LAKERS -at- NUGGETS – 4-20-24 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings -UPDATED
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
I kept saying throughout the game thread that I was extremely pissed at only Bron for this game. An example of why I said Bron was mentally disengaged and why only this aspect of the game pissed me off can be seen when the score was 92-98 after AD scores twice on Jokic and Denver misses two threes. This was our chance to make a comeback. Watch Jokic, who is surrounded by Bron and AD. AD is knocked down and out of the play but watch Bron.....ball watching. Now imagine what a fully engaged Bron would have done. One of 2 things. 1. Either box out Jokic like his life depended on it. 2 Go towards the rim to aggressively rebound. Not ball-watching. Jokic grabs the board easily and lays it up. Back to an 8 pt lead. Momentum lost....and our last real chance of a comeback

LeBron has been ball watching all season (there are a TON of clips of him doing it) and he perpetually walks the floor (he either sprints or walks, there is no constant energetic pace). He looked like a clown by the 4th with the way he played uncontrolled. This is why he needs to retire at this point. The more commentary gaslights us about what he's doing at 39 the worse it looks when he looks like he did in the 4th, tired and old. His hubris in believing he's still #1 and has title chances as the #1 are what is going to make it look worse for him as time goes by.
Dominic1981
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

KCP in the 3rd Q is what turned the game for the Nuggets
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:26 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
We have to have EVERYONE run back on D and not commit backbreaking TO's.

I admire your optimism. Personally, I can't watch much of the games because I know we're not going far. Without Vando, and a competent force alongside AD on the frontline, we don't have a chance.

We were a bad matchup for New Orleans, and Denver is a bad matchup for us.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:27 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Refs set the tone with calls or lack of calls because the NBA is rigged and you are a dotard if you think otherwise...Vega$ always wins.
# tim Donaghey

We have ABSOLUTELY no room to criticize who benefits from officiating this year. The FT disparity between Lakers and their opponents is absolutely insane. And we had more FTs this game (and DLO was getting away with stuff out in the open). This has applied in the past, but sorry, ain't no way that, despite being a Laker fan, we can be blind to who has benefited from officiating this year.
Dominic1981
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:29 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Apologies for sounding like a broken record but I’m amazed by Jokic. If he has the ball inside 15 ft, he scores. AD does as well as anyone and yet Jokic hooks one off the top of the glass no matter how difficult the angle.
It’s crazy that we were only up 3 after how well AD/Lebron played the 1st half. As soon as it was clear we weren’t getting the same Lebron in the 2nd half I should’ve known that was ball game. Everyone has to redline for 4 quarters against this team.

Jokic is so far and away better than ANT or the other more charismatic players this board likes to anoint as the MVP lol

Jokic is a very smart offensive player. Always makes the right pass, great finisher around the rim. But, I still think his defense is pretty bad. AD was smoking him all night.

The reason Denver is better than the Lakers is that Porter/KCP/Gordon are way better than AR/DLO/RUI.

The only hope that the Lakers have is AD continues to have monster games and the Lakers really need their bench to outplay Denver’s bench. Denver’s bench isn’t good at all
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:31 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Our offense was arguably a bigger reason than our defense why we lost. Poor shot selection, lack of ball movement, turnovers and few transition opportunities allowed Denver to get easy looks early in in the shot clock and bury us.

Game 2 is do or die for us. DLo may be auditioning for a role on the Lakers past this season on Monday.

Lebron shot 6 for 20 and the Lakers won against NOP with AD shooting 6-16. The very next game Dlo shoots 6 for 20 and the Lakers lose against Denver. Imo Dlo gets too much grief and not enough credit. The 7 turnovers from LBJ, the team getting worked on the glass, and the bagels from both Dinwidde and Vincent (zero points combined) looks to be the difference in a win or loss. The Lakers showed they can win even if 2 of 3 of the main options shoot poorly. I get that Den is better than NOP but I still think it’s lackadaisical ball security and poor rebounding that is holding back the Lakers, not Dlo.

The false criticism of Dlo tho may mean that you are right, he may be in fact auditioning for a job with the Lakers even after seemingly having already earned it. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take a clear upgrade for any Laker, I just don’t trust or expect it from the FO based for the productivity and cost of Dlo.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
KCP in the 3rd Q is what turned the game for the Nuggets

You could make a case that if he hadn't been hot like that and ot was Russell instead that hit those, we win.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Watched the game and did the writeup now.

Yeah, definitely thought offensive execution caused problems on both ends. The leadership on this team kills me sometimes. I don't understand how they just fade away from play calling and don't go back to what worked with any kind of consistency.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject:

We will not win if DLo doesn’t show up offensively. If he scored 4/9 from 3 we win game 1.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:48 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
We will not win if DLo doesn’t show up offensively. If he scored 4/9 from 3 we win game 1.

Lebron shot 6-20 in the very last game, not months ago, or even weeks, the last freaking game. His teammates stepped up and beat the Pelicans anyway. If the team can win with the star LeBron #1 option leading scorer on the team shooting 6 for 20 they should be able to win with a role player #3 option shooting the same.

The loss is on Lebron’s 7 turnovers, 3 of the 4 bench players scoring ZERO points, and the team getting out rebounded. Sure, point out that Dlo had a bad shooting game, that’s a valid take, but it’s not the reason for the loss, hold everyone accountable. How does LeBron have 7 turnovers and get a pass? The team only had 12 total, it’s not like the Nuggets were on a steals tear, Bron was just careless.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:44 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Refs set the tone with calls or lack of calls because the NBA is rigged and you are a dotard if you think otherwise...Vega$ always wins.# tim Donaghey
We have ABSOLUTELY no room to criticize who benefits from officiating this year. The FT disparity between Lakers and their opponents is absolutely insane. And we had more FTs this game (and DLO was getting away with stuff out in the open). This has applied in the past, but sorry, ain't no way that, despite being a Laker fan, we can be blind to who has benefited from officiating this year.
it should be noted that teams that emphasizes the 3pt shots will ALWAYS get less FTs because they are not attacking paints

AD/LBJ’s games are best “In the Paint” and attacking with their Bigs. With CWood and Vando not available with only Rui as a capable and dependable Bigs - one of their strengths is not available
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: