Windhorst: Lebron using Knicks to pressure Lakers into a trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
MJST wrote:
I would trade LeBron for Giannis so fast.

I'd trade Lebron for a bag of chips at this point.

Anything we can get for him at this point would be better than just letting him retire while the team does a whole lot of nothing.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:54 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Ok, Lebron haters. Relax. The guy posts an hourglass emoji and the world starts the Lebron hate meltdown.
I think the Lakers need a new coach, more than anything.
Highly doubt Lebron is pressuring Rob to make moves. Again, its the Lebron haters painting him as the villain.

I tell ya what..why dont you find a any friend you know that might works in a large corporation say got more than 20,000 employees. Tell him/her to send out a company wide email with that emojii, and I guarantee you his computer will be locked in 20 min OR he getting a call from HR or his boss. Tell them to try it. please tell'em to try it. come back on here and tell us how it went.

Exactly..lol. You are totally right.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:19 pm    Post subject:

What's next .... LBJ eating a Philly cheesesteak to force the Lakers into make a trade w/the 76ers by Windy
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Just the same old Lebron stuff. It is approaching the trade deadline and the drama picks up.

Does it matter if it is him, Klutch buddies or an overzealous reporter? Same result.

Easier to try to think of a year he didn’t stir the pot. Maybe only his rookie year followed by an ever increasing annual circus.

If he really wants to move to another team. I wish him well. He does not have to be sly. Just say so.

Put me down for Randle, Robinson, Hart and at least a couple of usable unprotected 1sts that are typically a part of big trades.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Windhorst is one of those that I tend to ignore. I don't take him as a sole source, he's okay at elucidating on others reports, but the scoops he get seems to be stretch armstrong caliber reaches
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:42 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/mcten/status/1754725232080761084?s=46&t=VJNAyA603EB9oePT0uUvuw
Quote:
LeBron James on if L.A.’s recent uptick in play is proof that the Lakers should keep this group together as the trade deadline approaches: “This is who we have so there’s nothing else to talk about”

(bleep) off windhorst
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:54 am    Post subject:

Windhorst just making things up now. SMH.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Wind said bron is doing his passive aggressive thing today on NBA show with RJ, Malika. They also said Dlo knew he would be trade bait after the lakers threw him more money to get rid of an option making him easier to trade.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:50 am    Post subject:

As ocho said, nothing new here. Remember 2 years ago when Bron wore shirts that said F them picks. Or when he would post about how great the RAMs GM was for going all in.

That's what he does all the time. Each year his team isn't the top.

The only difference, this time. I think he's legit willing to walk and move on from LA. Many reasons. I think he realizes with what NY has, if they add him as a FA, they have a better shot at coming out of the East, than Lebron does in the West with this current roster. They are one of the few teams that have enough pieces and players that will signed a true leading #1 who can win rings they would go from a close to contending to legit contending team. Brunson, Randle, Anouby, elite defensive coach, they have the pieces with Lebron to contend. The only downgrade in the NY situation vs us is AD. He won't have an AD level player next to him, but everything else is an upgrade. Better coach, better roster overall. I don't think he's bluffing. He would love the narrative of being the guy that brought back the Knicks to a title.

The other aspect is Bronny. He always said he would try to play on the same team as Bronny. As it stands, Bronny may be a second rounder if he enters in this draft (or a late first). Part of an appeal for change is that he would go to a team that has drafted Bronny. The word on Bronny is he'll be a 3andD type, quality role player with high IQ if he develops at the NBA level. No one is anticipating a star. Guys like that are usually available late in the first and usually in the second.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:55 am    Post subject:

Trade his ass to the Knicks lol. Is that supposed to be some sort of threat, or an invitation for a good time?

"They don't love you like that in LA, Bron"
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
As ocho said, nothing new here. Remember 2 years ago when Bron wore shirts that said F them picks. Or when he would post about how great the RAMs GM was for going all in.

That's what he does all the time. Each year his team isn't the top.

The only difference, this time. I think he's legit willing to walk and move on from LA. Many reasons. I think he realizes with what NY has, if they add him as a FA, they have a better shot at coming out of the East, than Lebron does in the West with this current roster. They are one of the few teams that have enough pieces and players that will signed a true leading #1 who can win rings they would go from a close to contending to legit contending team. Brunson, Randle, Anouby, elite defensive coach, they have the pieces with Lebron to contend. The only downgrade in the NY situation vs us is AD. He won't have an AD level player next to him, but everything else is an upgrade. Better coach, better roster overall. I don't think he's bluffing. He would love the narrative of being the guy that brought back the Knicks to a title.

The other aspect is Bronny. He always said he would try to play on the same team as Bronny. As it stands, Bronny may be a second rounder if he enters in this draft (or a late first). Part of an appeal for change is that he would go to a team that has drafted Bronny. The word on Bronny is he'll be a 3andD type, quality role player with high IQ if he develops at the NBA level. No one is anticipating a star. Guys like that are usually available late in the first and usually in the second.

No way he goes to the Knick’s for the minimum. I would take Randle gladly for LeBron. Maybe even a first and a couple second rounders.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
we're not winning a chip with current constructed roster anyways.

So if we can actually land 2-3 FRP's + Julius who we can use to flip for additional firsts then that would be absolutely amazing and would set us up to turbo reload this offseason.

But its not happening so not putting any more brainpower to it

All because people think LeBron is untouchable and "no, you could never trade a dude well past his prime because he's still got value". Guess what, that value is in trading him.

People on this board still wanting to keep LeBron really need to ask themselves what they're looking at on the floor, cause it ain't a winning team and it's a whiny player (there's literally plenty of vids showing his natural reaction to anything, is throwing up his hands.) I'm a full blown hater now because that's what he's fostered when he decided to jack up my favorite team in all sports (although he ain't the only part of that jack up).
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Poor kid is the 8th highest scorer on a team that is currently 9 and 13. Outside his name he might not even be worth a draft pick (since there's only two rounds). I honestly don't know if having the James name is a blessing or curse for him. Hope the best regardless considering the health scare.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:33 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Poor kid is the 8th highest scorer on a team that is currently 9 and 13. Outside his name he might not even be worth a draft pick (since there's only two rounds). I honestly don't know if having the James name is a blessing or curse for him. Hope the best regardless considering the health scare.

I think Bronny is better than is production. Im sure they are extra cautious with him as any dad would want. When you watch him play he has feel and flow. IMHO
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: