Rich Paul: Lebron James and Anthony Davis Will Be Moving To The 4 and 5 This Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Greatest SF of all time now a power forward.

Lebron has been drifting between different positions and roles for a decade.

Trying to tidily classify players in one of five positions is almost meaningless in the current era.

Historically, those positions were based on the strategic role players had on the court, but those roles are an artifact of the way the game was played decades ago.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
why would he tell other agents this?

That doesn't surprise me.

My guess is Paul was just BSing with other agents, and someone overheard them, or one of the agents told a reporter.

Precisely what Paul said is anyone's guess. The tweet in question was one of those vague statements that could mean anything: "Rich Paul was telling other agents at the Chicago combine that LeBron and AD were sliding to the 4 and 5."

If the tweet said LeBron and AD were "starting" at the 4 and 5 that would be specific and meaningful. "Sliding to" means ... who knows?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Trying to tidily classify players in one of five positions is almost meaningless in the current era.

Historically, those positions were based on the strategic role players had on the court, but those roles are an artifact of the way the game was played decades ago.

I must admit, I am intrigued at LJ at PF. Frank did run him at PF during the playoffs. He was setting up down low at the post and he was unstoppable. I think it is a nice transition for him as he gets older. Unfortunately, LJ at PF may not mesh well with AD at the 5.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Also technically, Lebron won a championship here as a point guard.

Lost in the first round as a SF.

So maybe moving away from SF is preferable?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Lebron is always the PG. POSITIONLESS BASKETBALL
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

He wasn't when Rondo was on the floor with him. I hope Westbrook will take that load off of him as Rajon did.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

He wasn't when Rondo was on the floor with him. I hope Westbrook will take that load off of him as Rajon did.

The hope is that with WB, LeBron won't have to be on the floor as much.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

He wasn’t with Dennis “I’m worth more than $84 million” Schroder hogging the ball.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I must admit, I am intrigued at LJ at PF. Frank did run him at PF during the playoffs. He was setting up down low at the post and he was unstoppable. I think it is a nice transition for him as he gets older. Unfortunately, LJ at PF may not mesh well with AD at the 5.

I don't get too worked up about what Lebron's "official" position is. I don't think that's going to affect what he does on the court much.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

The hope is that with WB, LeBron won't have to be on the floor as much.

Didn’t he play a career low in minutes last year?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

He wasn’t with Dennis “I’m worth more than $84 million” Schroder hogging the ball.

He still had the ball in his hand even with Dennis. His usage rate was lower the year before when he lead the league in assist than it was this season with DS on the team. Lebron is always the PG. This may be the first year that could change but I won't hold my breath
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:00 am    Post subject:

Pretty sure Miami with Fizdale ran Bosh at the 5 Bron at the 4 for some of their years together - so Bron has played many spots other than 3.

In 19-20 he was out starting PG as KCP/Green were the wings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject:

So who the 2 shooters running with WB-PF Bron-C AD? me think Nunn-Bazemore (or maybe THT surprises us).

2nd unit is pretty set Rondo-THT/Baze-Ariza-Carmelo-Dwight/DJ

Let's go!
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
So who the 2 shooters running with WB-PF Bron-C AD? me think Nunn-Bazemore (or maybe THT surprises us).

Let's go!

Thinking Baze and THT.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

Why would I want Davis at the "high post" where he is just average? to complain about him settling for long jumpers? or falling down trying to beat his man off the dribble?

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/anthony-davis-shot-chart

I want davis rolling to the basket where he is at his best and compliments our two ball handlers west and bron wide providing us with more space.

If you plant Deandre or Dwight in the paint you will have the same problem we had with drummond...Davis won't have the space to do his thing.

Da
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

4 and 5 are relative only to defensive assignments. They have played these and will likely play them more this year so I think we're making too much of the sliding/moving semantics. I don't put it past RP to say it, he shouldn't have but what can you really do?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:

Let's go!

Thinking Baze and THT.

When did THT BECOME a shooter?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

Why does he need to be a shooter?

Taken Horton Tucker highlights
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Because if we are going to start a non shooter then it should be a center. I don't care about his high lights he won't have the ball in hands with Lebron Russ and AD on the floor. I don't get this fascination with starting THT
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Because if we are going to start a non shooter then it should be a center. I don't care about his high lights he won't have the ball in hands with Lebron Russ and AD on the floor. I don't get this fascination with starting THT

I advocate it since Horton Tucker is a complete offensive player. He can create for himself. He can create for teammates. He can score around the basket (high degree of difficulty layups), from midrange, from behind the arc off the dribble, and — most importantly — in transition!

We will be an “extremely dynamic fast break team” with Russell Westbrook. Rebound, run. Why wouldn’t we want 20 year old legs on the break?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

I advocate it since Horton Tucker is a complete offensive player. He can create for himself. He can create for teammates. He can score around the basket (high degree of difficulty layups), from midrange, from behind the arc off the dribble, and — most importantly — in transition!

We will be an “extremely dynamic fast break team” with Russell Westbrook. Rebound, run. Why wouldn’t we want 20 year old legs on the break?

Good point, but I feel like if we start THT, his opportunities will be limited since he'd have to defer to the big 3.

If we bring him off the bench, he can be more aggressive since either Westbrook or LeBron will be rested, and we'll need THT to attack instead of pick his spots.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Yeah that's just what we need THT creating for Lebron AD and Russ smh
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Let's go!

The only sure thing is the starting lineup will have AD, Lebron and Westbrook.

After that, I could see lots of different combinations of guys playing with them.

I don't think either the starting lineup or second unit is set. I expect to see a lot of experimentation in training camp and in the early part of the season.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah, that series against Toronto a few years back when Lebron was in Cleveland was eye opening. Guy was hitting fadeaway after fadeaway. You give him that AND his bully ball? Game over. You could see how demoralized Derozan and the rest of Toronto looked. Lebron sucked the life out of them.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:20 am    Post subject:

The advantage of moving AD/Bron up a spot, you could probably start a player like THT or Nunn, and insert in a wing like Ariza or Melo. This speeds up your offense and also allows more possessions and 3 pointers. The downside is it probably hurts your rebounding, and your ability to defend the paint.

It's an interesting debate, one that I am sure we will have all season. In the end, what we probably see is more switch ups in the playoffs.

All I want is for AD to play at least 8-10 minutes a game at the 5 each game in the RS. We need those reps. We did that i 19-20. We then upped those minutes in the playoffs. Last year, there were just too many games that AD did not play the 5 enough. You had Trez and Gasol, and Trez needed minutes being a 6MOTY type. With Dwight, I do not see that being the case. We will have many games Dwight may not play more than 6-8 minutes, same for DAJ. He knows his role now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: