Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:49 pm    Post subject:

undefeatedAJ wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
AD laughing with rose while losing

AD had 31, Lebron 32, Austin had 19,12,&7

What else could they do when Darvin forces horrible lineups around our big 3 with terrible sets both offensively and defensively? LOL

Hell at least stick to one that works so they can build some type of continuity.

Doc River, Buds, and Mark Jackson starting to look like John Wooden or Phil Jackson to me compared to Ham

AD was great. Just not into the laughing with other players

Ad got (bleep) tonight 31/9/1 with 5/6 from 3
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject:

undefeatedAJ wrote:

You're mad, we're mad. We want to see guys enact more of our feelings, I 100% get that, and I hope to see you here with me in the next one complaining because I will be here for sure.

This loss isn't on AD at all. This is like blaming your rook for you losing a chess match. The person putting these people out there with whatever strategy is the one to blame. I'm looking at the game and trying to figure out who is playing poorly. Who is not carrying their weight? Even Cam Reddish has 8 and played good defense.

I think the problem is the chess player from my metaphor earlier. I don't think going under screens against Ja Morant is the way to go when we've got AD under the basket. Ja was 3 for 3 from 3 when we went under screens. That is the easiest offense ever.

Then we have guys not up on shooters because they're jumping out to help on drives. We have Anthony Davis under there ready to block shots or intercept passes. At least we have a chance of forcing them into a bad shot rather than an open one.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

Quote:
Darvin Ham:

"Take your hat off to [the Grizzlies], they shot the hell out of the ball... It seems to be the pattern, people are stepping their game up when they come into our building. We got to meet force with force."

The building doesn’t have magical properties, Darvin. This isn’t Narnia. You’re leaving guys open all game every game and they’re hitting them.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

Darvin Ham: “I’m tired of people living and dying with every game we play … This is a marathon”

https://x.com/mcten/status/1743510270486679559?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

#IWantedToBelieve
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

Japago wrote:
TMG wrote:
Japago wrote:
LeBron and AD are still too good for me to completely give up on them. They were really amazing to start the season through Dec and haven't fallen off THAT much.

They need someone else to share the scoring burden with. Another focal-point on offense. Another guy to take clutch shots down the stretch.

AR had a good game, but he isn't impacting the offense like that.

You see this is the (bleep) problem.

AR isn't impacting the offense....How the hell is him almost having a triple double not impacting the offense? What would our score be if he wasn't playing this game???

You cant have two non threats playing big minutes in the modern NBA ffs.

Vando-Reddish Taurean etc...Are all mediocre players who dont excel at anything.

Vando cant shoot. Reddish cant shoot. We're cooked.

In general, you're not giving him the ball and telling him to go to work. He's not going to draw double teams or put up 25+ when you dare to not double him.

Too often, this team couldn't generate offense even when he was paired with one of the stars.

He's not a "3rd star." He's good, but he's not that.

The Lakers need someone who can stand alongside LeBron and AD on offense.

AR isn't a #3

but this team has way bigger problems than that. We are starting players with non existent offense. You'll be at a disadvantage against any team playing two guys who cant shoot from the start.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:

What else could they do when Darvin forces horrible lineups around our big 3 with terrible sets both offensively and defensively? LOL

Hell at least stick to one that works so they can build some type of continuity.

Doc River, Buds, and Mark Jackson starting to look like John Wooden or Phil Jackson to me compared to Ham

AD starting to look like the Pelicans version of AD, put up amazing stats, while the team is average

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

TDRock wrote:
Darvin Ham: “I’m tired of people living and dying with every game we play … This is a marathon”

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

Quote:
Ham: “I’m tired of people living and dying with every game we play … This is a marathon”

I wish people would stop focusing on all the losing we’ve been doing lately and instead take a step back and see all the losing we’ve been doing most of the season.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

TDRock wrote:

When the hell are we going to be the Kenyan in the marathon?
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ocho wrote:
Still trying to wrap my head around how we lost when we had The Closer Cam Reddish out there in crunch.

He is an every day starter so you know he's totally fit for the role. Someone with so much brains like Ham that they've formed a button on his head would not play start a guy who didn't belong
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

MJST wrote:
Theseus wrote:
The rotations are an issue but even more of an issue is everyone going under screens/protecting against the drive when they're shooting 52% from 3.

I'd get that if AD were hurt and we had no shotblockers. But AD is healthy, so why not force them to take it to the basket if they want to score?!?!?

Having AD as our last line of defense and Ham deciding to still go with the strategy of "collapse anyway and leave their shooters open" shows how idiotic his approach is. The benefit of having AD is not having to collapse your defense and allowing guys to stay home. But Ham doesn't understand strategy, he just understands "Well Budenhozer did it.. so I will too.."
Exactly you have a generational defensive anchor in AD and you still collapse your defense unnecessarily its mind boggling. Ham needs to be fired.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TMG wrote:
MUCH BETTER PERFORMANCE???

HOW HAM??!!

(bleep) HOW????

GTFO YOU C***SUCKER (Soprano accent)

Expecting Jeanie or Rob to can Darvin…

You can FUGGETABOUTIT! 🇮🇹 💀💀💀
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

MJST wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
I think Ham will be gone at some point. These dudes are out of it.

If anything happens at all, it will be around the all-star break. No way they fire him now.

Taking out of ur behind?

Think logically about it. When is the best time to fire a coach? Players need weeks to learn the new schemes. The all-star break gives them some breathing room, along with time to incorporate new personnel acquired from trades.

Or you can do the smart thing and fire the coach now so that they can start getting integrated into the system so that by the time the all-star break happens they already have an idea of the system and just get more stronger integrated into it, rather than trying to START an ENTIRELY NEW SYSTEM at that time.

Still takes a month or two. This kind of stuff happens during training camp and then takes time to tweak in the regular season. Not an easy task. Team is demoralized. Lebron's body language gives it away. He's playing for stats at this point.

Last edited by Denny_Russo on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
undefeatedAJ
Star Player
Star Player

TDRock wrote:

We’re tired of you
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
TDRock wrote:

lol
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Memphis 23-45 from 3.

Vanderbilt/Christie played a combined 36 minutes and scored 2 points. Our 3 point defense is terrible and we got too many guys that produce nothing
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:54 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Brooooooo his pressers have been bad. Calling out guys for speaking to a reporter without giving their name is silly, because they don't want to be benched by a vengeful coach. Now expecting to win games is too small brained. Big brained basketball is all about realizing that maybe winning basketball games is the friends you made along the way.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I don’t even have to watch the press conference but I can already sense that Ham is preparing for the fact that he’s gonna end up losing his job, it’s unfortunate, he had the team at 14-9 and it’s been down hill ever since

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:55 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TMG wrote:
MUCH BETTER PERFORMANCE???

HOW HAM??!!

(bleep) HOW????

GTFO YOU C***SUCKER (Soprano accent)

Expecting Jeanie or Rob to can Darvin…

You can FUGGETABOUTIT! 🇮🇹 💀💀💀

With all due respekkk....You got no fugging idea what is ishh to be numbeh one

(puffs cigar)

Ham probably in his office to his assistants
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

TMG wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Any good marathoner will tell you. You want to really fall behind the first 20-23 miles. Take lots of breaks. Run backwards. Run the wrong direction. Just really not take it seriously. Then in the last 3 miles you want to sprint and try and get first place. Works every time.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:

AD starting to look like the Pelicans version of AD, put up amazing stats, while the team is average

I get it we all mad at the current state of our Lakers but let’s be real yall finding blame in AD ain’t the way SWAY!

Starting to tremind me of the season Kobe averaged 35 ppg with Chucky Atkins alongside him. We lost sure but people found many ways to SHHH on Kob.

Like the wtf else is he supposed to do?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Ham: “I’m tired of people living and dying with every game we play … This is a marathon”

I wish people would stop focusing on all the losing we’ve been doing lately and instead take a step back and see all the losing we’ve been doing most of the season.

#IWantedToBelieve
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
Memphis 23-45 from 3.

Vanderbilt/Christie played a combined 36 minutes and scored 2 points. Our 3 point defense is terrible and we got too many guys that produce nothing

I can't think of a shot, other than Max's 3 that either missed.

I did see them doing stuff like going under screens against 3 point shooters. Multiple times, which leads me to believe this is a strategy by the coach. If you go under a screen and the guy buries a 3, you might get a talking to. When you do it AGAIN, you're benched. The fact that it happened again after all that, leads me to believe it was a defensive gameplan.

Not Max though. He had the Kennard assignment, who has killed us in the past, and played him remarkably well, I think.

Max's 1 basket was a tough midrange jumper on a broken play. He had another 3 that he missed, and maybe I missed another shot but I didn't see anything he did that was bad.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:

I get it we all mad at the current state of our Lakers but let’s be real yall finding blame in AD ain’t the way SWAY!

Starting to tremind me of the season Kobe averaged 35 ppg with Chucky Atkins alongside him. We lost sure but people found many ways to SHHH on Kob.

Like the wtf else is he supposed to do?

AD has been great, but the reality remains he’s a great player on a team who is currently likely gonna battle for a play in spot all season long, and it’s been that way for couple of years now
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
TMG wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Any good marathoner will tell you. You want to really fall behind the first 20-23 miles. Take lots of breaks. Run backwards. Run the wrong direction. Just really not take it seriously. Then in the last 3 miles you want to sprint and try and get first place. Works every time.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30
Jump to: