GO BLUE GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm a fan of Gagne. Too bad about his injury.

Anyway we thought the blue had lost it's luster with the word "Dodgers" on it and all. So we decided to leave the poopy brown behind and revive the blue and bring back the respect it deserves.

Yeah - ya'll better hope you didn't use all your magic up with those 4 homers in a row and those 2 walk offs by Nomar.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
I'm a fan of Gagne. Too bad about his injury.

Anyway we thought the blue had lost it's luster with the word "Dodgers" on it and all. So we decided to leave the poopy brown behind and revive the blue and bring back the respect it deserves.

Yeah - ya'll better hope you didn't use all your magic up with those 4 homers in a row and those 2 walk offs by Nomar.

don't forget you guys have all of our ex-players too. goes to show padres have an inferiority complex and have to steal another team's roster/colors.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject:

How many ex-dodgers do we have - 3 at the most?

Get off of it 2nd place. Suck. Swallow.

frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

swallow eh? something that the madres are used to doing. Swallowing the fact that they still have no rings.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

I was told that the Mets play the Dodgers in the first round. Is this true, because if it is, then I can start talking some smack too.

Uhm, but then again, I am a Mets fan, so there isn't much I can say anyways. Uh....at least the Mets didn't get swept by the Yankees in their World Series matchup? No? Doesn't work? I will go sit down again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Yes it's true. You can't claim to be a Mets fan and then come in here not knowing who they're playing in the playoffs.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:

rofl, what are you guys, Queens fans? Bragging about "division titles" ...

... 'nuff said ...

Last edited by DuncanIdaho on Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject:

GO BLUE

We beat the Mets and it's all the way.

Join us on DodgersGround for the game updtae and other things blue.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject:

Another matchup with the Yankees sure would be memorable, especially considering all the times the two teams have met in the big show in the past. (11 times)
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
psydesho wrote:

... 'nuff said ...

It's been nearly 20 years since the Dodgers have won a title. That's a whole damn generation. We are talking about the recent history of baseball and the Padres have been a more successful team overall with a much smaller payroll. Believe me - I want the rings to show off in your faces, but it's not like ya'll have anything shiny and new to flaunt.

Therefore bow down to the divisional champs chumps.

Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
psydesho wrote:

... 'nuff said ...

It's been nearly 20 years since the Dodgers have won a title. That's a whole damn generation. We are talking about the recent history of baseball and the Padres have been a more successful team overall with a much smaller payroll. Believe me - I want the rings to show off in your faces, but it's not like ya'll have anything shiny and new to flaunt.

I'm not so much into baseball, but it sounds so funny to hear you brag about that.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:

A. We're just starting to undo the damage Fox did to the franchise.
B. Our farm system is (arguably) the best in the majors.
C. The Padres have no farm system to speak of.
D. Arizona and Colorado have a better farm system than the Padres.

Enjoy this year's (co-) division title. Also enjoy fighting with the Giants for last place for the rest of the decade.

Anyway, all that being said, I love the playoffs! When October is done I'll be sure to apologize to you about the Queens comment.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:

It's been nearly........ uh, how long ago did the Padres win the World Series? I don't know that that's a debate a Padre fan really wants to have.

Here is the fact - the Padres are NOT a rival of the Dodgers. It only goes one-way, and it's the Pads who think of themselves as rivals of LA. Not the other way around. Outside of the youngsters who don't know their history, the Padres are no more a rival to the Dodgers than the Rockies are.

The Kings were more of a rival to the Lakers than the Pads are to LA. At least the Kings got the Lakers and the fans' attention. But they weren't/aren't a rival. Same with SD. The Kings also gloated over Division Titles, so you do have that in common with them.
The Dodgers have Dodger stadium – the Padres have a nifty new park named after a pet store. The Dodgers have Tommy Lasorda - the Padres have.... Dick Williams? The Dodgers have Vin Scully – the Padres have Oh Doctor! The Dodgers have baseball history, with teams like the Yankees, A’s and Giants. The Padres have….. no history to speak of.

From Bobby Thomson & Ralph Branca, to Juan Marichal & Johnny Rosboro, to Joe Morgan, to Mike Piazza, the Dodgers and Giants have a history together. The Dodgers and Padres have....... well, Steve Garvey played for the Pads in the '84 series. Davey Lopes coached 1st base. And I think Fernando wore turd-brown for a spell.

So please, Padre fans, enjoy your success, your team, your beautiful park and these winning times. But please, for the love of all things good and pure, do not talk trash to Dodger fans. It only makes the Padres seem even more like the annoying little brother to the south.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
psydesho wrote:

It's been nearly........ uh, how long ago did the Padres win the World Series? I don't know that that's a debate a Padre fan really wants to have.

Here is the fact - the Padres are NOT a rival of the Dodgers. It only goes one-way, and it's the Pads who think of themselves as rivals of LA. Not the other way around. Outside of the youngsters who don't know their history, the Padres are no more a rival to the Dodgers than the Rockies are.

The Kings were more of a rival to the Lakers than the Pads are to LA. At least the Kings got the Lakers and the fans' attention. But they weren't/aren't a rival. Same with SD. The Kings also gloated over Division Titles, so you do have that in common with them.
The Dodgers have Dodger stadium – the Padres have a nifty new park named after a pet store. The Dodgers have Tommy Lasorda - the Padres have.... Dick Williams? The Dodgers have Vin Scully – the Padres have Oh Doctor! The Dodgers have baseball history, with teams like the Yankees, A’s and Giants. The Padres have….. no history to speak of.

From Bobby Thomson & Ralph Branca, to Juan Marichal & Johnny Rosboro, to Joe Morgan, to Mike Piazza, the Dodgers and Giants have a history together. The Dodgers and Padres have....... well, Steve Garvey played for the Pads in the '84 series. Davey Lopes coached 1st base. And I think Fernando wore turd-brown for a spell.

So please, Padre fans, enjoy your success, your team, your beautiful park and these winning times. But please, for the love of all things good and pure, do not talk trash to Dodger fans. It only makes the Padres seem even more like the annoying little brother to the south.

pwnage
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Padre fans should concern themselves with the Cardinals before they worry about the Dodgers. St. Louis has their ace down 3-0 at home in the 4th inning.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Padre fans should concern themselves with the Cardinals before they worry about the Dodgers. St. Louis has their ace down 3-0 at home in the 4th inning.

5-0 now.

I see that Minny's Ace lost today as well, at home. Zito was lights out.

"To beat Rocket at Yankee Stadium was definitely No. 1 before today," Zito said. "But beating Johan in this place? I might have to rethink that one. Flip a coin. They're both pretty incredible feelings"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: