DeAndre Jordan is Officially a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
What’s taking so long?

He was waived today. It takes 48 hours to clear waivers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
What’s taking so long?

Woj straight up said DeAndre Jordan will sign with the Lakers once he is bought out

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
Sep 3
ESPN story on center DeAndre Jordan's intention to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers after finalizing contract buyout:

So now it will be official in a few days
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
What’s taking so long?

Son of a —— what took them so long?
These Pistons are working slower than DJ getting back on d.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Essentially last season the center rotation was Gasol, Harrell, AD, Markieff in brief runs and Drummond at the end of the season.

I see DJ as the replacement for Harrell who won't be handicapped by being severely undersized against opposing centers. His offense will be dependent on being opportunistic on the boards and assisted by his teammates much like Harrell was. He provides a bigger vertical target, rebounds equally well, provides better rim protection and won't be bullied in the paint.

I am not sure of his defensive IQ but it surely must be better than Harrell who showed very little awareness in recognizing when and where to rotate to help his teammates. Harrell being out of position then gesturing toward a teammate seemingly pointing the fault away from himself was a sore point with me.

Given what I stated I am not sure DJ is the right fit. I was hoping for a mobile stretch C or PF/C hybrid. Even a project would have been preferred.

I stopped reading at that point because you done lost your damn mind. Undersized or not DJ can’t hold Montrez jock strap at this point in any area

Are you ever able to hold a conversation with another poster where you don't agree with their opinion without trying to belittle them?

So far just today you posted
Lost your damn mind
You make the weakest and dumbest argument

Remember the following statement you made against me that essentially applies to every poster in here including yourself? Do you see the Hypocrisy?

Because complaining on a message board makes them forget how (bleep) their lives are.

Remember my response
Quote:
Do you realize you are complaining about complainers?,

Kind of ironic isn't it.

Not sure what that says about your bleep life.

Deja vu

Yes I don't forget.

Show me my post complaining I got time.

I don't want to derail this thread anymore than this last post and since you have time you can look it up yourself.

Read my original post again. I never stated DJ was better than Harrell but he replaces him in the center rotation. That is why I started my post listing the centers for the 2020-21 season. I followed with attributes that are Center centric in relation between the two players. Tell me from a basketball perspective what I stated was false.

I then gave my opinion, yes my opinion of the major issue I have with Harrell and his defense. You may not agree but they are my opinion and certainly not my own as another poster soon commented the same.

You then skipped over the part about needing to belittle other posters who you do not agree with and in particular one specific poster. I give him credit for not firing back. The bolded statement was included to show how extreme you can be. Some wash it off and others fire back.

Weren't you the one where we went back and forth over 2 years ago on your preference for Lauri Markkanen and I for Brandon Ingram? Just seems familiar.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

Hot take! I wouldn't be surprised if DJ is the starting center for the Lakers on opening night. A couple of reasons:

I feel Vogel will continue to run DH off the bench where he can work against 2nd units and provide spark with his hustle and emotional play.

If Gasol is still on the team and reports in shape then I give him slight odds over DJ. Hopefully Gasol has the fire lit in him to slim down and be in condition cardio wise knowing Fizdale will push the offensive pace. If he reports similar to last year then I have a hard time envisioning him getting court time from Vogel.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Essentially last season the center rotation was Gasol, Harrell, AD, Markieff in brief runs and Drummond at the end of the season.

I see DJ as the replacement for Harrell who won't be handicapped by being severely undersized against opposing centers. His offense will be dependent on being opportunistic on the boards and assisted by his teammates much like Harrell was. He provides a bigger vertical target, rebounds equally well, provides better rim protection and won't be bullied in the paint.

I am not sure of his defensive IQ but it surely must be better than Harrell who showed very little awareness in recognizing when and where to rotate to help his teammates. Harrell being out of position then gesturing toward a teammate seemingly pointing the fault away from himself was a sore point with me.

Given what I stated I am not sure DJ is the right fit. I was hoping for a mobile stretch C or PF/C hybrid. Even a project would have been preferred.

I stopped reading at that point because you done lost your damn mind. Undersized or not DJ can’t hold Montrez jock strap at this point in any area

Are you ever able to hold a conversation with another poster where you don't agree with their opinion without trying to belittle them?

So far just today you posted
Lost your damn mind
You make the weakest and dumbest argument

Remember the following statement you made against me that essentially applies to every poster in here including yourself? Do you see the Hypocrisy?

Because complaining on a message board makes them forget how (bleep) their lives are.

Remember my response
Quote:
Do you realize you are complaining about complainers?,

Kind of ironic isn't it.

Not sure what that says about your bleep life.

Deja vu

Yes I don't forget.

Show me my post complaining I got time.

I don't want to derail this thread anymore than this last post and since you have time you can look it up yourself.

Read my original post again. I never stated DJ was better than Harrell but he replaces him in the center rotation. That is why I started my post listing the centers for the 2020-21 season. I followed with attributes that are Center centric in relation between the two players. Tell me from a basketball perspective what I stated was false.

I then gave my opinion, yes my opinion of the major issue I have with Harrell and his defense. You may not agree but they are my opinion and certainly not my own as another poster soon commented the same.

You then skipped over the part about needing to belittle other posters who you do not agree with and in particular one specific poster. I give him credit for not firing back. The bolded statement was included to show how extreme you can be. Some wash it off and others fire back.

Weren't you the one where we went back and forth over 2 years ago on your preference for Lauri Markkanen and I for Brandon Ingram? Just seems familiar.

Show.me my post complaining or don't make the comparison at all. If I feel a post is ridiculous like yours or IGs I'm going to point that out. And no I had idea who Markenan was before his second season wrong guy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Hot take! I wouldn't be surprised if DJ is the starting center for the Lakers on opening night. A couple of reasons:

I feel Vogel will continue to run DH off the bench where he can work against 2nd units and provide spark with his hustle and emotional play.

If Gasol is still on the team and reports in shape then I give him slight odds over DJ. Hopefully Gasol has the fire lit in him to slim down and be in condition cardio wise knowing Fizdale will push the offensive pace. If he reports similar to last year then I have a hard time envisioning him getting court time from Vogel.

I agree with you 100%, IMO I think Howard is the best back up big in the league which will allow him to punish the 2nd unit bigs, this is why fans should be excited about having both Jordan and Dwight, it gives us a lot of cards to play with in terms of having players play different roles at the C position.. but of course Laker fans will never admit to it because Laker fans are never satisfied with anything.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

DJ will be announced at 3 pm today?

https://twitter.com/jacobrude/status/1436042009085726724?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

I hope a reporter asks Rob what this signing means for Gasol.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I wonder who we signed lol
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

Jordan Farmar. More Guards
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Jordan Farmar. More Guards

Great more 6’3 and under relics lol
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

It's official.

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1436078261847552001?s=19
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I got a notification from the Lakers app that he was signed.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Welcome, DJ!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Welcome DeAndre Jordan!
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Presser is going on right now, PLEASE for the love of Kobe announce Marc is waived and Ennis is signed!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Whooo Hoooo I have to cheer for the scrub now.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Presser is going on right now, PLEASE for the love of Kobe announce Marc is waived and Ennis is signed!

Yes!!! Please!!!!! Dwight and DJ did not come here to share time with Gasol…..AD yes …….Gasol hell no!! And we need Ennis
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Yes!!! Please!!!!! Dwight and DJ did not come here to share time with Gasol…..AD yes …….Gasol hell no!! And we need Ennis

Yes, please trade our 41% 3 point shooting stretch 5 who makes only $2 million per year.

You have zero information on why Dwight and DJ came here. For all you know they were told they'd each be playing 1 quarter at the 5 and sharing the time with the other 3 centers.

I fail to understand the Gasol hate. He has a very useful skill set for this team. But yes, adding a pretty middling SF to the roster will make all the difference in the world. Never mind that some large fraction of posters here will proceed to crap all over Ennis if he is singed, even in the face of data that he's doing a good job. Just another day on LG....
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Yes, please trade our 41% 3 point shooting stretch 5 who makes only $2 million per year.

You have zero information on why Dwight and DJ came here. For all you know they were told they'd each be playing 1 quarter at the 5 and sharing the time with the other 3 centers.

I fail to understand the Gasol hate. He has a very useful skill set for this team. But yes, adding a pretty middling SF to the roster will make all the difference in the world. Never mind that some large fraction of posters here will proceed to crap all over Ennis if he is singed, even in the face of data that he's doing a good job. Just another day on LG....

Lmao….he took 2 three pointers a game. Don’t need fat, out of shape, stiffs that can’t move their feet…you like him great….we’ll see how the FO feels soon.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Whooo Hoooo I have to cheer for the scrub now.

I will root for him and hope I’m wrong, but I see this ending just like it did with Marc Gasol.

Pressure is on Vogel to get McGee level play in the twin tower strategy or limit him to end of bench type insurance with AD playing the 5.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject:

I’m watching the presser seems like a good guy with a sense of humor. Hopefully we don’t drop Marc and hopefully DJ can give us a hard 10
Mins
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/LakersOutsiders/status/1436087868817133574?s=19

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1436112663025643521?s=19
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Ennis' 3 point shooting last year was an outlier. He'll come to the Lakers and people will start saying "oh, another player who came to the Lakers and stopped shooting 3's"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 12 of 19
Jump to: