OT - Pisstons vs. Cavs

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: OT - Pisstons vs. Cavs

Isn't it amazing how great a player can be when he is allowed to use his off arm CONSTANTLY to fend off defenders and it never gets called?

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater. After all, seeing his 'witness' commercial a gazillion times during the playoffs has brainwashed me into thinking that he is the greatest think since sliced bread. :roll:

But seriously, why don't they call this against him?

Oh, btw, go pistons
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

And if they do call it, whether charge or not, it's 2 freethrows for the King. Just go and watch Game 5 vs. Wizards again.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Theres a "General NBA Discussion" on this board where it wouldnt be OT.
BygDaddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

The problem Detroit is having is they're playing right into the type of game Cleveland wants by playing halfcourt offense every time down letting them set up their defense. We all know how porous their defense is in the transition so Detroit should break more.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject:

The Pistons are too overconfident in their halfcourt offense. Under Larry Brown their offense consisted mostly of fastbreaks off of deflections, blocked shots, rebounds, and other defensive plays.

In the halfcourt offense this series they have been turnover prone.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

pistons cant even score inside. I dont know if its the Cavs defense or Pistons lack of offensive game.
showtime1308
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:

We are all witnesses all right. We are all witnesses to the officiating bias going on. This dude is more like Shaq then he is MJ, He bulls over people and every call goes his way. It's nuts. Kobe would get 2 and 3 offensive fouls a game in the Suns series and he isn't nearly as physical, and his go to move isn't to put his head down and run fools over. He is an amazing talent but he still hasn't learned how to play basketball. His passing is way overrated and his perimeter game is weak right now. Without the ability to draw fouls by running people over what would he be? What Arenas said is definitely true if it is a close game in the 4th quarter the only way you will win against this guy is to play out of your minds. Only the problem is it's not because he is that good it is because the refs will give he and his team every opportunity to win the game.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

showtime1308 wrote:
We are all witnesses all right. We are all witnesses to the officiating bias going on. This dude is more like Shaq then he is MJ, He bulls over people and every call goes his way. It's nuts. Kobe would get 2 and 3 offensive fouls a game in the Suns series and he isn't nearly as physical, and his go to move isn't to put his head down and run fools over. He is an amazing talent but he still hasn't learned how to play basketball. His passing is way overrated and his perimeter game is weak right now. Without the ability to draw fouls by running people over what would he be? What Arenas said is definitely true if it is a close game in the 4th quarter the only way you will win against this guy is to play out of your minds. Only the problem is it's not because he is that good it is because the refs will give he and his team every opportunity to win the game.

It's appalling that James is allowed to blatantly travel and barrel poeple over. This guy hasn't done a freaking thing in this league to get that kind of officiating. I honestly never believed in conspiracy theories in the NBA, until the Detroit Laker final and now James and the way he is officiated. Almost like the WWE. Props to the Pistons for rising above it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: