Immortal Technique Signs With G-Unit Records

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Immortal Technique Signs With G-Unit Records

Immortal Technique Speaks on G-Unit
Tuesday - April 4, 2006
A-Plus
Immortal Technique has never been one to bite his tongue (probably because it hurts like Lil Scrappy says). The independent, politically conscious emcee opened up to XXL about everything from politics to signing with 50 and G Unit in the first of a two part interview. Check out some high lights.

On signing with G Unit:

As a Latino with an overwhelmingly strong fan base of Latino people and someone who has plenty of White fans as well as Muslims and Blacks, I have a diversity wherever I move. I tour the world. But in terms of a deal, I would need something similar to what Roc-A-Fella got from Def Jam; they give 25% and have a large distribution outlet with support from a major. But I need to hold on to those masters since I mix it down and have it mastered myself out my own pocket. I have no A&R. I do it all myself. It’s no one’s vision but mine. I always put up the dough for production and pressing my own records. I don’t think that fits with just about anyone’s formula. People aren’t getting signed nowadays by someone who doesn’t wanna own them 100%, and labels don’t really break artists anymore. They want someone self-made but don’t pay them like they’re self-made.

On politics and the industry:

If you don’t like politics, stay the (bleep) outta the music business. Politics is the most gangsta (bleep) in the world. Third World countries are rich in resources—Africa, South and Central America, all of Asia. The reason they’re sources for cheap labor, the reason they’re so poor and wretched and starving is that all their resources are owned by countries like America and Europe, countries that used to own them as colonies and keep the people as slaves. That’s politics, (bleep). That’s more gangsta than you, your block, your set or anyone you know will ever be. I just tell it like it is, like it was and how it could be, [instead of] like it’s not, like wasn’t and how it should be.

www.hiphopdx.com

WTF? Didn't expect that.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

(bleep), it ain't true. Thanks, BALF.

Last edited by CheetahMan on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

WTF NO he did not sign with G-UNit, he was simply asked about it. someone lock this (bleep) up, its false.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Damn, i almost had heart failiure when i read the title of this thread. Glad it was bull[ish].
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject:

wow, G-Units trying to get fans from everywhere. They have one from each place in the us(spider loc replaced game) now they wanna add a latino artist. I also heard they were in talks with Snoop, and DMX has already signed??
hybridsw20
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

G-Unit need to focus on a new G-Unit record that will rock the industry. The individual projects have worked against them and might end up like Wu-tang with mediocre albums, instead of staying together which is their strength.
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:

GGGGGGGGGGG GAY UNIT...
LakerChick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

This almost pissed me off right now. I'd lose every ounce of respect I have for Immortal Technique if he signed.

/stabs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
j.mob
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: WTF

That foolz nice but if he signed 2 that G-Unot then its over 4 that fool! U rollin' witta snitch homie!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: