OT: I need your help!!! Help a fellow Laker fan out!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joseph Ferano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: OT: I need your help!!! Help a fellow Laker fan out!!!!

Sorry to bother everyone before hand!!!!

I just finished working on a web site for a client and I would like 2 things please;

1. I would appreciate any feed back both negative and positive about the web site!!

2. Moderators: please leave this in the Lounge for a little bit so I can get a few posts before you move it Off-Topic. Thanks!!!

I appreacite any help, Ive just finished up after workig for a lot of hours these last 2 weeks!!!

forgot to post the link >.<

Dulcefina
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

I can't properly review the site without a sample of the goods.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

I liked the layout and use of logo. I found the use of varying sized "port holes" to view the confections a bit too hyperactive. Perhaps try slowing it down to phases on the next iteration.

But then again, unlike the cakes, I lack taste.
ck2sb
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:

First page is fine. Love the loading transition between the first page and the main.html.
Main.html is a little dull. maybe have a little info display on the right side for us once we mouse-over the "history", "The Cakes", and "Contact".
After I clicked on "The Cakes", took me a little more time than I like to find the "back" button to go back the the main.html. Maybe you can make it a little more obvious.
Love the way how the info is displayed when you click on the "history"...
Nice design overall.
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Looks good to me.

Positives - It looks professional, it is simple and easy to navigate, the colors are easy on the eyes, and I like the way the cake box opens to show the cake.

Negatives - The main page is kind of plain - there are no pics on that page that tell me the site is about cake. I would have faded some pictures of the cakes in the grey background.

Great work!
Big_Cat
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Suggestions:

~The paragraphs of text have large awkward gaps because of the justification which makes the reader work harder to read. You should always try to make your text (especially on the web) as easy to read as possible.
~I like the variation of shapes/styles for each dessert
~The yellow text on the logo is hard to read on the gray background on my screen
~The back button could be a little easier to access/find.
~like the idea and animations.

Good job overall just minor tweaking
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

The long passages of text are a bit hard to read when the letters are spaced out so much. Also the use of flash makes everything a bit slow to navigate. Otherwise well done.
FOXeatsFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:

Don't know if everyone else experienced this, but I got REALLY nauseous when looking at the image of the sliding cake (with the square moving out at the same time)
Joseph Ferano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject:

Wow, some of these suggestions are really good, this is what I think ill work on

1. Slightly easier to find back button, cant have it stand out too much though so i can keep the clean cut look

2. Ill see what i can do about sprucing up the main page, i think you guys are right, it could use a little more graphics without looking intensive, thus keeping my clean cut look

3. I try and make the dulcefina logo a little bit bigger or legible

Even though I might not work on every suggestion, every single suggestion was good and has its merit. Keep em coming.
Joseph Ferano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject:

I do want to let y'all know that this is version 1.0

Version 2.0 should be coming your way by the next month or so. 2.0 is going to have 3d motion graphics so itll have a larger file size, but the design is going to be at a world class level. This site was actually done in 2 days because i wasnt going to have the original concept done. Its really comferting to hear such good input given that this was my second option done in a rush. Im pretty sure that 2.0 will blow you away. Thanks for everything. Keep em coming!
kobegonnaget10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject:

ok so like, how do i buy one of those cakes?
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject:

Very nice site, gentrinity. I've done professional web design for a number of years and I like your approach - simplicity. I wasn't too worried about the back button. One thing I've found - no matter how easy you make the site to navigate, a significant amount of people will still manage to get lost.

A couple o' things I'd recommend looking at:

1. Legibility - You've almost found a good blend between easy reading and not too much harsh contrast. The shadows in some of the white text was a good call. Even a bit more writing. Descriptions. History. Make any long body of text scroll-able (if that'sa word).

2. Even if your customer does not include an address, try and still indicate to their location. i.e. "Los Angeles, CA" People are gonna want to know where that 713 number their calling is at.

3. On the main.html, make "The Cakes" clickable at ANY time. Don't disable the link function when in History or Conact. MANY people will not realize to close History or Contact to get the cakes.

4. The actual clickable space for the back button is a bit small. You could easily just make the whole Dulcefina/Back button all clickable and go back to the main.html.

Great work so far, though. I'm sure they'll be pleased with the finished product.
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject:

FOXeatsFISH wrote:
Don't know if everyone else experienced this, but I got REALLY nauseous when looking at the image of the sliding cake (with the square moving out at the same time)

not me. I just got hungry.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject:

I like it, but I am very biased, I love flash tis me callin'. So good job with flash although it would be nicer if in the flash page you wouldn't have to press the cakes or the Hitstory buttons again and it wouldn't hurt to create some rollover effect on the buttons, individually. Otherwise it be a fine job indeed matey.

ARRRGH!!!!
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:

When I click on the cake it takes me to http://www.dulcefina.com/main.html , which only has a a little pillow with a protractor on top of it, on the top right of the screen.

Is that all that is supposed to come up.

The main page looked nice.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
Joseph Ferano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:

SenorJefe wrote:
Very nice site, gentrinity. I've done professional web design for a number of years and I like your approach - simplicity. I wasn't too worried about the back button. One thing I've found - no matter how easy you make the site to navigate, a significant amount of people will still manage to get lost.

A couple o' things I'd recommend looking at:

1. Legibility - You've almost found a good blend between easy reading and not too much harsh contrast. The shadows in some of the white text was a good call. Even a bit more writing. Descriptions. History. Make any long body of text scroll-able (if that'sa word).

2. Even if your customer does not include an address, try and still indicate to their location. i.e. "Los Angeles, CA" People are gonna want to know where that 713 number their calling is at.

3. On the main.html, make "The Cakes" clickable at ANY time. Don't disable the link function when in History or Conact. MANY people will not realize to close History or Contact to get the cakes.

4. The actual clickable space for the back button is a bit small. You could easily just make the whole Dulcefina/Back button all clickable and go back to the main.html.

Great work so far, though. I'm sure they'll be pleased with the finished product.

Thanks man, great suggestions. The info i have is the extent of the info the client gave me, and im not going to go there, but youre other suggestions are awesome, ill get to work on them
Joseph Ferano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:

Finished

Hey, if you have any stuff you can show me, id love to see it. Im a fan of web sites!
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject:

The text justification looks icky. I'd set it to ragged right.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

gentrinity15 wrote:
Finished

Hey, if you have any stuff you can show me, id love to see it. Im a fan of web sites!

I'll show you my personal site after I am done with it, I have front page, but the buttons on my flash site dont navigate like I want them to so now gotta actionscript the hell out of it. Now working on a store site and e-commerce site.

I have become an Al Bundy of website design - making a site for a shoe store, of course once I am finished I will get 5% of the site's revenue. Work consists of Photograph the shoes, photoshopping them, uploading them, and designing the front page in flash.

Sorry had to vent, don't get paid nearly enough for the work I do.
Joseph Ferano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

mbloves L.A. wrote:

I'll show you my personal site after I am done with it, I have front page, but the buttons on my flash site dont navigate like I want them to so now gotta actionscript the hell out of it. Now working on a store site and e-commerce site.

I have become an Al Bundy of website design - making a site for a shoe store, of course once I am finished I will get 5% of the site's revenue. Work consists of Photograph the shoes, photoshopping them, uploading them, and designing the front page in flash.

Sorry had to vent, don't get paid nearly enough for the work I do.

Cool, so you know about e-commerce! Can I get your e-mail, if you have messenger or something like it, even better. Id like to talk to you if its allright. Just PM me your info1
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: