OT: "Don't Listen to Charles Barley...ever" - Lebon post game interview

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaqFan_InChico
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: OT: "Don't Listen to Charles Barley...ever" - Lebon post game interview

What's up everyone? I don't post too often but read this board daily and try to contribute when I can.

Did anyone catch the Cleveland postgame interview with Lebron, when he said loud and clearly... "Whatever you do, don't listen to Charles Barkley... ever." Or something to that effect. I didn't see the whole thing, so can someone put his quote into context? Did Charles respond? Poor Charles, last week Kobe calls him out, and this week it's Lebron turn.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject:

^^ I think it had to do with a play right before halftime where Lebron stepped out of bounds and still drained the 3 pointer. The ref was looking directly at the play and did not call it out of bounds. Also, the NBA allows shots to be reviewed at the end of each quarter. The refs did not look at the play and the 3 pointer counted.

So basically, Barkley slowed down the video and pointed out that Lebron stepped out of the bounds and the refs blatantly let it go.
Divac12_NoviBeograd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject:

I too thought he was out of bounds from looking at the camera angle from half-court, but when they showed the opposite angle from the baseline his foot was clearly in.
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
^^ I think it had to do with a play right before halftime where Lebron stepped out of bounds and still drained the 3 pointer. The ref was looking directly at the play and did not call it out of bounds. Also, the NBA allows shots to be reviewed at the end of each quarter. The refs did not look at the play and the 3 pointer counted.

So basically, Barkley slowed down the video and pointed out that Lebron stepped out of the bounds and the refs blatantly let it go.

Naw that wasn't why bron said that. Charles (and everyone else) kept saying that Detroit was going to beat the Cavs with ease so Bron was just saying they don't listen to the media, never listen to charles barkey..never..EVER.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: