Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Guess which Lakers played the most minutes against the Jazz? Smgdh

Yea…Prince.

I mean were winning games while he is in a Lakers uni slump... Only means good thing for the Lakers when he snaps out of it.

“If”, it’s “if” he snaps out of it and the Lakers lost a couple of tight games where he played major minutes (Sac 1st time, Mia). He scored 20 in the loss to Sac going 5-13 from 3. With better play the Lakers could be 11-4 which would be within a half game for best record in the NBA. Instead, Prince is playing 30 minutes and getting 0 rebounds while missing almost every shot he takes.

You’re speaking with too much logic sir.

I really think its the offense..The way plays are being setup is just meh. IF you go look at highlights of teams shooting threes to how we get into a offense of shooting threes is just different. It seems like teams pass the ball around and everyone gets a chance to touch the ball before making a move..Us? Dlo collapses the defense or passes the a person to breakdown the defense and look for a cutter or kickout for a three. However what is missed is those standing on the perimeter might be open but havent touch the ball..ie the ball is cold..it means you coming down getting the ball for the little of time not to bounce it but to just shoot...its not in rythem....Every shooter we get their average goes down..we cant keep blaming the player..You have to look at what worked for this player in the past and implement it into a set play for them.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:28 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Yea…Prince.

I mean were winning games while he is in a Lakers uni slump... Only means good thing for the Lakers when he snaps out of it.

“If”, it’s “if” he snaps out of it and the Lakers lost a couple of tight games where he played major minutes (Sac 1st time, Mia). He scored 20 in the loss to Sac going 5-13 from 3. With better play the Lakers could be 11-4 which would be within a half game for best record in the NBA. Instead, Prince is playing 30 minutes and getting 0 rebounds while missing almost every shot he takes.

I really think its the offense..The way plays are being setup is just meh. IF you go look at highlights of teams shooting threes to how we get into an offense of shooting threes is just different. It seems like teams pass the ball around and everyone gets a chance to touch the ball before making a move..Us? Dlo collapses the defense or passes the a person to breakdown the defense and look for a cutter or kickout for a three. However what is missed is those standing on the perimeter might be open but havent touch the ball..ie the ball is cold..it means you coming down getting the ball for the little of time not to bounce it but to just shoot...its not in rythem....Every shooter we get their average goes down..we cant keep blaming the player..You have to look at what worked for this player in the past and implement it into a set play for them.

I don’t like our offense either but Prince is missing wide open shots and layups.

my main issue isn’t even his shooting. He doesn’t rebound and isn’t that great of a defender.

However I do know he will get minutes I just don’t think his minutes should be that much higher than Rui and Wood.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Yea…Prince.

I really think its the offense..The way plays are being setup is just meh. IF you go look at highlights of teams shooting threes to how we get into an offense of shooting threes is just different. It seems like teams pass the ball around and everyone gets a chance to touch the ball before making a move..Us? Dlo collapses the defense or passes the a person to breakdown the defense and look for a cutter or kickout for a three. However what is missed is those standing on the perimeter might be open but havent touch the ball..ie the ball is cold..it means you coming down getting the ball for the little of time not to bounce it but to just shoot...its not in rythem....Every shooter we get their average goes down..we cant keep blaming the player..You have to look at what worked for this player in the past and implement it into a set play for them.

I don’t like our offense either but Prince is missing wide open shots and layups.

my main issue isn’t even his shooting. He doesn’t rebound and isn’t that great of a defender.

However I do know he will get minutes I just don’t think his minutes should be that much higher than Rui and Wood.

Saw someone suggest Jevon Carter or Torrey Craig with Prince going to Chicago, I would definitely do it, Prince just doesn’t fit here, he’s probably gonna end up doing better somewhere else like Malik Beasley is doing so it’s good for both parties
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Yea…Prince.

Remember Bease? ..He ,was wide open..but look at him now..It dont add up. These shooters lose it every time they come here? At what point do you look at the offense and video seeing how a player was getting his threes on his last team vs our offense and how he is now missing wide open shots?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Yea…Prince.

Remember Bease? ..He ,was wide open..but look at him now..It dont add up. These shooters lose it every time they come here? At what point do you look at the offense and video seeing how a player was getting his threes on his last team vs our offense and how he is now missing wide open shots?

Like I said my issue with him isn’t shooting even though his shots are wide open.

My issue is the lack of rebounding and defense.

I also don’t want him to play zero minutes just not more than Rui or Wood
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Nice relaxing game. Lakers intensity was great, hopefully tomorrow is the same but second of a b2b is tough. Without Cam it'll be even harder.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Yea…Prince.

Like I said my issue with him isn’t shooting even though his shots are wide open.

Im not saying just Prince..Its The Whole Team...no one can make NBA consistant 3s. Wide open 3s...thats your offense.. Its not a flowing offense meaning not everyone gets a touch of the ball before runing a play...your outside shooters are getting a "cold" ball..no rythem.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Im calling it out early..before they play the Mavs and people start complaining why we cant shoot threes...Check out hightlights of verious teams shooting threes and this ISo or whatever anyone wants to call this offense...it hurts our shooters.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:51 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Yea…Prince.

Im not saying just Prince..Its The Whole Team...no one can make NBA consistant 3s. Wide open 3s...thats your offense.. Its not a flowing offense meaning not everyone gets a touch of the ball before runing a play...your outside shooters are getting a "cold" ball..no rythem.

Dlo/Rui/LBJ hitting 3s just fine. You may have a point tho, some players for some styles while others don’t. If Prince contributed other ways then I’d be more patient. It’s Ham that puzzles me. Vande did a lot less wrong last year than Prince and was pulled sooner, eventually out of the rotation and eventually got the DNP. Lonnie Walker got almost no chance to even get in a slump after his injury let alone a chance to get out of one. Rui is almost just a garbage time player and Prince gets more time playing worst and contributing less than Wood. It’s not like Prince is rebounding, playmaking, playing defense or even taking care of the ball. Give players time to get out of slumps, I get that, but don’t take minutes away from other contributors to do it. Play Prince 20 minutes instead of 30, can we at least start with that?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:39 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Yea…Prince.

Dlo/Rui/LBJ hitting 3s just fine. You may have a point tho, some players for some styles while others don’t. If Prince contributed other ways then I’d be more patient. It’s Ham that puzzles me. Vande did a lot less wrong last year than Prince and was pulled sooner, eventually out of the rotation and eventually got the DNP. Lonnie Walker got almost no chance to even get in a slump after his injury let alone a chance to get out of one. Rui is almost just a garbage time player and Prince gets more time playing worst and contributing less than Wood. It’s not like Prince is rebounding, playmaking, playing defense or even taking care of the ball. Give players time to get out of slumps, I get that, but don’t take minutes away from other contributors to do it. Play Prince 20 minutes instead of 30, can we at least start with that?

Bease And LW4 situation all over again....smh.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:18 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
I know he'll ask why in the post game

Clearly Jalen Hood-Schifino isn't ready to play - Russell and Reaves have split the 4th quarter point guard minutes.

https://x.com/danwoikesports/status/1727191558817219035?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Might be due to the in season tournament. Point differential matters and the Lakers might have wanted to make sure their lead in that category was unsurmountable. It's clear the team is taking it seriously. I'm sure Lebron would love that feather in his cap for his legacy too, being the first winner of the In Season Tournament in the NBA.

It would’ve only mattered if we didn’t win the group and were put in a wild card situation.

Running up the score in this game was meaningless cause the W already clinched the group .

Seeding. Lakers locked up the group, but technically the 1 seed is still up for grabs. Trudell tweeted about it. It's unlikely they get passed up (to say the least), but still possible, and it would have been easier if the Lakers put in JHS and the G league squad to bleed away the lead in garbage time.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:44 am    Post subject:

DEFENSE!
The Lakers held the Jazz to 38.8% FGs and 14 TO.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:48 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Clearly Jalen Hood-Schifino isn't ready to play - Russell and Reaves have split the 4th quarter point guard minutes.

https://x.com/danwoikesports/status/1727191558817219035?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Might be due to the in season tournament. Point differential matters and the Lakers might have wanted to make sure their lead in that category was unsurmountable. It's clear the team is taking it seriously. I'm sure Lebron would love that feather in his cap for his legacy too, being the first winner of the In Season Tournament in the NBA.

It would’ve only mattered if we didn’t win the group and were put in a wild card situation.

Running up the score in this game was meaningless cause the W already clinched the group .

Seeding. Lakers locked up the group, but technically the 1 seed is still up for grabs. Trudell tweeted about it. It's unlikely they get passed up (to say the least), but still possible, and it would have been easier if the Lakers put in JHS and the G league squad to bleed away the lead in garbage time.

The G League guys were unavailable. The South Bay Lakers defeated the Stockton Kings last night in Stockton.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:53 am    Post subject:

Next Game: Back-to-back

Los Angeles Lakers @ Dallas Mavericks
    Crypto Arena • Los Angeles, CA • Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2023 • 7:00pm PT

Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:27 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Aah my bad. I was mistaken on that.

Thanks for the clarification
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16
Jump to: