Details: How Darvin Ham lost the Locker Room (plus info about Rob Pelinka & Jeanie Buss)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie tries so hard to emulate her father, but she simply isn't him. Handing the reins over to Joey and Jesse would be a wiser choice; they are at least competent in their roles and I would much prefer having them in charge. Perhaps one of the Buss boys possesses the same magic touch that Jerry had. I'm simply exhausted by this circus. It's time to return to basics and establish a strong organizational culture. This situation is spiraling out of control, and Jeanie should consider stepping down. She can still oversee the business side if she wishes, but basketball operations should be entrusted to Joey and Jesse.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:59 pm    Post subject:

penny pinching mom and pop shop getting by with legacy alone. this franchise is heading for irrelevancy again when lebron is gone this summer
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Rob has shown that he can make moves when he has to.

Something is going to happen with the roster. Whether that’s Murray or someone else.

Coach is the problem here...not player like Westbrook

He may be A problem, but THE problem is the roster. The Lakers made investments in Reaves, Rui, Gabe, Prince & Vando. None of them have paid off so far. It's not misuse - they disappeared.

I expected Reaves & Rui, in particular, to make next level jumps. Not All Star level, but consistent NBA-starter-on-a-good-team level. That hasn't been there.

Lol

So it's not that the coach has literally not used them in ways to actually highlight their strengths? It's not that they're not used in the ways they were used that were successful last year? I mean maybe you don't watch the games but it's not a player issue.

I agree with Dr. Laker, the roster is an issue, AD is the only real 2-way player on the team. You have guys like Reaves, DLO and Rui who can play offensively but struggle defensively. Vandy and Gabe are known for defense but struggle offensively. Lebron is just old and Prince used to be 3 and D. We haven’t seen enough from the young players to make a decision. Wood and Hayes aren’t worth mentioning. I thought they were an average team before the season and we are seeing that. Of course Ham doesn’t seem to bring much that is positive to the team.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:14 pm    Post subject:

This is basically team that got to WCF last year.
Ham's refusal to do what's obvious is the damn problem.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Imagine if we had Ballmer as the owner. We’d have Ty Lue and a new arena coming on the way:

Clippers have a decent shot at winning a chip if they stay healthy. I’m looking forward to it personally just to see Jeanie Buss embarrassed, and hopefully removed from her role.

Meanwhile, here are the types of interviews our owner gives:

Last edited by george w kush on Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
Jeanie tries so hard to emulate her father, but she simply isn't him. Handing the reins over to Joey and Jesse would be a wiser choice; they are at least competent in their roles and I would much prefer having them in charge. Perhaps one of the Buss boys possesses the same magic touch that Jerry had. I'm simply exhausted by this circus. It's time to return to basics and establish a strong organizational culture. This situation is spiraling out of control, and Jeanie should consider stepping down. She can still oversee the business side if she wishes, but basketball operations should be entrusted to Joey and Jesse.

Jerry Buss built everything he had, his kids have built nothing. Jerry got an education, gambled in the real estate business (ironically helped by a loan from Donald Sterling) and he saw the value in buying the Lakers, Kings, the Forum and a ranch in the Sierras. He innovated as an NBA owner and kept the Lakers at the front of the league. Which of his kids have done any of that? Jeanie, Johnny and Jim failed in the business ventures he funded for them. Big Joe McDonald always said that Janie was the only decent one among them (keep in mind that Jesse and Joey were just kids then). She seems to have a normal family life and I believe still works with the Laker charities.

I remember when the kids took over that one of our quality posters here, maybe DMR or AP, gave many examples where the kids couldn’t succeed after taking over from a self-made successful businessman.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Day wrote:
How much credibility does Irwin have as an 'insider' ? A lot of his tweets and 'reporting' kind of just seems like echoing fans sentiments and relabeled as "sources inside the Lakers" which proves to be good engagement bait on social media and views for his podcast because it's just giving confirmation to fans opinions.

Historically? None. He seems to have made a connection this year however. He broke the locker room stuff and also the specifics of the DM/Dlo trade before Jovan/Shams.

Anthony Irwin had been right on the money regarding a lot of things happening this season:

- Tension between Ham and the Lakers Locker Room

- New starting lineup change aka Dlo going to the bench

- What Hawks were asking for Murray with all the details, way before Shams broke it
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Jerry Buss built everything he had, his kids have built nothing. Jerry got an education, gambled in the real estate business (ironically helped by a loan from Donald Sterling) and he saw the value in buying the Lakers, Kings, the Forum and a ranch in the Sierras. He innovated as an NBA owner and kept the Lakers at the front of the league. Which of his kids have done any of that? Jeanie, Johnny and Jim failed in the business ventures he funded for them. Big Joe McDonald always said that Janie was the only decent one among them (keep in mind that Jesse and Joey were just kids then). She seems to have a normal family life and I believe still works with the Laker charities.

I remember when the kids took over that one of our quality posters here, maybe DMR or AP, gave many examples where the kids couldn’t succeed after taking over from a self-made successful businessman.

This is true. As much as I wish the Lakers were not in the hands of the kids, a part of me can't really get too upset at them. Their father is a legend. Self-made success stories like Dr. Buss are rare. And expecting to capture lightning in a bottle in successive generations would be foolish.

At this point all the kids are doing is trying to maintain what their father built, but failing. The slide down from legendary to mediocre is a tough ride.

There will never be another Dr. Buss. The kids will likely never sell, because they won't be able to create anything with that money that generates as much as the Lakers. The Lakers are just an ordinary franchise now and we have to accept that.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:07 pm    Post subject:

This whole mess probably could have been avoided if they had just hired a coach like Ty Lue.

Just wild. Penny pinching your way to stupidity.

It's like saving $10k on the cheaper model only to over spend on the maintenance because it keeps breaking down.

Friggin morons.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BEazy wrote:

This is true. As much as I wish the Lakers were not in the hands of the kids, a part of me can't really get too upset at them. Their father is a legend. Self-made success stories like Dr. Buss are rare. And expecting to capture lightning in a bottle in successive generations would be foolish.

At this point all the kids are doing is trying to maintain what their father built, but failing. The slide down from legendary to mediocre is a tough ride.

There will never be another Dr. Buss. The kids will likely never sell, because they won't be able to create anything with that money that generates as much as the Lakers. The Lakers are just an ordinary franchise now and we have to accept that.

If only we were so lucky to have a brilliant father with an even more brilliant child: 1. Arthur MacArthur with Douglas MacArthur 2. Bobby Bonds and Barry Bonds 3. Phillip II of Macedon and Alexander the Great 4. Henry II and Richard the Lionheart
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BEazy wrote:

If only we were so lucky to have a brilliant father with an even more brilliant child: 1. Arthur MacArthur with Douglas MacArthur 2. Bobby Bonds and Barry Bonds 3. Phillip II of Macedon and Alexander the Great 4. Henry II and Richard the Lionheart

Joe Biden and Hunter Biden ... oh wait
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Just when we taught we had them figured out..they

BUCK BOSTON!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:59 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
just a conspiracy theory, maybe Ham is sabotaging the season from order above. maybe the Buss family is sick and tired of LeBron and Klutch, but they don't have the balls to trade him. so let's frustrate him as much as possible to the point he demands a trade, or just signs with another team.

Maybe.

Don’t know if this is true, but saw it on Lakers reddit. Rumblings are beginning just like when Cleveland got sick and exhausted of LeKlutch and at 39 this is a smart move imo (IF TRUE…not likely but we will see).

https://x.com/DavidPingalore/status/1753182060364386308?s=20

Edit: fwiw this guy tweeted that he was hearing Kawhi was leaning clippers during that infamous summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: