Lost Season 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

KobeWalksOnWater wrote:
you guys are missing it. I know the correct theory. So actually it's not a theory, its a fact. So here's the deal.

The explosion in the hatch caused some freak electromagnetic anomaly that gave Desmond, Eko, and John Locke special powers.

Desmond can see the future. Eko can fly. John Locke can speak to the island.

Together, this is a deadly combination. The others have this whole thing planned out, but they have no idea what has happened to Desmond Locke and Eko. Desmond is smart. He knows this and will use it to his advantage.

Knowing now that Eko can fly, he can see the future, and Locke can get high and talk to the island, Desmond is going to combine forces.

Together, Desmond (see the future) and Eko (fly) can FLY INTO THE FUTURE. Wow, that is quite amazing you might say. Yes, it is.

So what now? Desmonds gonna hop onto Eko's back and take off for the ride of his life into the future. This is where the show takes more of a sci-fi twist. I'm not exactly sure what happens after this, or what Locke getting high and talking to the island has to do with this joining of powers, but I am 100% sure this is exactly what is going on. I'm sorry if I ruined the show for you.

You've been reading too many LOST boards.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
KobeWalksOnWater wrote:
you guys are missing it. I know the correct theory. So actually it's not a theory, its a fact. So here's the deal.

The explosion in the hatch caused some freak electromagnetic anomaly that gave Desmond, Eko, and John Locke special powers.

Desmond can see the future. Eko can fly. John Locke can speak to the island.

Together, this is a deadly combination. The others have this whole thing planned out, but they have no idea what has happened to Desmond Locke and Eko. Desmond is smart. He knows this and will use it to his advantage.

Knowing now that Eko can fly, he can see the future, and Locke can get high and talk to the island, Desmond is going to combine forces.

Together, Desmond (see the future) and Eko (fly) can FLY INTO THE FUTURE. Wow, that is quite amazing you might say. Yes, it is.

So what now? Desmonds gonna hop onto Eko's back and take off for the ride of his life into the future. This is where the show takes more of a sci-fi twist. I'm not exactly sure what happens after this, or what Locke getting high and talking to the island has to do with this joining of powers, but I am 100% sure this is exactly what is going on. I'm sorry if I ruined the show for you.

You've been reading too many LOST boards.

i think hes just been doing a little too much drinking after celebrating bynum's coming of the next shaq!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

I clicked on Off Topic by accident and saw this thread. LG just went up another notch in my book. I love this show. I started watching season 1, started missing episodes, and vowed I wouldn't watch it until the DVDs came out. So for the rest of Season 1 and all of Season 2 - I didn't watch nor hear any info at all about Lost. I caught up by getting Season 1 on Father's Day, Season 2 on my birthday and now watching Season 3.

And yes, DVR is the only way to watch Lost - especially after not having to deal with a commercial for almost 2 straight seasons. At 9:45 it's on for me.

That's my joint. The only thing besides sports I make sure I watch.

Now, my thoughts on Season 3

- The Others are NOT calling shots. From their comments questioning the purple cloud and not being connected, to them not aware of Desmond's boat to other things being said so far this Season I'm 100% sure there is someone controlling things more than them. The Others aren't "hard" enough.

- I agree its not Ben who has the tumor, probably someone The Others follow.

- Just as the survivors are being played and watched, I believe the Others are as well. They are pushing their own button and just don't realize it.

- Julliet said she's a fertility doctor. I believe she and the Others are the reason Sun got pregnant (that cheating b****). From them wanting Walt, to wanting Cher's baby, to kidnapping Alex, to putting Sawyer and Kate together - its clear they are trying to get kids to keep the population of their community growing. There has to be something about the island that makes them infertile.

- Desmond obviously can see the future. I thought of time travel but thats not likely because anytime you change one thing, everything else changes off of that. Butterfly effect.

- I don't believe Sawyer was conned over Clementine. Just more depth to the character - he's not as superficial as he wants to appear.

- The biggest question I have is this - wtf is up with that 3-toed statue?

- Charlie definitely is bugging me now. Hopefully Desmond showing him what's up with the lightening knocks the chip off his shoulder.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

Good thoughts 2Cleva. Charlie bugs the hell outta me too. I hope he's the next one to get killed because he's really kind of useless now.

That statue mystifies me too. It seems like an homage to Planet of the Apes. Makes me wonder a bit about the island and the possibility that is somewhat of a wormhole where it's possible to move through space/time. Kinda out there, but with this show, who knows?
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

I don't believe Charlie will be killed - at least not too soon. He had his brush with death already a couple of times.

It seems people die once their circle is complete. They go through their up then down, deal with it and then poof - they are gone.

Boone - got over being in love with Shannon
Shannon - became independent, dealt with her brother issues, started listening to the island.
Ana Lucia - Got over her emotional issues.
Libby - Not sure here.

But the whole death/killing people off seems overdone in Season 2. They can't keep going to that well.

Also, the polar bears obviously have been experimented with. I doubt it was trying to kill Ecko either. Maybe wanted a friend.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

what about the other set of "others?" the podcast reveals this...could one set of others rule one island and another set rule another?

2cleva...good thoughts...esp. regarding the fertility stuff...

either way..i'm glad we're finally getting some answers...
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
what about the other set of "others?" the podcast reveals this...could one set of others rule one island and another set rule another?

I didn't see that but it makes sense. The Others we know of pushing the survivor's buttons while some outside influence is pushing the Others.

Look at their situation - they rely on drop shipments for food, they have people outside the island doing research on the survivors, sending them video tapes and books and whatnot.

I think back to the end of Season 2 when Desmond's girl has a search party trying to find them on the sensors. Its obviously they are some place on earth.

Considering the magnetism of the planet, combined with that throwing compasses off, as well as the tracking team was in the middle of some ice strom - I have a feeling the island is an anolomy close to the South Pole. That is a place close enough to Australia, the reason why Desmond couldn't sail away, the reason why the Others told Michael to head in a certain direction, why the Others figured if they had a boat they would just go in circles. The poles, being magentic, would throw off most sensors so it would be near impossible to go away from. Everything would point North.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm going to be here for a while.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

2Cleva wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I didn't see that but it makes sense. The Others we know of pushing the survivor's buttons while some outside influence is pushing the Others.

Look at their situation - they rely on drop shipments for food, they have people outside the island doing research on the survivors, sending them video tapes and books and whatnot.

I think back to the end of Season 2 when Desmond's girl has a search party trying to find them on the sensors. Its obviously they are some place on earth.

Considering the magnetism of the planet, combined with that throwing compasses off, as well as the tracking team was in the middle of some ice strom - I have a feeling the island is an anolomy close to the South Pole. That is a place close enough to Australia, the reason why Desmond couldn't sail away, the reason why the Others told Michael to head in a certain direction, why the Others figured if they had a boat they would just go in circles. The poles, being magentic, would throw off most sensors so it would be near impossible to go away from. Everything would point North.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm going to be here for a while.

I'm with ya brother...they haven't revisted those two guys and desmond's girl since last season...

I'm convinced Kate is an "other" and that she needs to die.

check out the official LOST podcast..you get to hear stuff from the mouths of the writers..and they do reveal things here and there...
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject:

Where is the podcast at? Link?

Also, the preview on TV now says someone dies within the next couple of weeks. Charlie? Kate?
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:

I'm with ya brother...they haven't revisted those two guys and desmond's girl since last season...

I'm convinced Kate is an "other" and that she needs to die.

check out the official LOST podcast..you get to hear stuff from the mouths of the writers..and they do reveal things here and there...

They get to Desmond's chick on the first episode of the second 18-episode block that begins in February. JJ Abrahms is actually directing that one.

I thought Kate had switched sides, but am now convinced otherwise!

I am a geek, but enjoy the Jay and Jack Lost Podcast. Just type LOST in iTunes and Jay and Jack will show up. The ABC podcast is on the regular site: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

ya...i completely forgot about desmonds girl...but now that he can see the future...can he see that she is looking for him? or does this mean she never finds him because he doesnt know anything about her looking?
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

Ahh. Thanks for the link.

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
ya...i completely forgot about desmonds girl...but now that he can see the future...can he see that she is looking for him? or does this mean she never finds him because he doesnt know anything about her looking?

I doubt Desmond has the ability to see that far in the future. Both things he saw so far happend the same day.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

2Cleva wrote:
Ahh. Thanks for the link.

lakersdynasty999 wrote:

I doubt Desmond has the ability to see that far in the future. Both things he saw so far happend the same day.

And my guess is it's also limited to what happens on the island.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I've about had it with this show. They don't give answers... only more questions, more mystery. They'll tease you... act like they're coming to some (any) conclusion... only to set you up one more time. This show is setting up to one day get canceled and leave everyone scratching their heads.

And now they kill Eko? While he may not be everyones' favorite... I'd be willing to bet, he's high on the list.

Total (bleep) tonight.
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

The Eko death was too predictable. I bet the real thing he whispered to Locke was... "Don't drink and drive... or you'll be next".

So Locke just said, "we're next". LOL
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
I've about had it with this show. They don't give answers... only more questions, more mystery. They'll tease you... act like they're coming to some (any) conclusion... only to set you up one more time. This show is setting up to one day get canceled and leave everyone scratching their heads.

And now they kill Eko? While he may not be everyones' favorite... I'd be willing to bet, he's high on the list.

Total (bleep) tonight.

killing eko threw me for a loop as well but i disagree with you on the nature of the show. they cannot show their hand too soon. they give us little tidbits along the way. a lot of people don't like the flashbacks but they provide the show with character development and depth.

the show can be frustrating but for me its frustrating in a good way. i never expect to be given a big reveal in any episode because that's just not how the show works. i know my answers will come eventually and the show delivers good entertainment in the meantime. i like being along for the ride.

the jack/ben storyline tonight was phenomenal. the videotape juliette shows jack was great drama.

eko is a good badass character (speaks softly and carries a big stick) but he is also one dimensional and his character never really developed into anything other than the guy with the shady past. losing him isn't really that big a blow to the show imo as locke, desmond, jack, and sawyer are all more interesting anyway. if only they could kill charlie.

it's understandable that people get restless with the show but i always try to view tv shows and movies for what they are and not what i wish they'd be.
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject:

Agreed ocho. The answers come in time.

Julliet is a cold mamjamma. That woman has a few tricks up her sleeve. I sometimes wonder if she's not in charge and just pretends that Ben is.

Ecko's death represents the true master of the island. The Others just live there but they aren't controlling that ghost cloud. "You talk to me like I'm your brother". Something has the ability to posess the thoughs/read the memories of the survivors to posess the dead and make them do the island's bidding.

Like "Ecko's brother' - it was tring to get Ecko to confess, in other word's break him. But since it couldn't, it killed him.

Not unlike what Ben did to Jack but the Others obviously are second hand at it. They learned their techiniques from bad experience, I assume, to who really calls shots.

Also, look at what Ben said about needing a surgeon and one falling out of the Sky. Going back to the flashback of Desmond and the contingency needed to push the button, its obvious the Others didn't crash the plane but some outside influence maybe anticipated the plane coming and had a factor in Desmond leaving the hatch? I have to watch that episode over again.
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject:

oh my this show is driving me nuts...great episode though...so was it reverese psychology by henry on jack? or is he really telling the truth? thats what I love about this show...too much to think about! I think juliet is a fraud...and the real mastermind behind this...henry is a good guy I believe..just weird.

also is it just me or is it that when each of the characters accept their problems that are in their lives they die? boone, ecko, shannon they all accepted their insecurities/faults then were killed....bitter twist of fate.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:

Total (bleep) tonight.

I'm with you. At this rate they can run this show for a hundred seasons. Just introduce new characters while killing off old characters. And Eko, he was my favorite and now he's gone. Do they think killing off characters improve their ratings? This is a travashahbacle and I'm ready to quit this show. But it is hard, with all the time I have invested in it.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

But, see.. the answers don't come in time.

What answers do we have? The others aren't the savages they tried to portray in the beginning... and the end of the world won't come if they quit pushing the button. Other than that, they've just created more mystery on top of more mystery. They supposedly answer a question... but just throw in a twist, which leaves that answer, unsatisfying.

I understand the "purpose" of the show. However, the way they draw it out... I'm telling you... this show will end (be canceled) before they ever give us "the answer".

Besides that... I'm tired of the producers/writers holier than thou attitude. So some of the actors had some run-ins with the law. Its not like they killed someone. How many perfect people are in this world? They've killed off 3 very good and central characters because of this attitude. I'd like to know how clean the producers/writers backgrounds are. Let's say one of them has an "incident"... are they willing to remove themselves from the picture, if that were to happen? What if one of the main writers, gets in a traffic dispute... is the show just going to end, because of it? If the higher ups were to judge by the previously set standards... it would be the "right thing to do".

I'll keep watching for now... but my patience is wearing thin. I can't believe I skipped the game last night, just to watch that crap episode. Luckily KCAL replays the games.
LALfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

What's with the black cloud already? And who is the guy with the eye patch? AND why the heck did they kill off one of my favorite characters? They need to tie up some more lose ends in this show already.

It will be good to know who is playing whom. I'm still wondering if Juliet
is on the level. I think she and Ben are just running game on Jack, plus I’m still not convinced that Ben is the one who has the tumor. Heck! I question if anyone on the Island even have a tumor. I doubt seriously it was just an accident that Jack saw those x-rays. I also don't think Ben was genuinely upset that Jack found out about “his tumor." I think this whole tumor fiascos is to test Jack. For what? Heck if I know! But it seems everyone on the Island/lab gets to a period where they have to make defining “choices.”

Is Jack buying any of this? I wouldn't be shocked if he is smarter than they think.

I get the impression Ben's group are just players and not running the game. I think they are also being studied by someone/something else.

I can’t believe I wrote such a long post about a TV show.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject:

Anyone besides me find Juliet smoking hot? Not so much to do with her looks but how she carries herself.

As far as the show, I'm willing to be patient with this one and go along for the ride. Other shows like 24 deliver non-stop action and I can appreciate that. It's nice to have something that's completely opposite in terms of pace and really making you think. That said, the frustration with this show definitely seems to be coming to a boiling point, not just in this thread but in lots of other things I've read. That'll probably push the writers to speed things up a bit and start to provide a bit more answers as this season goes on.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Anyone besides me find Juliet smoking hot? Not so much to do with her looks but how she carries herself.

Elizabeth Mitchell is definitely hot
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:

Juliet, to me is cold hearted...I'm with the rest of you guys who think she's the real bad guy...but she's not gonna get the upperhand in this one with Jack. He's been through too much crap to let it happen again.

Pirate man (guy with the patch) is one of the other "others" who are on the island with the plane crash survivors. these are the ones who whisper...

Jack, kate and sawyer are on a different island with the regular others (juliet, ben)..

so far..we've seen 5 hatches...
1. the one that blew up
2. the pearl
3. one where they found the lockers and the beards and disguises
4. the one that the tail section was camped in
5. the one with the eye patch guy. (other 'others')
6. this one must be the one that walt used to communicate with michael

finally, they need to include sawyer in every episode...he is by far the most intriguing character plus all his hilarious commentary just adds great flavor to the show...(i.e. "i screwed her" and calling people "cha-chi")
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
But, see.. the answers don't come in time.

What answers do we have? The others aren't the savages they tried to portray in the beginning... and the end of the world won't come if they quit pushing the button. Other than that, they've just created more mystery on top of more mystery. They supposedly answer a question... but just throw in a twist, which leaves that answer, unsatisfying.

I understand the "purpose" of the show. However, the way they draw it out... I'm telling you... this show will end (be canceled) before they ever give us "the answer".

Besides that... I'm tired of the producers/writers holier than thou attitude. So some of the actors had some run-ins with the law. Its not like they killed someone. How many perfect people are in this world? They've killed off 3 very good and central characters because of this attitude. I'd like to know how clean the producers/writers backgrounds are. Let's say one of them has an "incident"... are they willing to remove themselves from the picture, if that were to happen? What if one of the main writers, gets in a traffic dispute... is the show just going to end, because of it? If the higher ups were to judge by the previously set standards... it would be the "right thing to do".

I'll keep watching for now... but my patience is wearing thin. I can't believe I skipped the game last night, just to watch that crap episode. Luckily KCAL replays the games.

we also know why the plane crashed, what was in the hatch etc.

Lost is a giant puzzle and we get little pieces along the way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: