LAKERS -vs- GRIZZLIES - 7/8 - Thoughts and :-(( ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

As always, DB, thanks for the re-cap. You are the standard bearer.

I'll be interested in hearing your overall impressions (after the SPL) of where Pinnock stacks up against the rest of the guard corps (Kobe excluded). He sounds very intriguing -- an actual two-way player. Given that we already have Evans to back up Kobe (and possibly Profit), Im wondering if there's a spot on the team for him?

If he's as good as he seems tobe, with a nice all-around game, he should be a keeper.

SGH
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject:

DB - thanks for the analysis!
dww19
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Right on, on Pinnock. Based on the reports, even though he was connecting I would still be suspect of his jumper (he has a funky, shot-put form), but his "D" was nice. He even handled alright, though I'm curious why he did so much of it when either Farmar or Perkins was on the floor. To me he was the Lakers best player out there. Energetic, serious, and in addition to taking Von Wafer's second half minutes, he may have stolen his title as the Lakers 'layup line dink king'. Man, can he jump. Tony Bobbitt, make room for Von Wafer; Von Wafer, make way for J.R. Pinnock. BTW, is it pronounced PINNuck, or pinnAHK? The P.A. guy kept saying the latter.

As a George Washington fan, I am really happy to see Pinnock doing well with the Lakers so far (it is pronounced Pin-knock). I too am surprised to see that he is shooting the ball so well with his jumper, as that was the biggest thing holding him back from being a top NBA prospect. However, if he really has developed the jumper, and the outside shot, then you guys got a great steal in the 2nd round. GW was known as one of the fastest, most athletic teams in the country this past season, and Pinnock was one of the top two athletes on the team. His ability to go from 0-60 is unparelled, and something I'm sure you guys will grow to appreciate. He has always been an outstanding defender, and he should be able to step in immediately and play top notch defense in the NBA. His ability to create steals and turnovers will get him playing time. Additionally, he always plays his heart out, never saw him take one game off during his time at GW. I really wish him the best, and I hope he continues to play well. As I said before, he is a big time athlete, excellent NBA defender, and if he develops a good outside shot, a real steal for the Lakers. On a side note, enjoy watching the lay line dunks, cause he along with the rest of GW (Pops Mensah-Bonsu, etc), would always put on a real show during warmups. I would not be the least bit surprised to see Pinnock in the dunk contest in the next few years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: