Very frightening revelations about the Moon....PLEASE READ BEFORE PASSING JUDGEMENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Just to start, understand that much of this comes from the works (adapted science fiction btw) of George Adamski, perpetuated by the guy who took over his foundation after he died, Fred Steckling.
Let's start with Adamski, to get an idea of what sort of crank started this stuff, and some of his other claims:
-On November 11, 1952 he met a Venusian near Desert Center, California
-On December 13, 1952 he took unimpeachable pictures of a scout ship from Venus
-In the 50s he traveled in space with the space people and was even photographed inside one of their space ships
-He met the Pope John XXIII and received from his hands a pure gold Vatican medal of great value

So, after this guy dies, Steckling carries his UFO conspiracy theories to a new level, with the "moon base" theory. Funny how the web site conveniently leaves out the names of the long-discredited cranks who they have co-opted all of this from, huh? (Steckling's book is called "We Discovered Bases on the Moon")

The alleged transcripts from Apollo 11 are laughable. That is just simply not how a communication between Mission Control and the astronauts would go, even in that circumstance. Even in an extreme circumstance, such as the space shuttle explosions (Mission Control: "Obviously . . . a major malfunction"), the verbiage is pure protocol. The transcript in the site is part of a larger "transcript" known as the "Pepper Transcript" which includes such errors as (from the larger transcript, not just the bits on the site in question):
-"Mission Control"...this was never a phrase used astronauts, who instead referred always to "Houston."
-Technical-sounding gibberish such as "field distortion," "orbit scanned," "625 to the fifth," "auto-relays," etc. were never found in real transcripts.
-"Repeat, repeat" is never used on the radio; instead, astronauts and Mission Control use the phrase "Say Again."
-"Three of us"...actually, only two men were on the lunar surface; the context of the alleged quote indicated three astronauts on the lunar surface, when in reality, one was always in lunar orbit.

In addition, interviews with the handful of amateur radio listeners who are known to have tuned in the S-band (2270 megahertz) moon signals produced testimony that they heard the same conversations which were released by NASA. Since listening to the moon required the use of ten-foot diameter radio dishes, few people actually could do it, and they were known t each other, having done similar space eavesdropping for years

That said Laker fans, let's look at the supposed "source" who heard these "transmissions."
From the web site:
Telling Transcripts and the NASA Officials who spoke out
Ten years after the moon landings, Maurice Chatelain, the former chief of NASA Communications Systems, confirmed that Armstrong did report seeing two UFOs on the rim of a crater. "The encounter was common knowledge in NASA," he revealed, "but nobody has talked about it until now."

No. Chatelain was a technician for RCA who once did some work installing equipment at the operations building. He was subsequently fired. He was nowhere near Mission Control for Apollo 11, nor was he ever an employee of NASA, nor did he have any sort of leadership or directorial role in communications.

Before dismissing Chatelain's sensational claims, it is worth noting his impressive background in the aerospace industry and space program...

All fabricated. Chatelain is a UFO enthusiast who made the standard circuit of conventions embellishing both his claims and his resume at each turn. He was never a member of any operational space team at NASA, or even connected more than tangentially with NASA communications.

Moving on...
Love the "moon is artificial stuff." Here is the bigger picture of that in the moon conspiracy theory community that appears on some of their web sites:
"The beings from Andromoda are friendly aliens. They are the oldest race in our galaxy and are very concerned about our future. They have light blue skin, but when they age, the skin becomes more white. The average age of Andromodans is 2007 years.

According to one source the Andromedans say on December 23rd of 2013 we will cease to exist as 3rd dimentional beings, and move up to 4th dimension. They say on Mar 23rd, 1994 an energy began radiating from black holes at the base of each galaxy to help in this transition.
They say the primate race was created by the Draconians, and first brought to Mars, then Earth. Back then, Earth was closer to Mars, and covered with ice. They say humans are part of a soul group which they call Paa Tal, which were opposed to the Draconian influence and have warred with them for hundreds of thousands of years. They say that Earth will be ruled by Draconic tyranny 357 years from now (about 2352 AD) and have traced the shift of energy to our solar system, specifically to the Earth, Moon, and Mars.

The Andromodan council agreed that all Extra Terrestrial life should be removed from the Earth, Moon, and Phobos by Aug 12, 2003. They say there are only 2000 original Grey aliens, and most of them are on Phobos, a moon of Mars. (According to them most of the other Greys are clones, thereby supporting the hypothesis that the Greys are dying as a race due to genetic stagnation and they are looking for new DNA to revive their race.) If the aliens are not out of the Moon by 2003, they will pull the Moon out of orbit to "deal with it." They say our Moon is an artificial satellite from another star system (the star Chauta in Ursa Minor)."

It gets worse from there. This web site is cribbing different old conspiracy theories, and repeating discredited urban legends. What a waste of "space..."

Oh, and NASA has never dated any moon rocks at 5.3 billion years old. That is just a claim thrown out there as fact, without any backing at all.

PS: I do believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life in some form. However, I am skeptical whether we have ever been visited, and I absolutely laugh at a web site like this, and the theory it is trying to pimp...
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Now... that's a MUCH better argument, Tony.

Thank you for taking the time.

(though, now I'm on pins and needles, waiting for 12/23/2013)
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Montana bringin the kind.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

"Say Hello to My Little Friend!" - Tony Montana in response to speculative, and out right lying "Moon Base" kook website.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

alot of people say the moon landings were fake..... I think they are real and we have no interest in going there because there are no resources in which we can use. This whole alien thing was made up by some guy whose trying to scare us.
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I just don't know about most of it, there's just to much of the unexplained in the Universe, and some of it will never find out about.
!
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
alot of people say the moon landings were fake..... I think they are real and we have no interest in going there because there are no resources in which we can use. This whole alien thing was made up by some guy whose trying to scare us.

That's an ironic post, because some of the "evidence" used on that site, and to support that theory is co-opted from the "fake moon landing" people and their "evidence." Liars and mental cases.
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject:

[quote="JD"]Now... that's a MUCH better argument, Tony.

(though, now I'm on pins and needles, waiting for 12/23/2013)[/quote]

I thought it was 12/21/2012, this converts to Mayan calendar long date of 13.0.0.0.0.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
forget the moon...aliens are right here on earth. one of them plays point guard for the LA Clippers.

hahaha...yea reppin area 51

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:

but on a serious note. if i said, "lets go see whats on the dark side of the moon." would you go? or would you be afraid of the dark? Cause I imagine even with the best handheld lighting capabilities. you would only be able to see so far. so you may be walking into a huge crater miles deep. granted you could jump probably 20 feet high, but that isn't enough to get of a crater you dont know you're in. you still wanna roll to the dark side? And what if you did see something. would you lose your lunch? have a heart attack, pass out, or all of thee above?

quick question, if you went to mars, and found an ant like creature. would you bring it back to earth for testing? I wouldn't, because I've watched to many movies. and I'm always afraid I might be bringing back something that could spread, no tellin.
Booby
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Were about to spend 73 million dollars to crash a rocket into the moon while another rocket flies by and analyses the debris while its still in the air... :roll:

But if they find water I guess then they can go to mars or something so its worth it.

Seriously though I can't wait till we have a moon base, that would be awsome.
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Lakersfield"]
JD wrote:
Now... that's a MUCH better argument, Tony.

(though, now I'm on pins and needles, waiting for 12/23/2013)[/quote]

I thought it was 12/21/2012, this converts to Mayan calendar long date of 13.0.0.0.0.

This date of 12/21/12 is supposed to be when Earth or human beings enter the "4th Dimension" and our concept of time and space will be changed for ever.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

wow, nice work Montana. You definetely know your stuff. I was skeptical at even reading this thread, but when I skimmed your response, I decided to read the article. Cant say that I beleive...

Without tryiny to open another can of worms: How does the dark sided believers intertwine their beliefs with their religion? Do they follow any? Or is that their religion? Kinda like the heavens gate..
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
but on a serious note. if i said, "lets go see whats on the dark side of the moon." would you go? or would you be afraid of the dark? Cause I imagine even with the best handheld lighting capabilities. you would only be able to see so far. so you may be walking into a huge crater miles deep. granted you could jump probably 20 feet high, but that isn't enough to get of a crater you dont know you're in. you still wanna roll to the dark side? And what if you did see something. would you lose your lunch? have a heart attack, pass out, or all of thee above?

quick question, if you went to mars, and found an ant like creature. would you bring it back to earth for testing? I wouldn't, because I've watched to many movies. and I'm always afraid I might be bringing back something that could spread, no tellin.

The dark side of the moon is not always shrouded in darkness. The only time it is is when we see a full moon. On the other cycles of the moon, parts of it or its entirety are shone on by the sun. For example, on a new moon, the side we see is in complete darkness, but the side we don't see is in light.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

The dark side of the moon is not always shrouded in darkness. The only time it is is when we see a full moon. On the other cycles of the moon, parts of it or its entirety are shone on by the sun. For example, on a new moon, the side we see is in complete darkness, but the side we don't see is in light.

okay, so, are you ready to roll to the dark side(when its pitch black)? or are you afraid you might see something ?
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

cliffs?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: