Lakers now with eight current or former all-stars
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject: Lakers now with eight current or former all-stars

LeBron, AD, Westbrook, Dwight, Rondo, Carmelo, Gasol, DeAndre Jordan.

Four all-time franchise scoring leaders: LeBron (Cavs), AD (Pelicans), Westbrook (Thunder), Dwight (Magic). Gasol #2 all-time scorer (and assists) for the Grizzlies and leader in rebounds and blocks.

DeAndre all-time leader in blocks, rebounds, and games played for the Clippers.

Rondo all-time leading scorer in APG and SPG for the Celtics.

Carmelo #3 in points for the Nuggets.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

And seven of these are Hall of Famers (everyone except DJ). Has a team ever had this many before?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Would have been nice if they were 4-5 years younger except for AD...

But we don't get some of those guys for the vet minimum.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Wait till Gasol is traded.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
And seven of these are Hall of Famers (everyone except DJ). Has a team ever had this many before?

Is Rondo a lock to the hall?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Nets have what 5 current/former all stars?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

S U P E R T E A M
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

The Celtics have had eight Hall of Famers on their roster at one time. Ironically, not all of them made an all-star team.

A number of teams have had 7 guys who made at least one all-star team. Don't think there's ever been 8.

Last edited by activeverb on Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

He'll probably get in, but I wouldn't consider him a lock.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
S U P E R T E A M

In 2016.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

If he gets his 3rd ring this year, I’d bet on it….
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Not good enough. We need to get more.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
Not good enough. We need to get more.

Wade and Bosh out of retirement for one last run.

Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

This was before LA signed DJ. Most All Star appearances by players on a roster all-time with 59.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-teams-all-star-power/
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I'd bet on it right now. But that's mostly because the NBA pressured the Hall to induct more players over the past decade, so the standard has really fallen. Right now, the borderline is set by guys like Shawn Marion, Lamarcus Aldridge, Joe Johnson, and Lou Hudson.

If the flow gates open to guys on that tier, I'd personally write off the Hall at that point and accept it's become just another program in the NBA marketing department.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I'd bet on it right now. But that's mostly because the NBA pressured the Hall to induct more players over the past decade, so the standard has really fallen. Right now, the borderline is set by guys like Shawn Marion, Lamarcus Aldridge, Joe Johnson, and Lou Hudson.

If the flow gates open to guys on that tier, I'd personally write off the Hall at that point and accept it's become just another program in the NBA marketing department.

I would be appalled if Aldridge got it— a guy who not only never won anything but never even came close to winning anything.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I would be appalled if Aldridge got it— a guy who not only never won anything but never even came close to winning anything.

Basketball references Hall of Fame monitor, which compares players career accomplishments to guys who are already in the hall, gives him a 50-50 shot of making it.

He certainly doesn't seem like a Hall of famer to me. But his accomplishments are on par with a lot of guys who are in the Hall. There are a number of guys in the Hall who never won a ring or came close to winning a ring. That in itself isn't a deal breaker

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

We're already past that point, in my opinion. But really, it all got diluted a long time ago. Pretty much everyone on the '60s Celtics teams made the Hall of Fame. Anyone who doubts this should look up K.C. Jones. He was never an all-star, and was only a second-team All-American in college (college careers meant more to Hall of Fame voters back in the day). We're talking about a .387 shooter who averaged 4.3 assists and 7.4 points. But he played for the Celtics.

When the standards are that low, how could you say that Rajon Rondo isn't a Hall of Famer? He may be a lower tier Hall of Famer, but there's a spot for him next to Calvin Murphy and Jo Jo White. As of right now, Hakeem Olajuwon is the only player to win a title without another all-star or Hall of Famer on the roster. That's great, but would it shock anyone if the voters eventually elect Horry?
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject:

yeah, it's not all about stats, it's about winning. rajon never averaged even 14 per game, but he's just a winner. he's a difference maker.... even less than a year ago. no rajon, no chip for the 2020 lakers.

but yeah, even with all that, he's border line on getting into the hall, unless it becomes like the rock and roll hall of fame, which is now basically a participation award.

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Basketball references Hall of Fame monitor, which compares players career accomplishments to guys who are already in the hall, gives him a 50-50 shot of making it.

He certainly doesn't seem like a Hall of famer to me. But his accomplishments are on par with a lot of guys who are in the Hall. There are a number of guys in the Hall who never won a ring or came close to winning a ring. That in itself isn't a deal breaker

waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Don’t get me started the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If we were the same as them,Wayne Gretzky and Sandy Koufax would be in the NBA Hall of Fame.

Going to see Pat Benatar in concert this week, She is not in the RRHF, so I’m bitter.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

We're already past that point, in my opinion. But really, it all got diluted a long time ago. Pretty much everyone on the '60s Celtics teams made the Hall of Fame. Anyone who doubts this should look up K.C. Jones. He was never an all-star, and was only a second-team All-American in college (college careers meant more to Hall of Fame voters back in the day). We're talking about a .387 shooter who averaged 4.3 assists and 7.4 points. But he played for the Celtics.

When the standards are that low, how could you say that Rajon Rondo isn't a Hall of Famer? He may be a lower tier Hall of Famer, but there's a spot for him next to Calvin Murphy and Jo Jo White. As of right now, Hakeem Olajuwon is the only player to win a title without another all-star or Hall of Famer on the roster. That's great, but would it shock anyone if the voters eventually elect Horry?

The Basketball Hall is incredibly shifty. Everything is mysterious -- there is no record of voting, no record of who is on the committees. My sense is there is a lot of logrolling and favoritism at play.

I do wonder how low they'll go -- Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, Lamarcus Aldridge, John Wall, Jermaine O'Neal, Penny Hardaway, Gilbert Arenas, Shawn Kemp, Kemba Walker. At what point will it become ridiculous?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Don’t get me started the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If we were the same as them,Wayne Gretzky and Sandy Koufax would be in the NBA Hall of Fame.

Going to see Pat Benatar in concert this week, She is not in the RRHF, so I’m bitter.

The RRHF is ridiculous too. Jann Weiner of Rolling Stone has too much influence, so the membership reflects his sensibilities.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
The Basketball Hall is incredibly shifty. Everything is mysterious -- there is no record of voting, no record of who is on the committees. My sense is there is a lot of logrolling and favoritism at play.

I do wonder how low they'll go -- Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, Lamarcus Aldridge, John Wall, Jermaine O'Neal, Penny Hardaway, Gilbert Arenas, Shawn Kemp, Kemba Walker. At what point will it become ridiculous?

Derrick Rose will be an interesting case. To date, every former MVP has made the Hall of Fame.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

Don't forget Lionel Messi. Both games are played with a round ball. Seriously, though, I'm with you on this one.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Derrick Rose will be an interesting case. To date, every former MVP has made the Hall of Fame.

Bob McAdoo took 14 years from his last NBA season to get in the Hall -- the longest of any MVP.

In some ways, his career is similar to Rose's. After great starts, their careers got derailed for different seasons and they became journeymen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: