Gaming Sytems: Xbox 360 - Ps3 - Wii.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Gaming Sytems: Xbox 360 - Ps3 - Wii.

I was reading some articles about these systems last night and wasnt sure how good the new "motion sensing " technology would translate too gameing controlers. The wii's controller and system looks very interesting, i was thinking it would be a waste, then found myself thinking i could get it for my litter sister for xmas, then i realized it was going too be a big hit, its aimed at kids much like the snes and ness. The ps3 IMO, is going too crash and burn, i mean a 600 dollar price tag, online Question marks, and they took out rumble from their controllers which i think is going too be a huge mistake. I have an xbox 360, took a risk in most people eyes and got it because i had an xbox and loved it. As of now it looks like a great investiment , microsoft is throwing everything at it, and it has everything u could want.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

I agree the 360 and the Wii seems the way to go. I got my 360 already will eventually get the Wii. However there isn't a lot of games coming out for 360 at this point well until august and saints row comes out. Then a lot more games come out after that. IM happy with the games I got so far though and don't plan on buying that many every game is 60 damn bucks. Hopefully the Wii games cost a lot less.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Table Tennis FTW....Dead Rising next month. What's ur GS eureca? I'm an achievement point whore. 10K and rising for me.
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I'll get the Wii. Won't get the 360 or the PS3.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Table Tennis FTW....Dead Rising next month. What's ur GS eureca? I'm an achievement point whore. 10K and rising for me.

865 the only game I really tried to get every point from is Madden since those were way easy. 10k? (bleep).
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

865 the only game I really tried to get every point from is Madden since those were way easy. 10k? (bleep).

(bleep) man, i dont even keep track of that, i think i have a 1000 maybe, or maybe way less, not sure.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject:

From E3, the buzz was surrounding the Wii. The PS3 didn't get too many glowing reviews and Sony's insistence on bringing blue-ray to corner the DVD market will probably backfire on them. The two systems that will compete with each other are the 360 and Wii.
1twojay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject:

Yes 360 is looking good so far, too bad the selection of games is short.

XBOX Live huge.

my Gamertag is onetwojay - feel free to add me and let me know you're a fellow lakerfan!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject:

PS3 looks like it's going to be seriously hurt by the 1st Person shooters of the 360 and the loss of GTA as a Sony exclusive.

The Wii stole the show. The controller works just as I had dreamed it would be.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject:

the Wii is more of a niche console that doesnt have to compete directly with ms and sony since it provides a very different gaming experience
its like ms and sony are pepsi and coke while nintendo is sprite

this was a smart move because they with definitely get a solid gaming pool to buy it and also it has a cheap price tag so someone get both
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

Anyone else dissapointed in Madden for xbox 360?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:

Little late...Madden has sucked the past 4-5 seasons. If only NFL 2k5 was BC.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

Madden on Ps2 kicks ass , and has for a many years now...

Gameplay for Madden on XBOX360 is atrocious!
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:

1twojay wrote:
Yes 360 is looking good so far, too bad the selection of games is short.

XBOX Live huge.

my Gamertag is onetwojay - feel free to add me and let me know you're a fellow lakerfan!

Yea , when i got my xbox 360 around launch, i bought one game and lost track of other new release or soon too releases. But ive started lookin at previews for new games and they look really good. I mean gears of wars,saints rows, superman returns,NBA 2k7 (Looks sicks), ncca football, the godfather, alot of upcoming games that have caught my eye.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

Madden on Ps2 kicks ass , and has for a many years now...

Gameplay for Madden on XBOX360 is atrocious!

It has sucked for alteast 2 years. NFL 2k was the new king, but EA messed that up. Now that there isnt any more compettition you can tell EA has slacked off since they already people would buy it.

However yes Madden on 360 was more bad then usual which was all on EA. Live sucked aswell. The only good sports game on 360 so far I believe was NBA 2k6. Which was just a port with updated graphics. However it was a port of a great game. Cant wait for 2k7.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject:

PS3's weakness....

http://ps3weaknesschucknorris.ytmnd.com/
NewpLakersFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject:

i'm torn i'll probably buy a ps3 later when the price lowers a bit and buy a wii when it comes out. I'll get xbox 360 when halo 3 comes out later.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Man... if this somehow were true. Nintendo looking to take a big bite out of the market?

Wii for $150?
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Trust me, you won't go wrong with a PS3.

The wii looks awesome and like a lot of fun, but the system won't have any room for expansion, what you see is what you're going to get for that system.

Just like PS2 games got significantly better since it's launch, expect the same from the already high-end graphics that you're going to get from PS3. With all it's capabilities, there is so much room for expansion.

I hope I can get my hands on a PS3 when it launches.. and I wouldn't mind having a Wii either

Amen to that!
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe so many are counting out the PS3.....Sony will probably end up winning the console wars again. They won with the PS1/PS2 and will probably win again with the PS3
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject:

I'm going with the Wii - it just seems so fun & innovative!

While I'll be more than satisfied with Nintendo's 1st party offerings (don't have as much time as I used to for video games), i'm hoping that Nintendo will grab a huge market share with their Blue Ocean Business Strategy, attracting more people than the existing "gamer" market, thereby bringing more quality 3rd party games into the mix.

I've only read that Wii will be <$250, but if that link JD posted is legit, I'll be even happier (Probably pick up a few extra games with the difference)
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject:

Even though the PS3 will still be great in its own way... I think everyone... and I mean EVERYONE should just not buy it when it comes out. Why? The ridiculous price.

I mean, if I can afford the PS3, I know tons of people still can afford it (aside the high school students and whatnot). But most people who grew up on video games should be in college or working by now. So yeah, people will still buy the PS3.

What I mean is, everyone should jump and by the Wii first. This should at least get Sony to worry and lower the price for the PS3 sooner. But sadly, this won't happen... and PS3 will be earning all the extra profit with their overpriced system, and it'll take them longer to drop the price for the other folks.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject:

I have a 360 already and I will be getting a Wii. The PS3 I may get one day, but certainly not for anything close to $600. I bought a PS2 at launch, but Sony can suck it long and hard if they think I'm gonna pay that kinda money.

JD: The Wii may not be $150, but it will probably be in that area. The NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube all had a launch price of $200 in the US. I expect the Wii will be about the same.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:
Even though the PS3 will still be great in its own way... I think everyone... and I mean EVERYONE should just not buy it when it comes out. Why? The ridiculous price.

I mean, if I can afford the PS3, I know tons of people still can afford it (aside the high school students and whatnot). But most people who grew up on video games should be in college or working by now. So yeah, people will still buy the PS3.

What I mean is, everyone should jump and by the Wii first. This should at least get Sony to worry and lower the price for the PS3 sooner. But sadly, this won't happen... and PS3 will be earning all the extra profit with their overpriced system, and it'll take them longer to drop the price for the other folks.

Sony is very prideful. This blu ray thing could turn out to be a disaster but they would never admit that. They are counting on their die hard fan base to follow them into a 600.00 experience(actually more like 750.00) with the tax extra controller and game) but I agree people shouldnt buy it until they lower the price.
I have a 360.00 and perfect dark zero. I am waiting patiently for the release of Halo 3
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject:

So the Nintendo Wii launch date and price was officially announced today.

Nov. 19 at $250 with Wii Sports included.
Games will retail for about $49.99 like they do now.
Also, downloadable virtual console games will cost $5, $8, and $10 for NES, SNES, and N64 games, respectively.
Extra Wiimote controller will be $40 with the "nunchuck" attachment costing $20.
Twilight Princess will ship at launch, but the Gamecube version won't come out until December.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: