SPL Game 1 Pictures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject:

thanks for the pics!!

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I was sick so couldn't go. Now I'm sick that I missed it. Great pictures Pop.
pedro_the_wango
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the pictures! They are great!

On that picture with the bench players, is that a cow sitting on the stand??
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject:

pedro_the_wango wrote:
Thanks for the pictures! They are great!

On that picture with the bench players, is that a cow sitting on the stand??

Yes that's a cow. He's good dancer. Didn't realize he was in the picture.

I may create a seperate folder for pics of the Cow and SPL Girls.

He wasn't there today though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SABINO63
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: SPL Game 1 Pictures

PopcornMachine wrote:

I got a new camera and took about 900 pictures.

Took me a while to pick these out.

This camera is much more suited to indoor sports, but I'm still learning how to use it.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v335/PopcornMachine/SPL2006/20060708/

Here is what I got Saturday, could not get a good exposure even after messing with my settings.
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/Sabino63/LakersSPLgame1/
Hey Pop mind me asking what your camera settings were I could not get the exposers you did and was pushing it 1600 ASA had to stay above 200 exposure.
chinadoll
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject:

great pics, PM and sabino63. thanks for sharing!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

chinadoll wrote:
great pics, PM and sabino63. thanks for sharing!

Why thank chinadoll.

Haven't seen you for a while.

How's it going?
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: SPL Game 1 Pictures

SABINO63 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:

This camera is much more suited to indoor sports, but I'm still learning how to use it.

Here is what I got Saturday, could not get a good exposure even after messing with my settings.
Hey Pop mind me asking what your camera settings were I could not get the exposers you did and was pushing it 1600 ASA had to stay above 200 exposure.

So far I've set the ISO at 1600 and keep the aperture at 2.8 in Aperture Priority Mode.

I get shutter speeds ranging from 300-1000.

What would help you is to adjust your white balance if your camera allows it. I have just recently learned how to do this and it makes a lot of difference.

My camera allows a custom white balance setting. I just shoot a white card in the available light and tell the camera to balance all the colors based on that image.

If not, there maybe builtin white balance settings you can try.
SABINO63
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: SPL Game 1 Pictures

PopcornMachine wrote:
SABINO63 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:

So far I've set the ISO at 1600 and keep the aperture at 2.8 in Aperture Priority Mode.

I get shutter speeds ranging from 300-1000.

What would help you is to adjust your white balance if your camera allows it. I have just recently learned how to do this and it makes a lot of difference.

My camera allows a custom white balance setting. I just shoot a white card in the available light and tell the camera to balance all the colors based on that image.

If not, there maybe builtin white balance settings you can try.

Thank,s Pop I just noticed I used wrong aperature, any idia what your white balance was set at, my camera gives all kinds of manual settings for white balance, I can also fix it using Photo software. I had the wrong lens for available light will shop for 2.8 lens this week.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I sample the available light. It's a custom white balance setting.

The camera has predefined white balance modes auto, daylight, shade, cloudy, tungsten, fluorescent, flash. Auto didn't work for me and custom does. I haven't tried any of the others.

If your camera doesn't have custom white balance, play around with the other settings and see which one works best for you. I would guess either tungsten or fluorescent would work best.

My camera also has white balance correction and white balance bracketing, but have not firgured those out yet. The goal is to record colors as true to what the human eye sees as possible. Of course, you can always photoshop them afterwards.

As for aperature, the lower the f# the more light allowed in. Makes brighter pictures and faster shutter speeds possible. f2.8 is the largest aperature for zoom lenses I think. There are wider ones at fixed lenghts.

SABINO63
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:

The camera has predefined white balance modes auto, daylight, shade, cloudy, tungsten, fluorescent, flash. Auto didn't work for me and custom does. I haven't tried any of the others.

If your camera doesn't have custom white balance, play around with the other settings and see which one works best for you. I would guess either tungsten or fluorescent would work best.

My camera also has white balance correction and white balance bracketing, but have not firgured those out yet. The goal is to record colors as true to what the human eye sees as possible. Of course, you can always photoshop them afterwards.

As for aperature, the lower the f# the more light allowed in. Makes brighter pictures and faster shutter speeds possible. f2.8 is the largest aperature for zoom lenses I think. There are wider ones at fixed lenghts.

Thanks Pop
A apreciate your help very Kool.
SABINO63
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:

Thanks Pop
A apreciate your help very Kool.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: