys and fans got on his case for walking away from the game, wasting his talent, abandoning his teammates, blah blah blah. It was easy for other people to pile on because Ricky was just interested in leaving the game and doing his own thing, which probably involved quite a bit of smoking. No one felt bad about screaming at Ricky because he just wanted to leave the game and smoke. I defended him because it's his friggin life and he doesn't owe the fans or the media jack.

Now Tiki wants to do a similar thing and the media is reacting the same damn way, even though what Tiki wants to do is helluva lot more defensible than smoking weed. And that's what I saw when Ricky did it. The media guys weren't reacting that way because they were outraged about the weed, they were acting that way because they feel that football players owe them something. I say good for you, Tiki. And doubly good for you calling these jackasses out.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
This is why I defended Ricky Williams when he wanted to retire. Media guys and fans got on his case for walking away from the game, wasting his talent, abandoning his teammates, blah blah blah. It was easy for other people to pile on because Ricky was just interested in leaving the game and doing his own thing, which probably involved quite a bit of smoking. No one felt bad about screaming at Ricky because he just wanted to leave the game and smoke. I defended him because it's his friggin life and he doesn't owe the fans or the media jack.

Now Tiki wants to do a similar thing and the media is reacting the same damn way, even though what Tiki wants to do is helluva lot more defensible than smoking weed. And that's what I saw when Ricky did it. The media guys weren't reacting that way because they were outraged about the weed, they were acting that way because they feel that football players owe them something. I say good for you, Tiki. And doubly good for you calling these jackasses out.

Right.
On.
Point.

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Doesnt Irvin smoke meth

Rock cocaine I believe.

And if I am not mistaken, Gary Myers is the upstanding citizen who got arrested in Cleveland for lobbing bags of his own urine (true story) down on people below him from an upper level in a bar.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: