NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2578, 2579, 2580 ... 2631, 2632, 2633  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
I wouldn't mind having Dejounte Murray.

I wouldn't mind spinning the block on Brandon Ingram.

Lauri Markkanen is a sleeper and I think that Danny Aines would do it for draft capital.

No thanks to Ingrams. Always hurt, always chucks shots up and disappears majorly in games.
He’s not the answer.

I wouldn't even want Ingram in a pure rebuilding situation.

The guy is a bad off-ball player, and is not good enough to dominate the ball on a contender. He doesn't play defense and is an inconsistent shooter.

People just want former Lakers back on the team. That has to be the reason why he's being recommended.

I just don't get it. People get attached to these players their teams drafted and developed.

Seriously no matter how bad these dudes play they want them back because they are emotionally attached to past Lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Does Markannen solve a problem or create an interesting solution to problems we may not have?

The latter is how we've been operating in every season of Rob's tenure outside of 2020.

Adds a whole new dimension. If the plan is to keep AD and LeBron at the 5 and 4, Lauri at the 3 with two 3&D guards is lights out.

But I don't think Utah wants to trade him and I don't think if they did we could meet their price.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:04 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
levon wrote:
Does Markannen solve a problem or create an interesting solution to problems we may not have?

The latter is how we've been operating in every season of Rob's tenure outside of 2020.

Adds a whole new dimension. If the plan is to keep AD and LeBron at the 5 and 4, Lauri at the 3 with two 3&D guards is lights out.

But I don't think Utah wants to trade him and I don't think if they did we could meet their price.

I don't think Lauri is a 4 pick player in today's NBA, so we could meet their price. Also, we could remove the light pick protection in 2027 as a sweetener.

I just don't know what problem it really solves besides giving AD a spacing big to play with at the 4. Against Denver, does that leave LeBron to chase around MPJ? Lauri?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:05 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
2019 wrote:
levon wrote:

I don't think Lauri is a 4 pick player in today's NBA, so we could meet their price. Also, we could remove the light pick protection in 2027 as a sweetener.

I just don't know what problem it really solves besides giving AD a spacing big to play with at the 4. Against Denver, does that leave LeBron to chase around MPJ? Lauri?

We have 4 picks available? Thought only 3?

If we have 4 picks I think you have to go after a couple players... Mikal Bridges/Myles Turner makes most sense and address a couple of major needs.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:10 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
levon wrote:
2019 wrote:
levon wrote:

We have 4 picks available? Thought only 3?

If we have 4 picks I think you have to go after a couple players... Mikal Bridges/Myles Turner makes most sense and address a couple of major needs.

We have 3. I think 4 would be too steep for Lauri, so my point is we'd be in range.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:41 pm    Post subject:

guys here still want AD at C when clearly the remaining teams in the playoffs has legit pf and c other than OKC which will be eliminated eventually coz no way chet can continue holding the fort at C spot vs either the remainibg teams in the west.

Lakers need a legit center coz ad is a pf.

remaining teams big men:

gordon/jokic

siakam/turner

horford/kp

kat/gobert

washington/lively/gafford/williams

zubac/plumlee/theis

mobley/allen

hartrenstein/robinson
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:44 pm    Post subject:

We need Giannis to create a fire frenzy by asking out of Milwaukee this summer
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

What would that do for us? You think they want our low level starter or bench players for a dude on a long term contract that basically forced them to trade for the horrible Lillard contract and fire 2 coaches. Lol
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:47 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
Want no part of Dejounte Murray. I really don't want another guard that can't shoot on this squad.

If you don’t want Murray it’s ok and a fair opinion to have. But a guard that plays defense, gets steals, rebounds, and makes plays for teammates is different than just another guard that can’t shoot. The contents of your reasoning doesn’t add up when 36% from three is not really a can’t shoot situation.

I don’t want Murray to replace Reaves because of the ability AR has shown to play down the stretch with big buckets. They shoot about the same from 3pt, but Murray is a little better in almost every other way, rpg/apg/spg. I don’t want Murray to replace Dlo because of the downgrade in 3pt%. Playmaking is about the same but Murray is a better rpg/spg.

Murray would be a definite upgrade to the Lakers if he were added for Gabe/JHSfino/MaxL + FRP to play with…not instead of…Dlo/AR.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Thu May 02, 2024 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:48 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What would that do for us? You think they want our low level starter or bench players for a dude on a long term contract that basically forced them to trade for the horrible Lillard contract and fire 2 coaches. Lol

I would pack AD’s bags to the airport if we had a possibility to have him team up with LeBron
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject:

If Russell opts out the Lakers should have access to the full MLE which starts at roughly $12.9 million. As a new feature of the CBA, starting this year teams are able to use the MLE as a trade exception. So for example if Milwaukee wanted to move off of Bobby Portis, the Lakers could take his salary into the exception in a lopsided financial deal (not that Milwaukee would do that for free).

That would hard cap the team, and any additional financial flexibility would either have to come in trade maneuvering or by James accepting a spread out compensation over three years rather than immediate max.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
If Russell opts out the Lakers should have access to the full MLE which starts at roughly $12.9 million. As a new feature of the CBA, starting this year teams are able to use the MLE as a trade exception. So for example if Milwaukee wanted to move off of Bobby Portis, the Lakers could take his salary into the exception in a lopsided financial deal (not that Milwaukee would do that for free).

That would hard cap the team, and any additional financial flexibility would either have to come in trade maneuvering or by James accepting a spread out compensation over three years rather than immediate max.

I don't think that would give us the full MLE
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
2019 wrote:
levon wrote:

It’s been reported that the Jazz want to use their picks to make a big move. Lauri is an all-star on one of the best deals in league. There’s no reason to trade him.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I would pack AD’s bags to the airport if we had a possibility to have him team up with LeBron

Pack the old guy...
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

YASSSSSSSS
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Oubre would be a good MMLE candidate for us
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:08 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:

Been my target for 2-3 years now...

Right now if were using our picks.. I'm on the Myles Turner and Mikal Bridges pairing over a 3rd star like Trae.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:11 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:

Right now if were using our picks.. I'm on the Myles Turner and Mikal Bridges pairing over a 3rd star like Trae.

I am not sure the Pacers are interested in trading Turner anymore like they were before this season. Seeplms like he is part of the core now, especially with their success and the younger players they have.

Buddy Hield is another guy that looks like he won't get above the MMLE unless the sixers pay him 10 or 12 million to keep depth
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:15 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:

I am not sure the Pacers are interested in trading Turner anymore like they were before this season. Seeplms like he is part of the core now, especially with their success and the younger players they have.

Buddy Hield is another guy that looks like he won't get above the MMLE unless the sixers pay him 10 or 12 million to keep depth

Yea thats what Im worried about... I'm just hoping that Pacers some what crashes in the 2nd round. Them beating a Bucks team without Giannis does not really hold that much merit. Turner will also be in a contract season again next year. Last time that happened, they were trying to move him.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:18 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:

Yea thats what Im worried about... I'm just hoping that Pacers some what crashes in the 2nd round. Them beating a Bucks team without Giannis does not really hold that much merit. Turner will also be in a contract season again next year. Last time that happened, they were trying to move him.

True, we can even get him at the trade deadline if they suck next season, just need to have about 15 million in salaries to send out. Say we blow most assets on a big trade, but we still keep Vando. Vando, Guy we signed with MMLE with some sort of draft comp or swaps could get it done theoretically. Are swaps in future years are valuable. Lol
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 2:46 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Pack the old guy...

If we are ImaGining, might as well empty the treasure chest for LeBron’s last run.
Rui+AR+Vando+3FRP+3 pick swaps+(S&T Max Christie) for Booker

Gabe
Booker
Reddish (resign)
Bron
AD

JHS
Dinwiddie (resign)
Prince (resign)
Wood (resign)
Hayes

Bronny
Max Lewis
Castleton
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 2:53 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
But a guard that plays defense, gets steals, rebounds, and makes plays for teammates is different than just another guard that can’t shoot.

Max Christie.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 3:27 am    Post subject:

One of the main things I am concerned with is whether we buy in that Lebron/AD will have another healthy year.

I really would have said 2 years ago no way that is ever happening. Yet, they had a healthy second half of 2023 and a healthy 23-24 season. So the need for depth that can score is a lot less. Under those circumstances, you can sub some offense for defense.

But rewind a bit. When we had more defensively talented players, AD is out and Lebron, it's hard for us to compete. That's the though thing for me to evaluate. Do I buy in that AD will be healthy again, after playing this summer for team USA? If so, then you can let one of AR/DLO go for a defensively skilled but less talented player on offense. A new starting core. You could probably also do the same with some combination of Rui going out for a big guy.

If we buy in that AD/Bron have that left, we should focus on moving Rui+FRP for a big that can start and stretch the floor (Myles Turner type). And at the same time, split Reaves/DLO with a defensively skilled guard that can take on the Jamal Murray/Steph Curry types.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 3:55 am    Post subject:

Defensively skilled 3 point shooting guard = Max Christie
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 4:20 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Defensively skilled 3 point shooting guard = Max Christie

Who’s better currently, Max or Cam? We should keep both
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2578, 2579, 2580 ... 2631, 2632, 2633  Next
Page 2579 of 2633
Jump to: