OT - Damon Jones Interviewed in Possible Sexual Assult Case

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: OT - Damon Jones Interviewed in Possible Sexual Assult Case

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/03/07/bc.bkn.cavaliers.jonesi.ap/index.html

'I will be vindicated'
Cavs' Damon Jones interviewed in sex offense case
Posted: Tuesday March 7, 2006 6:55PM; Updated: Tuesday March 7, 2006 7:37PM

Damon Jones was interviewed about a possible sex offense alleged to have occurred on March 3.
Joe Murphy/NBAE via Getty Images

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cleveland Cavaliers guard Damon Jones has been interviewed by police after an Arizona woman filed a complaint concerning a possible sexual offense.

Jones, who signed a four-year, $16 million contract with the Cavs last summer, denied any wrongdoing before Tuesday night's game against Toronto.

"I am fully aware of the false accusations that have been made against me," Jones said. "I've been very cooperative with the Westlake police and their investigation of this whole matter.

"When the investigation is over I feel like I will be vindicated of all charges. Until the investigation is over I will not be making any more public statements because I don't want to put the Westlake Police's investigation in any jeopardy at all."

Earlier in the day, police in Westlake -- a suburb 15 miles west of Cleveland -- released a statement saying that they were investigating a possible sex offense alleged to have occurred on March 3.

In the statement, the police did not identify the complainant or Jones.

"It is unclear at this time what behavior [if any] took place in Westlake and whether that behavior constitutes an offense," the statement said. "One person who may have had some role in the matter is a professional athlete. That person has been cooperative in the investigation."

Jones missed practice on Monday with flu-like symptoms.

Westlake police Capt. Guy Turner could not confirm or deny that Jones was the athlete they interviewed. He said police were hoping to speak with the woman, who was recently in the Cleveland area.

After returning to Arizona, she notified local police, who took information from her and gathered evidence, Turner said.

"Preliminary indications are that something might have happened in Westlake," said Turner, who indicated that the investigation could take weeks.

Jones, 29, is averaging 6.8 points and 1.9 assists for the Cavaliers. One of the NBA's premier 3-point shooters, he was brought in to help Cleveland's woeful outside shooting. However, Jones, who has played for 10 teams since joining the league in 1998-99, has struggled with his shot.

Last month, Jones became the first NBA player to sign an endorsement contract with Li-Ning, China's largest sports apparel maker.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Well...............................
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

BS
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject:

I hope he blames Shaq.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Wait, Katie Faber moved to Arizona?

No more drunken bar nights for me.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:

True or not, this just goes to show you how EASY it is to get caught up in some mess. You really have to be proactive in covering your a** when you're out there doing the dirty dog.
Kupchak's Biggest Fan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Ironic that Jones and his big lips was one of the ones trashing Kobe. He just had a baby with Tina Thompson of the Houston Comets too.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Girls like there money.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

this needs to be moved or
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - Damon Jones Interviewed in Possible Sexual Assult Case

kemi4kobes wrote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/03/07/bc.bkn.cavaliers.jonesi.ap/index.html

'I will be vindicated'

Damon Jones was interviewed about a possible sex offense alleged to have occurred on March 3.

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cleveland Cavaliers guard Damon Jones has been interviewed by police after an Arizona woman filed a complaint concerning a possible sexual offense.

Jones, who signed a four-year, $16 million contract with the Cavs last summer, denied any wrongdoing before Tuesday night's game against Toronto.

"I am fully aware of the false accusations that have been made against me," Jones said. "I've been very cooperative with the Westlake police and their investigation of this whole matter.

"When the investigation is over I feel like I will be vindicated of all charges. Until the investigation is over I will not be making any more public statements because I don't want to put the Westlake Police's investigation in any jeopardy at all."

Earlier in the day, police in Westlake -- a suburb 15 miles west of Cleveland -- released a statement saying that they were investigating a possible sex offense alleged to have occurred on March 3.

"It is unclear at this time what behavior [if any] took place in Westlake and whether that behavior constitutes an offense," the statement said. "One person who may have had some role in the matter is a professional athlete. That person has been cooperative in the investigation."

Westlake police Capt. Guy Turner could not confirm or deny that Jones was the athlete they interviewed. He said police were hoping to speak with the woman, who was recently in the Cleveland area.

After returning to Arizona, she notified local police, who took information from her and gathered evidence, Turner said.

"Preliminary indications are that something might have happened in Westlake," said Turner, who indicated that the investigation could take weeks.

Jones, 29, is averaging 6.8 points and 1.9 assists for the Cavaliers. One of the NBA's premier 3-point shooters, he was brought in to help Cleveland's woeful outside shooting. However, Jones, who has played for 10 teams since joining the league in 1998-99, has struggled with his shot.

Last month, Jones became the first NBA player to sign an endorsement contract with Li-Ning, China's largest sports apparel maker.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

And this has what to do with the Lakers?

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
Wait, Katie Faber moved to Arizona?

No more drunken bar nights for me.

Wasn't she sent to a drug rehab there where she met her future drug addict husband?

Or was that Florida either way the media won't talk about it that much Damon Jones is a nobody compared to Kobe.
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - Damon Jones Interviewed in Possible Sexual Assult Case

LkrsOvrMia wrote:
kemi4kobes wrote:

'I will be vindicated'

And this has what to do with the Lakers?

Go Lakers!

why are random users so picky about where things are posted? you would think they were mods or something. let the mods do their job and chill out.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Pop wrote:
I hope he blames Shaq.

Pop , what exactly IS your avatar????
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Did Katelyn move to AZ? Where's DA Mark and Sheriff Joe?
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - Damon Jones Interviewed in Possible Sexual Assult Case

kemi4kobes wrote:

why are random users so picky about where things are posted? you would think they were mods or something. let the mods do their job and chill out.

Seriously. Check out my thread cheering the Nets on against ther Kings.

All the N00bs came out with the lock emote because they didn't understand what it had to with the Lakers.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

They were just interviewing Damon, not because he is the suspect, but rather, they thought he was the victim. They didn't know that he had given Shaq prior consent.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject:

See what Katy Fubar has done? She has encouraged false accusations against rich people. I mean seriously, what do these women have to lose? The worst that will happen to this woman is a settlement. On top of that, people like me will question each and every accusation and just assume it is frivilous.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
See what Katy Fubar has done? She has encouraged false accusations against rich people. I mean seriously, what do these women have to lose? The worst that will happen to this woman is a settlement. On top of that, people like me will question each and every accusation and just assume it is frivilous.

To be fair she didn't start the trend here she followed what many other women have done for decades its just her scenario was publicized more since it was Kobe.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: