'Dog' the Bounty Hunter arrested by US Marshals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Answer me this...Do you think Dog's apprehension of the serial rapist saved any women/girls over the past 4 years of being raped in Mexico? This was a filthy monster of a human being. He is now serving 127 years in prison. 2nd question...Do you think Dog truly deserves to be arrested at gunpoint by 10 Marshals and face extradition to a corrupt gov't that may or may not lock him up for up to 4 years in a Mexican jail cell (along with his son, brother (no relation), and friends....just for stopping this serial rapist? We got Mexican citizens coming into our country (w/o permission) every day committing crimes and we can't even send them back, yet we're going to send back an American citizen to Mexico. WTF is up with that????

1st answer: Yes, almost assuredly.

2nd answer: From what I understand, he and the two others were taken into custody without incident, so I'm not sure where the "at gunpoint" part comes in. Also, you're loading the question by throwing in the "corrupt government" part. Does he deserve it? If he broke the law, he broke the law. Will anything come of it? Most likely not.

As for Mexicans coming into the U.S. and committing crimes, that's completely irrelevant. However, we can and do regularly send Mexican citizens back to Mexico when they are caught, so I'm not sure where the idea comes from that we cannot send them back.

lakersfreak wrote:
But it seems odd that a warrant goes out and the next morning the US Marshals are at his door.

BTW, the guy who killed Deputy David March has been in Mexican custody since Feb and still has not been sent back here.

I don't think it's that odd that the Marshals showed up right away. Why wait? It's not like he was in hiding or anything.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Mexico to send that guy back to the U.S. One of the stipulations of the extradition treaty between the U.S. and Mexico was that either country had the right to refuse extradition unless the other country waived the possibility that the person would face the death penalty. And in Mexico, the courts have an even broader interpretation of the treaty which they say allows Mexico to refuse extradition if there's a possibility that the person may face the death penalty.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

What sucks is that Dog didn't get any of the bounty money from capturing Luster. It went to the Ventura County DA for all the work they did trying to find Luster. In truth, they did nothing. I am not sure Ventura County's government is less corrupt than the Mexican government.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

^ wasn't that about a $1 million?
rracer99
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
As for Mexicans coming into the U.S. and committing crimes, that's completely irrelevant. However, we can and do regularly send Mexican citizens back to Mexico when they are caught, so I'm not sure where the idea comes from that we cannot send them back.

Yes, but the Mexican government facilitates their return. I think he was speaking to the lack of cooperation in border enforcement.

Quote:
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Mexico to send that guy back to the U.S. One of the stipulations of the extradition treaty between the U.S. and Mexico was that either country had the right to refuse extradition unless the other country waived the possibility that the person would face the death penalty. And in Mexico, the courts have an even broader interpretation of the treaty which they say allows Mexico to refuse extradition if there's a possibility that the person may face the death penalty

Yes, the US will probably never get this guy back. I respect that other countries may have different positions on the death penalty, but at the same time, these crimes are happening outside of Mexico, and Mexico is constantly being used as an escape route in these situations.

Because extradition rules are being worked to the fullest advantage of these disgusting criminals, it would be nice to for the Mexican government to get on the side of the victims and cooperate despite their internal no-death penalty stance.

Watching the Mexican governemnt hold to their "moral high ground", protecting the worst-of-the-worst criminals from US extradition, while watching the spectacle of internal cartels, corruption and drug wars wrecking havoc on the Mexican people, is hard to swallow.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Drug lords are chopping off heads and rolling them around in Mexico but they are worried about the guy in Hawaii who caught a wanted American fugitive / serial rapist.

I'm sure that line works well when you get pulled over for speeding.

The Dagger wrote:
He should get an efn medal, not possible prison time. And to extradite him to Mexico? You mean the same country that absolutely refuses to extradite our criminals back here? Something is rotten in Denmark. Do the police really feel that threatened by this bounty hunter? The judge that signed his arrest warrant should be de-barred.

He isn't going to end up in prison, but he also isn't above the law. Even Mexican law. Both the U.S. and Mexico have the right to refuse to extradite its own people based on the extradition treaty they signed and Chapman hasn't been extradited yet. He's facing a hearing that may or may not result in him being extradited. At any rate, he knew better. He is a bail bondsman. This dude is forever busting people for missing court dates, so there was no reason to miss his own.

foget that if i got put on trial in mexico for something as petty as that i sure wouldnt stick around if bailed out
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: