Rest In Peace Proof of D-12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Rest In Peace Proof of D-12

I am extremely sad to report that D12 member and solo artist Proof was shot and killed at around 4AM last night; he was at the after hours club Triple C located on 8 Mile Road and Gratiot in his native Detroit.

I was blessed with the opportunity to interview Proof a couple months ago and spoke with him for hours; an interview that went well beyond the call of normal press duties. But that was Proof, whether he was rapping as part of D12, or as a solo artist, or whether he was doing what he could to represent for and raise Detroit and Hip-Hop, or speaking to a journalist and fan; he gave it his all and he did it with pride.

As I sit here now and flick through the notes of that night and listen to the tapes, I am once again amazed at the respect that he showed towards his culture, our culture, Hip-Hop. It is only fair that we all show him the same respect in return, for he truly was one of the communities greats.

On his album he may have been "Searching for Jerry Garcia," but this generation of Hip-Hop fans and those to follow will without a doubt always be Searching for Big Proof.

As fans we are blessed to have a catalog of music left behind so that we can continue to experience and enjoy Proof's talent and the messages he has left behind. I leave you now with a quote from when Proof and I spoke; my prayers go out to Proof's family and friends, may God rest his soul.

"When you reach inside your own soul and you pull out artistry, artistry is from the lips of God. If there is a God, artistry speaks it. Thats why music brings people together." - Proof, RIP.

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article162339.html
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

If this guy is from the same D12 Eminem works with than it is a tough time for Eminem with the divorce and all.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

RIP

here is his myspace link:

http://www.myspace.com/39350483
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

that sucks time 10000.first bugz no proof .loved proof,he was tight,cant even believe this

http://www.ironfistrecords.com/blueproof1.JPG
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:

another fallen soldier. R.I.P.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: