DeAndre Jordan is Officially a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Essentially last season the center rotation was Gasol, Harrell, AD, Markieff in brief runs and Drummond at the end of the season.

I see DJ as the replacement for Harrell who won't be handicapped by being severely undersized against opposing centers. His offense will be dependent on being opportunistic on the boards and assisted by his teammates much like Harrell was. He provides a bigger vertical target, rebounds equally well, provides better rim protection and won't be bullied in the paint.

I am not sure of his defensive IQ but it surely must be better than Harrell who showed very little awareness in recognizing when and where to rotate to help his teammates. Harrell being out of position then gesturing toward a teammate seemingly pointing the fault away from himself was a sore point with me.

Given what I stated I am not sure DJ is the right fit. I was hoping for a mobile stretch C or PF/C hybrid. Even a project would have been preferred.

I stopped reading at that point because you done lost your damn mind. Undersized or not DJ can’t hold Montrez jock strap at this point in any area
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Essentially last season the center rotation was Gasol, Harrell, AD, Markieff in brief runs and Drummond at the end of the season.

I see DJ as the replacement for Harrell who won't be handicapped by being severely undersized against opposing centers. His offense will be dependent on being opportunistic on the boards and assisted by his teammates much like Harrell was. He provides a bigger vertical target, rebounds equally well, provides better rim protection and won't be bullied in the paint.

I am not sure of his defensive IQ but it surely must be better than Harrell who showed very little awareness in recognizing when and where to rotate to help his teammates. Harrell being out of position then gesturing toward a teammate seemingly pointing the fault away from himself was a sore point with me.

Given what I stated I am not sure DJ is the right fit. I was hoping for a mobile stretch C or PF/C hybrid. Even a project would have been preferred.

I stopped reading at that point because you done lost your damn mind. Undersized or not DJ can’t hold Montrez jock strap at this point in any area

Defensively? There is absolutely nothing Trez does special on that end and hardly even puts in any effort if we're being honest.. Offensively, that's blatantly obvious for sure but on the defensive end i'm not sure there's a single big in the NBA league wide you can confidently say "they can't hold Trez's jock strop in that area". I actually had faith Trez would finally put in effort on the defensive end under Vogel but after seeing him this last season that small amount of optimism was pretty much laughably crushed. Absolutely pathetic defensive player for how talented he is offensively.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Defensively? There is absolutely nothing Trez does special on that end and hardly even puts in any effort if we're being honest.. Offensively, that's blatantly obvious for sure but on the defensive end i'm not sure there's a single big in the NBA league wide you can confidently say "they can't hold Trez's jock strop in that area". I actually had faith Trez would finally put in effort on the defensive end under Vogel but after seeing him this last season that small amount of optimism was pretty much laughably crushed. Absolutely pathetic defensive player for how talented he is offensively.

Not true he was good at keeping perimeter players in front of him and he even contested shots at the rim. He lacked consistency but he wasn't as bad as you claim.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Not true he was good at keeping perimeter players in front of him and he even contested shots at the rim. He lacked consistency but he wasn't as bad as you claim.

I def. didn't see that especially when I locked in and watched him later in the season. He was as matador as it gets the majority of the time. He was more agile and better for perimeter players though i'll give you that one. I might be exaggerating a little bit because of the extreme disappointment he was and his lack of even trying much of the time on that end but in no way would I say he has a huge advantage on anyone still defensively. Doesn't matter much anyways since he's long gone thankfully.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Are you ever able to hold a conversation with another poster where you don't agree with their opinion without trying to belittle them?

So far just today you posted
Lost your damn mind
You make the weakest and dumbest argument

Remember the following statement you made against me that essentially applies to every poster in here including yourself? Do you see the Hypocrisy?

Because complaining on a message board makes them forget how (bleep) their lives are.

Remember my response
Quote:
Do you realize you are complaining about complainers?,

Kind of ironic isn't it.

Not sure what that says about your bleep life.

Deja vu

Yes I don't forget.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

People give Deandre Jordan a lot of credit for hawk-hunting blocks without any basketball IQ and leaving his teammates out to dry because of it, even in his prime.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I’m not going to get into stats with you MJST.

Of course not, because it disproves your argument that Gasol hurt the team.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Here's Deandre Jordan's highlights with the Nets last year. All 3 minutes of them.

Fans are going to grow to hate him
More then anything fans are gonna get tired of Laker fans always whining about the FO getting someone unless that player is a generational talent, don’t act like people didn’t hate on the Westbrook trade, it’s obvious why we wonder why we are the #1 hated fan base in Sports... sometimes it’s to easy to find why.
I’m pretty sure you surf other forums and everyone thinks DJ is useless now back to your corner you go.
Yes because the fans always know what’s best for the team I think you are a little too concerned about being right then you are about whether or not DJ actually contribute I trust the Lakers front office a lot more than I do people on the message board do you know the people that brought us a championship less than a year ago?
Having multiple players that LBJ trusts is always a good thing since there is no expectation(s) for any of the aging All Stars to play major minutes.

We are the "#1 Hated Fan Base because our fans are in every city and Lakers win RINGS - Laker Fans Love This!!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:58 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

We are the "#1 Hated Fan Base because our fans are in every city and Lakers win RINGS - Laker Fans Love This!!

Exactly.

Fan bases for all teams debate whether players are good or not. There's no difference here to despise, it's silly to say so.

No other fan base is as strong in all cities, nor has a team that comes even close to the legacy the Lakers have built over the last half century.

Take it from someone who lives around Laker haters. We've wrecked title dreams of other fan bases all over the country, many who have never enjoyed a hometown title parade in their lifetime. Casual fans forget quickly, but countless diehard fans will never forgive the Lakers, and by extension us, for destroying that one title shot they had decades ago. And even if their teams have won titles, their legacies still look so weak compared the Lakers it makes them sick to have to talk about it.

Sucks to be them!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject:

As for D Jordan, I'm not particularly upset or thrilled, not until I see him play with this squad. I'd be more excited about a long wing who can defend, but those aren't as common in the scrap heap as decent insurance bigs.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:48 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Here's Deandre Jordan's highlights with the Nets last year. All 3 minutes of them.

Fans are going to grow to hate him

More then anything fans are gonna get tired of Laker fans always whining about the FO getting someone unless that player is a generational talent, don’t act like people didn’t hate on the Westbrook trade, it’s obvious why we wonder why we are the #1 hated fan base in Sports... sometimes it’s to easy to find why.

I’m pretty sure you surf other forums and everyone thinks DJ is useless now back to your corner you go.

Yes because the fans always know what’s best for the team I think you are a little too concerned about being right then you are about whether or not DJ actually contribute I trust the Lakers front office a lot more than I do people on the message board do you know the people that brought us a championship less than a year ago?

You would have a point if it was nets fans who got rid of DJ but no it was a GM his friends and a coach. So I value their opinions over Lakers fans who havent watched him play outside of some YouTube highlights.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:57 am    Post subject:

we needed a stretch 5 not another slow footed center who will make it easier for teams to just pack the paint and laugh as Westbrook jacks up jumpers
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:22 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Are you ever able to hold a conversation with another poster where you don't agree with their opinion without trying to belittle them?

So far just today you posted
Lost your damn mind
You make the weakest and dumbest argument

Remember the following statement you made against me that essentially applies to every poster in here including yourself? Do you see the Hypocrisy?

Because complaining on a message board makes them forget how (bleep) their lives are.

Remember my response
Quote:
Do you realize you are complaining about complainers?,

Kind of ironic isn't it.

Not sure what that says about your bleep life.

Deja vu

Yes I don't forget.

Show me my post complaining I got time.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:54 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
we needed a stretch 5 not another slow footed center who will make it easier for teams to just pack the paint and laugh as Westbrook jacks up jumpers

Which stretch 5 did they pass on?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:39 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Which stretch 5 did they pass on?

I think he's talking about Marc.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
When does he clear waivers.

Still asking . . .
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

The Nets did an overpay for Jordan (not his fault). He then refused to play in the bubble (strike #2). He is still a serviceable big who can occasionally give some minutes. The good or bad he did on his previous team has no bearing one way or another with how he potentially plays for us (see DH or JM). There is no risk in his signing and all we can do is hope for the best.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Still asking . . .

Yesterday was a holiday so the league offices were closed, we should be hearing the official signing any minute now.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
I’m not going to get into stats with you MJST.

Of course not, because it disproves your argument that Gasol hurt the team.

If you can’t see what happened on the defensive end then I can’t help you.

Gasol was fine on the offensive end. He did his job.

His defense was the problem and you can use all the stats you want…the live games showed him being hunted by the opponent and him struggling bad in Vogel scheme with rotations, etc.

Not because he didn’t know what to do like Harrell, it’s because his body is done.

I have no issue with Marc Gasol. He just didn’t work out with this iteration of the Lakers under Vogel.

You seem to think I’m against Gasol…I’m not. He’s still one of the best offensive stretch 5s because he’s so high IQ. His defense is where he is done. You can blame Vogel all you want for scheme, but obviously being able to move and somewhat deter the opponent on the perimeter is a pre-requisite for his bigs.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

man, i can only imagine the verbal beating drummond would get from rondo with all his failed catches. i sure hop DJ can CATCH THE BALL! for his sake, LOL!

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Welcome DJ!!!! You are gonna feast on lobs from Westbrook and LeBron.

And Rondo!

I don't think most here realize how different it is for bigs to be fed by LeBron (he does, Drummond might still be with us if he didn't have rocks for hands catching passes), Rondo (looks to break down the defense and feed the hungry bigs), and Westbrook (the lane is his domain whenever he wants), vs. fed by Durant (he doesn't), Harden (he doesn't), or Kyrie (he doesn't).

It's not a criticism, just simple facts. Durant is an elite shooter. His game starts outside, then inside, where we have AD & a big like Dwight or DJ waiting. That gets crowded. Just the way we want it.

Harden needs the ball, and thus the time, to figure what approach he'll use. That time he needs allows smart defensive teams to setup a wall, or contest his jumpers, which is what we want from him rather than penetrating the lane and causing mismatches.

Kyrie is a special player. Period. But none of them are big boy feeders. LeBron & Rondo specialize in it, and I think Russell will join the party well.

No, DJ will not have the elite athleticism from his other LA team days, but watch how his effort, intensity, and run like hell down the floor picks up when guys like we have start feeding him.

I still want to keep Gasol as well, though.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Still asking . . .

Yesterday was a holiday so the league offices were closed, we should be hearing the official signing any minute now.

Detroit hasn’t waived him so he hasn’t gone through the waiver process. He won’t be available until 48 hours after he is waived. Detroit is obviously in no hurry.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

Not even waived yet? But his signing could happen any minute and he plays good on 2k. Yep. Cool.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

He was officially waived today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JLEdwardsIII/status/1435294304969314309
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

What’s taking so long?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

Why are there 2 threads about DJ?

Lets MERGE!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 11 of 19
Jump to: