Training Camp/Media Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
When asked which guys out of the Lakers new faces have stood out through the first two days of training camp so far, LeBron James credited Kendrick Nunn, Kent Bazemore and DeAndre Jordan as "playing really good ball for us." Adding: "We’re just learning our system pretty fast"

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcten/status/1443713006186074115

Quote:
Rajon Rondo also shouted out Carmelo Anthony: "I don't think Melo's missed since he's been a Laker"

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcten/status/1443714558825152518

Kendrick Nunn has the potential to be a really important player for us. I have pretty high hopes for him.

In fact, my biggest concern with him is that we won't find enough playing time for him.

I was hoping 6moy for him but it looks like he could be a starter possibly
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:11 am    Post subject:

The best thing about Nunn, based on his numbers, age, contract need, he could easily argue that he is a starter in the league or at least a starter on this team, vs Bazemore/Monk/Ellington/THT (other candidates to start next to Westbrook). Unlike Dennis, Nunn is willing to come off the bench and willing to earn his starting spot. If Dennis had this attitude last year, our chemistry would have been significantly different. Just refreshing to see talented players like Nunn not focused on his starting role, just doing what the team needs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The best thing about Nunn, based on his numbers, age, contract need, he could easily argue that he is a starter in the league or at least a starter on this team, vs Bazemore/Monk/Ellington/THT (other candidates to start next to Westbrook). Unlike Dennis, Nunn is willing to come off the bench and willing to earn his starting spot. If Dennis had this attitude last year, our chemistry would have been significantly different. Just refreshing to see talented players like Nunn not focused on his starting role, just doing what the team needs.

DS only looks out for DS and his recent comments showed no remorse for how he handled his time here.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:33 am    Post subject:

who y'all think outside of the big 4 (THT) is better than last year DS (offense and defense)? I mean outside of the $, he was our 3rd best player
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
who y'all think outside of the big 4 (THT) is better than last year DS (offense and defense)?

IMO Nunn is close to DS in overall capability - and his superior shooting is a better fit for this team.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
who y'all think outside of the big 4 (THT) is better than last year DS (offense and defense)? I mean outside of the $, he was our 3rd best player

We have a Big 4 I love THT potential but he’s not our 4 best player until proven otherwise. Even then he’s not close to the level as the other 3. I don’t think anyone is gonna become a star level player playing with our Big 3. There’s just no room to showcase that on this team.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

recorded it and watching it over multiple days, but really enjoyed the hearing from MUNK...!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Dennis for sure individually was last year's 3rd best player. Good news is that this team has had some practice with a guard like that, because they got Westbrook, who is a much more talented player, but also comes with some of the same issues as Dennis (Not a reliable 3 point shooter in the playoffs).

I am hoping the experience allows the Lakers to have a heads up on how to install a more ball dominant guard with AD+LBJ. Only this higher usage guard actually is a floor general.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Availability is a big factor, and they've all been vaccinated...

But seriously, probably none of them. But should we expect the "5th" best guy to be better than our 3rd best from last year?

Nunn, Monk and Ariza have scenarios where they could really step up.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/1444022652046249984?s=21

👀

I like the vibe and body language of this roster.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Trudell:

Quote:
Carmelo Anthony: “Our pace in practice has been great. You see a different level of focus and intensity.”

Added: “When you have the caliber of players (we have), there are no plays off. It’s a great feeling. It’s a great thing.”

Quote:
‘Melo on Frank Vogel: “The biggest thing I take from these first couple of days is clarity on both ends.”

Quote:
‘Melo said he looks at this team like he did when he played for Team USA. With the level of talent, he can’t get wrapped up in role, starter/bench/rotation, etc.:

“Whatever it is, let’s go, I’m ready.”

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Trudell:

Quote:
Frank Vogel: “I’m excited about how much pressure we can put on the rim.”

Quote:
Frank Vogel on the defense thus far:

“Not good enough, but plenty of positives. The effort has been really off the charts. As long as we have that, we can clean up all the details.”

Quote:
Westbrook, LeBron, Ariza and Carmelo won’t play in the preseason opener, said Vogel. Outside of Ariza’s sore ankle, no injuries there, just managing the preseason schedule.

Davis will likely play in the first quarter only.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Trudell:

Quote:
Frank Vogel: “I’m excited about how much pressure we can put on the rim.”

Same, Frank.

This roster is going to give opponents nightmares with their rim attacks.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Ariza has what they are describing as a sore foot. He has not been able to practice yet. Hopefully, it's nothing serious.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Little things like this just makes me excited for this season. Such a big difference.

We missed you Do and Dwight
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Lebron James

Russell Westbrook

Anthony Davis

Dwight Howard

Carmelo Anthony

Rajon Rondo
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZmsIGQOIUA

Little things like this just makes me excited for this season. Such a big difference.

Game changer having them back. It already feels like a cohesive team.
Funny, not hearing anyone complaining about the current roster anymore. How can you? I mean, duh. Look at this team. Even if the guys are mainly in their 30’s, do the young guys in the league really want to play against the Avengers? It’s hilarious how damn stacked this team is….and we got a ton of shooters along with crazy rim protection.

No Laker fan can complain. This literally could be the best team of talent ever assembled, let alone best Lakers roster.

Stay healthy…
Stay rested…
Load manage…
Pound the league!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Frank had some nice things to say about Monk.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1444401956563210242

Trudell:

Quote:
Vogel on the 4 practice days: "I feel good that we have a lot of our system in. We’ve been able to be very efficient in the short time we’ve had."

Quote:
DeAndre Jordan said he’s spent time in practice playing with multiple different units, including as the center alongside AD when Davis is at the 4, plus other lineups without AD.

Quote:
Vogel on Trevor Ariza: “Right now he’s still out with the sore ankle. We’re in the process of evaluating that day-to-day.”

Vogel noted that Ariza came into camp with the sore ankle; it wasn’t something that occurred in practice.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dwight Howard reveals that the team has already given Malik Monk a nickname.

"We call him 'The Microwave,' because once he hits one shot, it's over with. He's already heating up."

https://mobile.twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1444405389835915264
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Training Camp Roundup

Quote:
With four Lakers practices in the books, here’s a roundup of what you need to know:

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZmsIGQOIUA

Game changer having them back.
It already feels like a cohesive team.
Funny, not hearing anyone complaining about the current roster anymore. How can you? I mean, duh. Look at this team. Even if the guys are mainly in their 30’s, do the young guys in the league really want to play against the Avengers? It’s hilarious how damn stacked this team is….and we got a ton of shooters along with crazy rim protection.

No Laker fan can complain. This literally could be the best team of talent ever assembled, let alone best Lakers roster.

Stay healthy…
Stay rested…
Load manage…
Pound the league!!!

It really is. These two guys' presence provides a sense of a security blanket. To have them riding along side LeBron, AD, and now Westbrook & even an aged Carmelo is beyond exciting IF, as the first item on your list specifies, we can stay healthy,
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Dwight Howard reveals that the team has already given Malik Monk a nickname.

"We call him 'The Microwave,' because once he hits one shot, it's over with. He's already heating up."

https://mobile.twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1444405389835915264

If he improves his defense and basketball IQ he’s gonna be a stud for us, we have guys to help him with that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: