Which Lakers will be cut?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Which Lakers will be cut?

The Lakers are carrying 20 right now. They have to get down to 15. What 5 do you think they'll cut first. It's a difficult choice. They have a bunch of draft picks and 1 year contracts. I think they'll shed the rookies and Zhelin

Joel Ayayi PG 21 Gonzaga
Chaundee Brown SG 22 Michigan
Wang Zhelin F 27
Mac McClung SG 22 Texas Tech
Devontae Cacok 12 PF 24 North Carolina-Wilmington

Can they send them to the G league and retain them?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

-2-way players like Ayayi & Reaves do not count against our roster total.

-We have the rights to Wang and he doesn’t count towards our roster total, so no need in cutting him. Plus rumor has it he’s already circumsized (get it?...dude’s a 7foot sized big playing on the other side of the world).

-Brown & McHung...oops, McClung...sorry still hung up on Wang...anyways these dudes are exhibit 10 deals ie training camp fodder. If they stick (spoiler alert: they won’t and grab a tissue), then they will take our roster officially to the maxed out 15 for the season.

-Cacok (wow, I won’t touch this one)...is a caphold and doesn’t occupy a roster spot. He either sticks (sigh, I can’t help myself) as a caphold or falls off our books entirely if/when he signs with another team.

So don’t mean to be a dick, but your info is wrong. We are officially at 13 guaranteed roster spots and rumor has it a guy named Ennis has a hard-on for us, but the hold up is that we want to give him a nonguaranteed deal, while he rather have a guaranteed bag.

Which reminds me, be responsible out there and don’t forget to bag it, before you tag it.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers signed McClung to an unguaranteed contract for slot #14, wouldn't he be a rookie minimum ($925,258) saving 700k*3 or about 2 Million dollars in LUX tax verses a 2+ year vet?

Realistically, we would want to do that with Austin, but if he shows up and we need the roster slot he would have to go through waivers and become a free agent before we could offer him the 2-way he's on now.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

-We have the rights to Wang and he doesn’t count towards our roster total, so no need in cutting him. Plus rumor has it he’s already circumsized (get it?...dude’s a 7foot sized big playing on the other side of the world).

-Brown & McHung...oops, McClung...sorry still hung up on Wang...anyways these dudes are exhibit 10 deals ie training camp fodder. If they stick (spoiler alert: they won’t and grab a tissue), then they will take our roster officially to the maxed out 15 for the season.

-Cacok (wow, I won’t touch this one)...is a caphold and doesn’t occupy a roster spot. He either sticks (sigh, I can’t help myself) as a caphold or falls off our books entirely if/when he signs with another team.

So don’t mean to be a dick, but your info is wrong
. We are officially at 13 guaranteed roster spots and rumor has it a guy named Ennis has a hard-on for us, but the hold up is that we want to give him a nonguaranteed deal, while he rather have a guaranteed bag.

Which reminds me, be responsible out there and don’t forget to bag it, before you tag it.

My info is the ROSTER

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

^ Okay, you’re not wrong for that then, that linked roster is.

What you are wrong for though is your use of that color of font on a Laker board.

LakersRGolden wrote:
If the Lakers signed McClung to an unguaranteed contract for slot #14, wouldn't he be a rookie minimum ($925,258) saving 700k*3 or about 2 Million dollars in LUX tax verses a 2+ yr vet?

Meanwhile, you would be right about this!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Which Lakers will be cut?

jodeke wrote:
The Lakers are carrying 20 right now. They have to get down to 15. What 5 do you think they'll cut first. It's a difficult choice. They have a bunch of draft picks and 1 year contracts. I think they'll shed the rookies and Zhelin

Joel Ayayi PG 21 Gonzaga
Wang Zhelin F 27

Your information is wrong.

At the moment, we have 13 players under contract, and two guys on 2 way deals. We have two open roster spots.

We acquired the draft rights to Zhelin, but he's not under contract and won't play in the NBA this year.

Chaundee Brown and McClung were signed to exhibit 10 deals. These are basically training camp contracts. They won't be around when the regular season starts.

Cacok is an unrestricted free agent. He won't be here next year.

In terms of the G league: If a player isn't under contract to the Lakers (either an NBA deal or a 2 way), we have no rights to them if they go to the G league, even if they play for the Lakers G league team. They are simply free agents and any team can sign them to a deal as easily as we can.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

I've not versed on which spots are or are not available. Of those on the posted roster which do any think will be shed to get down to fifteen?

King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I've not versed on which spots are or are not available. Of those on the posted roster which do any think will be shed to get down to fifteen?

Everyone except the 13 and the 2 two way players. Everyone else is gone.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Again I don't know the 13 and 2. Who are they? Are they the unsalaried players? If so exclude those and make the cuts.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
King Randle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Again I don't know the 13 and 2. Who are they? Are they the unsalaried players? If so exclude those and make the cuts.

Lakers contracts:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/cap/
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject:

They have two open roster spots; current roster at 13, two-way do not count toward 15. I think those two spots are kept open for a buyout player or a deadline trade (THT, picks) while the camp invites will join the g-league squad for a call up opportunity, the camp invite is like a salary bonus for g-league players. Devontae Cacok has the best chance at a call up based on lack of depth at forward.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
King Randle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

On the site you linked: https://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster/_/name/lal/sort/salary/dir/desc/los-angeles-lakers

The players that have a salary next to them are the salaried players the ones that have no salary next to them are unsalaried. The ESPN site shows 13 salaried Lakers.
digcom99
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Which Lakers will be cut?

jodeke wrote:

Joel Ayayi PG 21 Gonzaga
Wang Zhelin F 27

Cacok signed with the Nets last week. He shouldn’t be on this list.

Neither should Zhelin since technically he isn’t signed with the Lakers. We only have his rights.

Ayayi is on a 2 way contract. So he doesn’t count as a roster spot. You didn’t list Austin Reeves, who’s also on a 2 way contract. He wouldn’t count as a roster spot either. These two don’t need to be cut. They’re headed to the G league.

That makes Brown and McClung our defacto 14th and 15th players for now.

So there’s no need to cut anyone at the moment and makes this thread kind of moot.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

I don't think you can keep guys named Wang and Cacock on the same roster. I think it violates the penal code.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure I'm not making the team, wine aside...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

McClung will not get hung. Kid has some it factor.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

So don’t mean to be a dick, but your info is wrong
. We are officially at 13 guaranteed roster spots and rumor has it a guy named Ennis has a hard-on for us, but the hold up is that we want to give him a nonguaranteed deal, while he rather have a guaranteed bag.

My info is the ROSTER

Wesley is not on the team, they count the two camp invites in Mac and Brown plus they are counting our 2 way players (Ayayi and Reaves). CaCok is off to Brooklyn I think.

13 actual players, plus the 2 invites and 2 way players. There is a position that will likely be filled.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
If the Lakers signed McClung to an unguaranteed contract for slot #14, wouldn't he be a rookie minimum ($925,258) saving 700k*3 or about 2 Million dollars in LUX tax verses a 2+ year vet?

Realistically, we would want to do that with Austin, but if he shows up and we need the roster slot he would have to go through waivers and become a free agent before we could offer him the 2-way he's on now.

Guess they did go with Austin.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: