Former Laker Cedric Ceballos in ICU with Covid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Not being political here but I wonder if Cedric is vaccinated?

probably not. The only ones in the hospital right now are unvaccinated.

It really angers me that so many folks have been misled, misinformed or being part of a horrible, misguided political party, instead of doing what's right.....I don't get it...

with that said, I hope Cedric recovers....this is a vicious virus and it does not discriminate......

That is a pretty big generalization. I have never agreed with the liberal agenda, but I was first in line to get vaccinated. Just be careful that you don't throw everybody into the same bucket. There is poor education on both sides of the aisle. Of course, I assumed you meant the extreme right, so I am guilty too I guess.....you could have meant the citizens on the left side which make up most of our inner cities which is a huge population of unvaccinated.

Yep, sorry. I didn’t mean everyone. My apologies.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if those were his words or from a publicist....but apologizing for whatever wrongs he might have committed in his life doesn't sound like somebody who thinks they are long for this world.....
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject:

My parents live(d) with 2 of my nieces (4 people in the house).

2 nieces - vaccinated
My Mom - vaccinated
My Pops - unvaccinated.

My Pops was the only one to get sick in the house, the only one to be hospitalized and on 8/30/2021, the only one to DIE from COVID in the ICU.

Every single one of them has/had high BP and diabetes with my Mom also having gout.

If anyone lies to you and tells you the vaccine doesn't work, share this story with them.

Why wasn't my Pops vaccinated??
Because my ANTI-VAXXER SISTER and her Husband convinced him the vaccine would kill him.

Who paid for the funeral?? Not her or her husband...I did...I spent over $10K last week for a funeral that was absolutely avoidable.

My sister made a few dishes for the Repast and wrote a poem for the Graveside Service.

How is any of this fair? Just get vaccinated, people. Don't listen to dumb people.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject:

For the record, the vast majority of vaccinated in the hospital are immunocompromised. These people would be dead already if it were not for the vaccine.

The vaccine works.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:27 am    Post subject:

Sorry to read that gamecock,

Get well CC. Remember him on those Lakers teams that were quite mediocre. He always seemed to have good numbers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

2 nieces - vaccinated
My Mom - vaccinated
My Pops - unvaccinated.

My Pops was the only one to get sick in the house, the only one to be hospitalized and on 8/30/2021, the only one to DIE from COVID in the ICU.

Every single one of them has/had high BP and diabetes with my Mom also having gout.

If anyone lies to you and tells you the vaccine doesn't work, share this story with them.

Because my ANTI-VAXXER SISTER and her Husband convinced him the vaccine would kill him.

Who paid for the funeral?? Not her or her husband...I did...I spent over $10K last week for a funeral that was absolutely avoidable.

My sister made a few dishes for the Repast and wrote a poem for the Graveside Service.

How is any of this fair? Just get vaccinated, people. Don't listen to dumb people.

This is really sad to hear and I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds absolutely heartbreaking and as you said very unnecessary. Hopefully your sister and her family stop with the anti vaccine spiels.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

2 nieces - vaccinated
My Mom - vaccinated
My Pops - unvaccinated.

Blessings to you and the family.
irielight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

2 nieces - vaccinated
My Mom - vaccinated
My Pops - unvaccinated.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Sadly, stories like this have become too common.

Please, everyone get vaccinated.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD sorry for the loss of your Pops. I can totally relate to your anger and frustration on this. I think it's appalling that Delta is alive in spite of the vaccine's availability, and that good people are dying because of the misinformation being spread about the vaccine, and by this ridiculous mindset that taking the vaccine is some kind of political act, rather than a simple matter of common sense.

Thank you for sharing your message. I'll add this: everyone in my family took the vaccine long ago, there have been zero, and I mean ZERO side effects beyond what's typical the first day after any vaccine. If it helps ease anyone's fear of taking the vaccine I'll repeat your message emphatically. To anyone who hasn't done so yet, if you're able to do so, get vaccinated. It won't hurt you, but it could save your life, or someone you love.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

2 nieces - vaccinated
My Mom - vaccinated
My Pops - unvaccinated.

I'm sorry this happened to your family.

As someone whose job (at least in part) it is to track these COVID cases for my employer, I can attest that almost invariably, the people with the complications and have been hospitalized are unvaccinated. And the ones that didn't end up in the hospital and was able to ride it out at home, have told me it was the worst thing they've ever experienced. They were scared to death that they were gonna die. Our vaccinated associates who still got COVID - at worst it was a bad cold or flu. And the worst of it was short, a few days.

People, please don't let your politics and c-o-n-spiracies (as well as dumb family members) walk you into an early grave.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

2 nieces - vaccinated
My Mom - vaccinated
My Pops - unvaccinated.

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I can feel your frustration and sadness at the same time. Thank you for sharing and I am so sorry this happened to your family.
Sadly, people like your sister and her husband go around misinforming people because, they themselves, are terribly uneducated on the subject.
All the best to you and your family.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
For the record, the vast majority of vaccinated in the hospital are immunocompromised. These people would be dead already if it were not for the vaccine.

The vaccine works.

this. I also had vaccinated patients with severe COPD requiring ICU but later on being down graded and sent home, unlike the relatively healthy unvaccinated patients who ended up passing.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

2 nieces - vaccinated
My Mom - vaccinated
My Pops - unvaccinated.

very sorry for your loss.
i respect people chose not to get vaccinated, but what i can't stand is Antivaxxers spreading false information about how vaccines kill you and how they don't work. at the same time, they believe in cow dewormers and Hydroxychloroquine. etcs and tell you "what do you have to lose?"
the election is OVER, and there should be nothing political about vaccines.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

That is simply not true. Oscar De La Hoya is hospitalized right now with Covid and is fully vaccinated.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/570874-boxer-hospitalized-after-contracting-covid-19

for the record, Oscar De La Hoya was released from the hospital today after 3 days and never went to ICU.
https://twitter.com/OscarDeLaHoya/status/1435692323665416192?s=20
he looks pretty good to me.

one thing i would say is if this is a normal person, hospitals would not even admit him most likely.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

2 nieces - vaccinated
My Mom - vaccinated
My Pops - unvaccinated.

Sorry for your loss, it's so senseless. Again really sorry for this.

Definitely get vaccinated folks; it's a medical issue.

mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
crackadon wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

That is simply not true. Oscar De La Hoya is hospitalized right now with Covid and is fully vaccinated.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/570874-boxer-hospitalized-after-contracting-covid-19

That is true, but most of the hospitalized are unvaccinated people, the overwhelming majority of them.

About 85-90% of the Covid-19 admissions in my hospital are patients who have not been vaccinated Those in the ICU are a similar percentage. The couple of vaccinated (breakthrough) patients I've seen over the past month or so were comparatively less sick (minimal oxygen, short hospitalization).
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
crackadon wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

for the record, Oscar De La Hoya was released from the hospital today after 3 days and never went to ICU.
https://twitter.com/OscarDeLaHoya/status/1435692323665416192?s=20
he looks pretty good to me.

one thing i would say is if this is a normal person, hospitals would not even admit him most likely.

I saw his selfie, sad look but no nasal cannula, and thought the same thing.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Much love to Gamecock and his family and friends. Losing a parent is so hard, my sympathies.

And of course Cedric Ceballos too...he was part of an exciting upward trend for the Lakers after a bleak post Showtime-era and I hope he beats this thing back.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

2 nieces - vaccinated
My Mom - vaccinated
My Pops - unvaccinated.

So sorry for your loss!
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:22 am    Post subject:

Thank you to everyone who sent condolences.

My sister's husband calls me everyday saying "I can't believe he's really gone". I know he means well but it's annoying. They convinced my father HERBS would protect him and they sat by and watched as he got so sick, he couldn't sit up.

Now, he's searching for an explanation why his Anti-Vaxx message is still the right message. He is saying stuff like "he CHOSE not to get the vaccine".

I still haven't cried. I haven't grieved properly because I'm just so frustrated and angry. Honestly, I'm afraid of what it will look like when it finally hits me.

Thanks for all of the kind words here. They actually do help. I can't talk to my Mom about this because she just lost her husband, someone she's been with for close to 5 decades. My wife will hate my sister if I keep talking to her about it.

But the worst part about all of this?? My Pops DID have a choice. He could have listened to his son and Daughter-in-law, both of whom have medical training/degrees (MD and CRNA) over his home maker daughter and Painter Son-in-Law, neither of whom have ever set foot in a hospital except as patients nor in a medical school.

This didn't have to happen...and it doesn't have to happen to you or your loved ones.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

That sounds awful man. I'm sure you've seen this story play out in the hospital countless times and developed compassion fatigue to some degree. But to see it happen to your own family must be crushing. I can't imagine how hard it must be to still go to work everyday and probably re-live it. I hope your workplace has some sort of program to help you cope with this; it's too bad that you can't talk with your family about it. Please get whatever help you think you may need.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Now, he's searching for an explanation why his Anti-Vaxx message is still the right message. He is saying stuff like "he CHOSE not to get the vaccine".

I still haven't cried. I haven't grieved properly because I'm just so frustrated and angry. Honestly, I'm afraid of what it will look like when it finally hits me.

Your sister's husband needs to stay the hell away from you until you can process what has happened. They may be lowkey looking for you to absolve them of their role in this tragedy, but they are actually poking the bear. You need to look out for your own mental health at this point and shut them off for awhile.

This really shows how hitched these anti-vaxxers are to their stance, despite the costs.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

My sister's husband calls me everyday saying "I can't believe he's really gone". I know he means well but it's annoying. They convinced my father HERBS would protect him and they sat by and watched as he got so sick, he couldn't sit up.

Thanks for all of the kind words here. They actually do help. I can't talk to my Mom about this because she just lost her husband, someone she's been with for close to 5 decades. My wife will hate my sister if I keep talking to her about it.

But the worst part about all of this?? My Pops DID have a choice. He could have listened to his son and Daughter-in-law, both of whom have medical training/degrees (MD and CRNA) over his home maker daughter and Painter Son-in-Law, neither of whom have ever set foot in a hospital except as patients nor in a medical school.

This didn't have to happen...and it doesn't have to happen to you or your loved ones.

this is indeed the most frustrating part. i'd never imagine politics can make random people health experts nowadays. it is frightening
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Don't let your politricks or your tinfoil hat affiliations get you into some mess you can't get out of. For example, if you're against the vaccine because it was done too fast and is experimental, yet you'll stand in line at a feed store to get some stuff made for livestock that helps them poop out worms, you might wanna re-evaluate your life.

Thank you. Perfectly stated.
Stupid people being misinformed by misinformation and are too stupid to read the facts about the vaccine.
The vaccine will save your life - it's not meant as a political statement, its a health statement....
Just like the dumbass red necks that walk into Walmart, defiantly, without a mask, just to look, well, stupid as hell.
The fact is, the virus kills and doesn't discriminate. If you do get the vaccine, you have a better chance of not getting really sick or worse, dying...
It's sad that its an uneducated people thing now.....

Fixed.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

Very sorry to hear.

I'm dealing with this exact same thing trying to get my mother vaccinated and it's beyond frustrating. My biggest fear is exactly what happened to you and how this will probably impact relationships with others after the fact.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: