LAKERS -at- WARRIORS - 5-2-23 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 7:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dennis was awesome. There is something to be said for a guy who isn't afraid.

They have nothing for AD. They will probably go smaller ball and we have to punish them. Too big too strong.

Good to see you rooting these two players on.

Glad to see you are rooting for the team over player.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:16 am    Post subject:

Both Bron and AD were gassed at the end. Evidently when Bron's tired his mind stops working along with his body. Seriously. Ham needs to do something to give AD a bit more rest in the 4th and to get Bron to play off-the-ball when trying to protect a lead.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject:

From an NBA.com article
Quote:

The Lake Show might as well have been in escrow on 1 Warriors Way because they owned the paint, they outshot Golden State 54-28 down low.

This was spot on!!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 1:13 pm    Post subject:

r0663664 wrote:
Ham doesn't has the gut to tell AD Nd LeBron to stop shooting 3s. He will say shoot it when you are open. Come on, it is so dumb. Warriors will dare 2 of them to shoot 3s all game long. They wish LeBron and AD to take 5 3s per game. Ham do your job as a head coach, not players' best buddy.
If the Lakers win, they can shoot 3s
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Both Bron and AD were gassed at the end. Evidently when Bron's tired his mind stops working along with his body. Seriously. Ham needs to do something to give AD a bit more rest in the 4th and to get Bron to play off-the-ball when trying to protect a lead.
In this game, Lakers obviously needed AD and LBJ to play major minutes to win the game - the most important thing.

Curry and Klay played 37&39 minutes

Both teams play with pace, Both teams need to play with pace

Winning the first game of a series is very important

With AR to DLo to DS to bring up the ball, they are able to take less pressure off LBJ

For a young team, playoff-wise, winning the first game is much more important for this Laker team then it i for the Dubs

Players that definitely need their rest are the players chasing Curry +Klay/Poole who are Vando to DS to DLo to AR to Brown.
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
My first thoughts:

Reeves needs to be more aggressive on offense, don’t pass to LeBron on the perimeter.

LeBron took one of the worst/dumbest shots I’ve ever seen in a playoff game. That 3 at the end, in a must score situation, was clueless. We got lucky to win after that.

Darvin needs to tell Lebron he’s banned from taking 3’s. I know before the injury he was decent, but 18% is going to cost us a game or a series if he keeps shooting them.

Reeves, Dennis, DLO need to run the offense, not LeBron. LeBron needs to post up and/or slash to the basket.

AD can’t disappear on offense in the second half (or anytime). He should have had 40 tonight.

We’re not going to shoot free-throws that well in the next game. We need to play better.

Play Rui more, rest Lebron to get him additional minutes.

Even if we get up 3-0 the Warriors can still win the series. We can’t let up for a second. Every game should be considered “must win” against this team.

Awesome post.

And thanks DB!
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
My first thoughts:
AD can’t disappear on offense in the second half (or anytime). He should have had 40 tonight.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your post, but I'm not so sure about this request.

AD is a legit big man who played all but four minutes last night. I just don't think it's possible for him to go all out on offense AND defense the entire game. Anyone who has read any of my posts knows that I'm gonna put my vote in for him to concentrate more on defense. I think he did that and actually rested whenever he could on the court itself.

I mean, instead of going up to the perimeter on the Warrior high pick 'n roll all night, Davis instead mostly hung out in the paint to, in part, catch his breath until the ball came towards him. He trapped near the top of the key on a few designated sequences, but it was rare.

On offense, he actually did show up in the second half, but he did so shooting a lot of long outside jumpers that mostly missed. Again, I think he was somewhat resting instead of banging even more down low to get his shots up.

So if he has to spend his limited energy intelligently, I prefer that it goes mostly towards rebounding and protecting the paint. He should still go for 20+ a night, but to expect 30-40 points every game might be asking too much (even though no one in GS can easily contain him).
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:47 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
The lakers are actually getting better each game. You can see more chemistry between the guys. Great to see

I agree. I said before the playoffs they were the team no one was going to want to play.

And LeBron can and will still hit another level in my opinion.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject:

DB for MVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I absolutely loved Stan Van Gundy's point when he noted something to the effect of: "the Lakers have Schroder, Vanderbilt and Davis in at the same time. Very few teams have that kind of defensive ability".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: