Anyone going to E3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Anyone going to E3

I was wondering if any of you guys are lucky enough to get tickets to the E3 gaming convention next week at the LA Convention Center.

Should be such an awesome show this year, what with PS3 and "Wii" being unveiled. I really wish I could go but you need some kind of special corporate connections to get in.
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

I haven't been in about 5 years but all you need is to register a mock or fake company like my dad use to do so we could get in. Take your cameras, if they allow because there is always some Lakers or Clippers playing the test products because it's right across from Staples!! My family and I got within 10 feet of Regis and Leno when they were filming a Millionaire (Millionaire video game) spoof for The Tonight Show!!
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Tips on registering a fake company?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
Tips on registering a fake company?

Either way you would have to wait a year to try that im pretty sure registration has ended like last week. I wont be going ill just watch some of the G4 coverage.
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

yeah probably all deadlines are over but next year you have plenty of time.
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I might go on Friday.
Kei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject:

I'll be there.

About registering fake companies, etc. to get into E3. I hear they are cracking down on that this year.
gildedgirth
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I use to go all the time, either because of work, or friends gave me passes.

The cool thing is that you'll sometimes see Lakers inside there at E3. In 2000, I saw Robert Horry, Devean George, and another Laker (I forget) walking around near the Sony booth. Horry was so easy to spot because he was so tall and all the Lakers were wearing thier Laker warm-ups. Obviously they just came from practice or something, since Staples is just next door.

First time I saw a 6-10/11 guy up so close and man, I can't imagine what Shaq or Yao would be like up in person.

If you're willing to wait outside, you can possibly get a pass off a person leaving E3.

I have people come up to me asking to buy my pass, so its worth a shot since most people don't plan to come again and the pass is useless to them. Just watchout though as sometimes the security might ask for ID at the hall entrances, so just avoid them if you can.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

On the Xbox 360 marketplace they added alot of E3 trailers and some demos.

Downloading the NBA 2k7 trailer right now.
D's Advocate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject:

I went all three days.

Making a dummy corp doesn't work anymore. You need tax forms and stuff like that now to get in. You may be able to slip on by, but if you get flagged they'll check everything. The easiest legit way to get in is to submit a couple of reviews to site that accept outside reviews. If you want to make your own site, it needs to have paperwork. Tax forms, or paperwork showing that you're a company. The easiest way to fake it... well I probably shouldn't get into that. they make it harder every year to get in. This year they rejected a large number of legit game store employees.

You never know what'll get you in. This year a guy got in because he showed up dressed as mario. Someone from a company saw him and signed him up under their company.

Anyways, if you guys have any questions about what was shown at e3, I'll try to answer them. I didn't check everything though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:

Well, one of the ways you can get in is if you work for a store that sells video games. For example, Circuit City, Best Buys, Frys, etc. You can be a sales person there or a cashier and all you have to do is sign up and state that you're from that store. They'll give you a pass and everything since those are real companies. I had a chance to go to E3 2 years ago, but I was hired just right when E3 registrations ended.
D's Advocate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

That actually doesn't work anymore. This year only 800 passes were handed out to gamestop. Managers were told to tell the employees they wern't getting in, but apparently most of them didn't, so many of them thought they were going and made plans. You have a to be a manager or have a manager get you in now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: