Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
encina1 wrote:
Exick wrote:
encina1 wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
I'll definitely be getting a wii, the question is when. I've been impatiently waiting for the New Zelda and if it's released on gamecube, I might wait a little while to get the wii. but the price is great. I barely play video games anymore. I'm only a little skeptical about having the controllers for separate hands. not sure how I'm going to coordinate.

Man, I haven't played Zelda since SNES. Are they still pretty good?

My allegiance remains with the Final Fantasy series, though, and I will follow PS as long as they have those.

I wish games weren't so proprietary. If I can use MS Office on a Mac, why can't I play Zelda on PS2?

The Zelda games are always good. The first one for the Nintendo 64 (Ocarina of Time) was particularly good. When someone asks me what the best video game of all time is, I answer Ocarina of Time without hesitation. That's how good it is.

Final Fantasy VII

I've never been a fan of turn-based RPGs, so none of the FF games even crack my top 10. I haven't played most of them anyway. The only one I ever enjoyed was Chrono Trigger. And that was a helluva game.

Have played both FF VII and Ocarina of Time. While I do like turn based RPG's (and FF VII is top of its class in this regard), Ocarina of Time is without a doubt my favorite game ever.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:

ocarina of time is great!!

there's a music practice room the same floor as my office (I work in the student union) and there's this one guy that plays the piano every so often and I swear he plays a song from Zelda

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

Ocarina of Time is for Nintendo 360? I don't have that system, and I am not sure if I want to bother getting it for just one game, but if all you people are saying it is such a great game, then I really need to look into it.

I like games that are not linear, and I can do whatever I want, and based on my decisions, the game will change, or different scenarios will change, etc. That's what I think the Final Fantasy games do. Chrono Trigger did that too. Zelda seemed a little too linear for me, but that is because I haven't played it since SNES.

Also, I like the story lines for FF. FFX, FF8, especially FF7, had great stories. Without a good story, good transitions, a game is nothing to me. Does Zelda have it, or is it more of the same "The princess has been captured, please go save her!"?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject:

The Zelda story, especially for Ocarina, is great. I'm not saying you'll love it, but I definitely enjoyed it. I actually think the story for Majora's Mask (also a Zelda game for the Nintendo 64) is awesome, while the game itself isn't as good as Ocarina. Zelda games are typically somewhat linear, at least initially. In Ocarina, you have the freedom to go lots of places right off the bat, but you won't be able to do some of the side stuff until you find items in the game later on. And many of the areas are dangerous when you first start out and aren't that strong.

You can pick up a Nintendo 64 and Ocarina of Time for cheap.
Or you can get a Gamecube and pick up the Zelda Collector's Edition disc.
Or you can get the Zelda Collector's Edition disc and get a Wii when it comes out and play it on that since it will play Gamecube games.
Or you can get a Wii and then download and play it on the Virtual Console.
Or you can just download an N64 emulator and play it that way on your PC.

You have some options for playing it.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
I'll definitely be getting a wii, the question is when. I've been impatiently waiting for the New Zelda and if it's released on gamecube, I might wait a little while to get the wii. but the price is great. I barely play video games anymore. I'm only a little skeptical about having the controllers for separate hands. not sure how I'm going to coordinate.

My allegiance remains with the Final Fantasy series, though, and I will follow PS as long as they have those.

I wish games weren't so proprietary. If I can use MS Office on a Mac, why can't I play Zelda on PS2?

Then you are in luck:

Quote:
Square Enix wants a three-way race
Publisher explains support for all next-gen consoles, saying it doesn't want Sony to be overwhelming winner or loser; no platform determined yet for next Kingdom Hearts.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Sep 26, 2006 7:06 pm GMT

Before the PlayStation 2 launched in 2001, Square Enix shares on the Tokyo Stock Exchange were trading for about 2,000 yen (about $17.07). The stock has had its ups and downs over the last five years, but these days it's trading for about 3,000 yen (about $25.61). Clearly a generation of Sony domination on the console gaming front--one in which Square Enix devoted its biggest games to the PS2--hasn't treated the publisher too harshly. But according to a company official, Square Enix wants the console wars to shake out a little differently this time around.

In a Wall Street Journal article about Sony's new system, Square Enix senior vice president Michihiro Sasaki told the paper, "We don't want the PlayStation 3 to be the overwhelming loser, so we want to support them. But we don't want them to be the overwhelming winner either, so we can't support them too much."

The article also says that Square Enix is planning to support Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo's consoles more evenly than it did in the last generation, having already committed two games to each system so far (Final Fantasy XI and Project Sylpheed for the Xbox 360, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers and Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors for the Wii, and Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII for the PS3).

Article Here
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
encina1 wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:

Then you are in luck:

Quote:
Square Enix wants a three-way race
Publisher explains support for all next-gen consoles, saying it doesn't want Sony to be overwhelming winner or loser; no platform determined yet for next Kingdom Hearts.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Sep 26, 2006 7:06 pm GMT

Before the PlayStation 2 launched in 2001, Square Enix shares on the Tokyo Stock Exchange were trading for about 2,000 yen (about $17.07). The stock has had its ups and downs over the last five years, but these days it's trading for about 3,000 yen (about $25.61). Clearly a generation of Sony domination on the console gaming front--one in which Square Enix devoted its biggest games to the PS2--hasn't treated the publisher too harshly. But according to a company official, Square Enix wants the console wars to shake out a little differently this time around.

In a Wall Street Journal article about Sony's new system, Square Enix senior vice president Michihiro Sasaki told the paper, "We don't want the PlayStation 3 to be the overwhelming loser, so we want to support them. But we don't want them to be the overwhelming winner either, so we can't support them too much."

The article also says that Square Enix is planning to support Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo's consoles more evenly than it did in the last generation, having already committed two games to each system so far (Final Fantasy XI and Project Sylpheed for the Xbox 360, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers and Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors for the Wii, and Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII for the PS3).

Article Here

I guess that's that, I need to get PS3. Since Zelda is made by Nintendo, I doubt it will ever see life in a Sony product.

Unless the FF series are also made for Nintendo, then I can play both.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
I guess that's that, I need to get PS3. Since Zelda is made by Nintendo, I doubt it will ever see life in a Sony product.

Unless the FF series are also made for Nintendo, then I can play both.

Back in the old days, Final Fantasy was always on Nintendo's systems. FF VII was the first non-Nintendo one. There's still hope.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

^^ Well, according to the article, Square Enix is coming out with at least one variation of their FF series for all 3 systems. That's pretty good. In fact, they might eventually come out with a multiplatform FF game. So it seems that no matter which system you pick, there should be at least one FF game on it.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
The Zelda story, especially for Ocarina, is great. I'm not saying you'll love it, but I definitely enjoyed it. I actually think the story for Majora's Mask (also a Zelda game for the Nintendo 64) is awesome, while the game itself isn't as good as Ocarina. Zelda games are typically somewhat linear, at least initially. In Ocarina, you have the freedom to go lots of places right off the bat, but you won't be able to do some of the side stuff until you find items in the game later on. And many of the areas are dangerous when you first start out and aren't that strong.

You can pick up a Nintendo 64 and Ocarina of Time for cheap.
Or you can get a Gamecube and pick up the Zelda Collector's Edition disc.
Or you can get the Zelda Collector's Edition disc and get a Wii when it comes out and play it on that since it will play Gamecube games.
Or you can get a Wii and then download and play it on the Virtual Console.
Or you can just download an N64 emulator and play it that way on your PC.

You have some options for playing it.

windwaker was pretty decent.

hmm...think I might pull out my zelda games. it's been a while.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

granted Sony's stock did drop this week... BUt you can't knock what it can do. remember what i said about the processing power of the ps3 a few pages earlier. it wasn't some overexaggeration about the hardware.

Quote:
Speaking of taking advantage of the PS3's power, the team has been using the computational power of the system to enhance a large number of the standard features that the game is known for. For instance, the cloth physics of jerseys and shorts has been assigned to one SPU on the PS3 instead of multiple cores on the 360 so that it can move more realistically than ever without taking away processing power for the rest of the game. But you'll find that there's just as much realism off the court in the PS3 version than on the court. Instead of running cutscenes during timeout situations, the development team has created real time AI that governs the cheerleaders, mascots, floor cleaners and even the crowd. For example, during a game between Dallas and Miami at the American Airlines Arena, we noticed Burnie, the Heat mascot doing much more than simply dancing on the sideline; he would run under Dallas' basket and actively try to distract shooters at the free throw line, and he had new dance sequences during timeouts.

Of course, we wanted to take a look at some of the exclusive PS3 features, and while we couldn't get every detail out during this session, we did get a demonstration of how Visual Concepts is planning to use the tilt controller in conjunction with the game. Specifically, players will be able to shoot free throws by tilting the controller back and then leaning it forward. While you can do it with minor movements, you can also hold and tilt the controller as if you were actually shooting with a basketball. Thanks to this new system, you will need to know the particular shooting stroke of the players on your team to be successful

uhhhhhh

2k7 for PS3 Link

Here's the link to the Freethrow shooting on ps3 and more gameplay videos.

2k7 Freethrows on PS3
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: