Semi OT: The Duke rape case is already being compared to the Kobe Case
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Semi OT: The Duke rape case is already being compared to the Kobe Case

And Mark Hurlbert has resurfaced... :roll:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060411/ap_on_sp_co_ne/duke_lacrosse_2
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject:

and Mark Hurlbert giving unsolicited advice is a joke.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:

wow. The way this turns out will be very very vital to rasicsm and crime in sports as a whole. Now we have a case where where its rape but the races are switch. lets watch......
golden armor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

"Hurlbert is just as critical of Nifong, saying he should have waited for more evidence before declaring his confidence that a rape had occurred."

Pot to Kettle: "Black."

What a joke this Hurlbert is, and I noticed that they dug up Wendy Murphy from the hole she's been in. Just brings back bad memories of the railroading that Kobe had to endure.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

Makes my stomach hurt.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject:

how in the world can this two even compare. kobe was messing around with an everyday chick, that supposedly was also flirting with him. maybe some could say, it could been rape or whatever. because this girl is just a normal everyday girl that was flirting nothing more.

in Dukes defense. we are talking about Dancers aka Strippers aka I'll prolly do a lil extra for a lil extra. That doesn't mean that the duke guys didn't commit rape, but its a totally different thing here. TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Its almost like raping a hooker. I'm still not sure I would call that rape. Why? its just like calling, a drug dealer having his drugs stolen at gunpoint, an armed robbery. If a drug dealer told you that would you go out and try to find the guy who stole his drugs, or would you put him in jail for telling you he had drugs in his possession?
mm708
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:

These boys are white, and Kobe is black. Racism is still evident in everyday life. If it were black kids they would have been charged already and plus the girl that was supposedly raped is black. The girl Kobe messed around with was white. This is racism.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
how in the world can this two even compare. kobe was messing around with an everyday chick, that supposedly was also flirting with him. maybe some could say, it could been rape or whatever. because this girl is just a normal everyday girl that was flirting nothing more.

in Dukes defense. we are talking about Dancers aka Strippers aka I'll prolly do a lil extra for a lil extra. That doesn't mean that the duke guys didn't commit rape, but its a totally different thing here. TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Its almost like raping a hooker. I'm still not sure I would call that rape. Why? its just like calling, a drug dealer having his drugs stolen at gunpoint, an armed robbery. If a drug dealer told you that would you go out and try to find the guy who stole his drugs, or would you put him in jail for telling you he had drugs in his possession?

Woah, rape is rape. If a girl says "no" it means NO. It doesn't matter what her profession is.

To make laws applicable to some people but not other people is discrimination and wholly illegal. In this case, rape is still rape.

Let's just get some more actual facts before we totally side with one group or the other.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:

what is wrong with some of the men on this site? did you learn ANYTHING from your mother? Rape is rape is rape. Your profession doesn't dictate whether or not a crime is committed against you.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
golden armor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:

Wow -
The Kobe case had more holes in it than Swiss cheese, and we should reserve judgment on the Duke case until we have more facts.

But, your opinions, if anything, feed into the mindset of the Wendy Murphys of the world.

I'm glad that there were actual rational, reasonable, fact-driven Kobe supporters during his ordeal as opposed to your backwards opinions.
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

Anyone who actually followed Kobe's case knows that the actual reason for not going forward with the trial is that Hurlburt staged a mock trial session with Kate and she failed miserably.
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

As for the current Duke case, it's possible we do now have some facts. "I heard it on the radio" is not to be taken as a credible source, but the news report my radio played to wake me up this morning stated that the rape exam performed on the girl indicated that no DNA from any of the accused were found on her.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

Statcat wrote:
Anyone who actually followed Kobe's case knows that the actual reason for not going forward with the trial is that Hurlburt staged a mock trial session with Kate and she failed miserably.

Not to mention she was knocked up by her drug addict husband in rehab so it wouldn't help her case to say she was scarred by the rape if was showing up in the courtroom pregnant.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

ShadyG wrote:
As for the current Duke case, it's possible we do now have some facts. "I heard it on the radio" is not to be taken as a credible source, but the news report my radio played to wake me up this morning stated that the rape exam performed on the girl indicated that no DNA from any of the accused were found on her.

All the news outlets say that none of the DNA on her, inside her etc matched these guys... now it doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't raped a lot of rape cases were proven even without DNA but its a huge blow to the case.

I just find it "interesting" that these guys are being portrayed as victims here after this came out... now with all the crap that came out about Kobe etc you didn't hear a peep.
lakersboxershorts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

I think he meant to say "sex with a hooker" because RAPE is RAPE.

I believe the kids had sex with the Hooker, and maybe some words were exchanged afterwards that pissed her off enough to cry RAPE.

But the DNA evidence coming back inconclusive is a blow to her testimony.
_LAKESHOW_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

bottom line BIG DIFFERENCE . . . she got paid.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

lakersboxershorts wrote:
I think he meant to say "sex with a hooker" because RAPE is RAPE.

I believe the kids had sex with the Hooker, and maybe some words were exchanged afterwards that pissed her off enough to cry RAPE.

But the DNA evidence coming back inconclusive is a blow to her testimony.

They were strippers not hookers
LALfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

_LAKESHOW_ wrote:
bottom line BIG DIFFERENCE . . . she got paid.

I missed your point.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:

golden armor wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

Wow -
The Kobe case had more holes in it than Swiss cheese, and we should reserve judgment on the Duke case until we have more facts.

But, your opinions, if anything, feed into the mindset of the Wendy Murphys of the world.

I'm glad that there were actual rational, reasonable, fact-driven Kobe supporters during his ordeal as opposed to your backwards opinions.

you're missing the point. I know there were holes like a golf course in the kobe case. I'm saying on the bare surface, the case is totally different. You dont have to bring out a strippers Past or history of being a nutcase or extremely sexually active. ALl you have to do is say, "come on, we're talking about a stripper here". and 75% of her credibility is shot. not that it didn't happen. but real is real. who would you believe on the bare surface. a stripper or a girl next door working at a hotel? girl next door of course. thats once again on the bare surface. thats all i was implying. nothing more.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

Woah, rape is rape. If a girl says "no" it means NO. It doesn't matter what her profession is.

To make laws applicable to some people but not other people is discrimination and wholly illegal. In this case, rape is still rape.

Let's just get some more actual facts before we totally side with one group or the other.
How about these ACTUAL FACTS...
Quote:
DURHAM, N.C. -- A day after tests found no DNA evidence linking any of 46 white Duke University lacrosse players to the alleged gang rape of a black woman at a team party last month, the county's chief prosecutor said today he will continue his investigation.
No wonder Hurlbert and Murphy are chiming in... They must be decended from kangaroos!
LALfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
golden armor wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

Wow -

you're missing the point. I know there were holes like a golf course in the kobe case. I'm saying on the bare surface, the case is totally different. You dont have to bring out a strippers Past or history of being a nutcase or extremely sexually active. ALl you have to do is say, "come on, we're talking about a stripper here". and 75% of her credibility is shot. not that it didn't happen. but real is real. who would you believe on the bare surface. a stripper or a girl next door working at a hotel? girl next door of course. thats once again on the bare surface. thats all i was implying. nothing more.

Quick question. Why is a man who buys another human being for his pleasure any more credible than a woman who reduces herself to an object for some money? Seems like two peas in a pod to me. Either side could be capable of being a big fat liar period.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

kemi4kobes wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

what is wrong with some of the men on this site? did you learn ANYTHING from your mother? Rape is rape is rape. Your profession doesn't dictate whether or not a crime is committed against you.

Yes, I know rape is rape. but like i said, in my personal opinion which no mom's teachings aside. If you choose to live in the STREET LIFE. whats the saying, Live by the Gun, die by The Gun. Same goes for hookers. I dont wish any ill will on anyone. I wish all hookers wouldn't hook if you ask me. they're beautiful women who believe they have no other options for the most part.

But, Dont come crying when the alley gets to dark and something bad happens. Guess what, you play in that alley everynight. and you knew what was possible. its like playing russian roulette. dont be mad when the gun goes bang. What do you really expect? Some nice guys just sitting there watching? maybe. but you have to know there are going to be times when guys go WAAAY over board. You're dangling raw steak in front of a Lions Den. what do you expect? Respect? Is it right to disrespect anyone? No its never correct. But what do you expect when you choose these lines of profession. thats all I'm saying.

and as for the hooker analogy i made earlier. look. you're doing something illegal and you have the nerve to go to the police and say someone has done something illegal to you. Thats as bad as these thieves who've broken into peoples houses and tried to sue the home owner for getting shot. what in the world did you think might happen?

do you know that some of these women wouldn't hook or strip if they knew the law didn't have their backs at all. that could be a deterrent from the profession. for some a least.

whats the first thing a father woud tell his daughter if he found out she was stripping or hooking? "You can get killed in those streets, you can be raped, badly hurt, etc, etc. "

what would her reply be, " No dad, dont worry, I go do parties and the guest are usually nice."

Come on folks lets be real here.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

LALfan4life wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
golden armor wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

Wow -

Quick question. Why is a man who buys another human being for his pleasure any more credible than a woman who reduces herself to an object for some money? Seems like two peas in a pod to me. Either side could be capable of being a big fat liar period.

I agree with you 100%. so then what do you have.? a bad she said vs he said. I dont believe She or HE. case closed. because it is supposed to be beyond a reasonable doubt. you can't have that if you dont believe either party.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
But, Dont come crying when the alley gets to dark and something bad happens. Guess what, you play in that alley everynight. and you knew what was possible. its like playing russian roulette. dont be mad when the gun goes bang. What do you really expect? Some nice guys just sitting there watching? maybe. but you have to know there are going to be times when guys go WAAAY over board. You're dangling raw steak in front of a Lions Den. what do you expect? Respect? Is it right to disrespect anyone? No its never correct. But what do you expect when you choose these lines of profession. thats all I'm saying.

So let's just look the other way? Ah, that is a nice way to live life. Any slut who wears short skirts has it coming to her, eh? What a sweet life.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

So let's just look the other way? Ah, that is a nice way to live life. Any slut who wears short skirts has it coming to her, eh? What a sweet life.

That is not what he is saying what he is saying is if you choose to partake in a certain profession or put yourself in a position for something like this to happen then yes it is partly your fault.

In that nobody is going to protect you you have to take care of yourself. But in no way is he saying she deserved it just that its not a shock it would go down like that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: