Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

^^Russ is such an Energy guy he will look spastic for a bit.. he feeds off momentum and outrunning most everyone...

I like imagining all the work these guys are doing behind the scenes to mesh their strengths
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Took Vogel long enough give Westbrook the keys, rather than have him play off ball with Rondo together.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
To his RW's credit, at least he seems like he is willing to be a 3rd option and not forcing himself on the team like some feared.

Never understood why people thought otherwise. Well I do. People listen to Skip Bayless and Bill Simmons and regurgitate their talking points.

He's not a 10 year old playing soccer. People act like he's an idiot. To put up his numbers and get the accolades he's gotten. It takes a basketball mind that far surpasses pretty much everybody who talks bad about him.

He knows what to do when it comes to helping his given team.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:37 am    Post subject:

It would be nice if everyone stopped (bleep) calling him westbrick.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:40 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

I mean his shot is so terrible, he aired ball a dang mid range. And I don't even think it's mechanics. I think his mind just moves to fast. If he paced his self, I feel it would do him justice.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I mean his shot is so terrible, he aired ball a dang mid range. And I don't even think it's mechanics. I think his mind just moves to fast. If he paced his self, I feel it would do him justice.

...talking of airballs, Lebron airballed 1 and AD also airballed 1.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:43 am    Post subject:

His mind seems to be racing faster than his body can execute right now.

There's slow progress but he really has to cut down on turnovers. Just some inexcusable sloppiness that hurts the team.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject:

He’s finally playing better. Russ let the game come to him and he’s the only one who can dribble penetrate, and draw defenders.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject:

Westbrook is not a good player, but he can be an effective player...as long as he doesn't shoot the ball.

Westbrook should ONLY set up shooters, rebounded, and try his best on defense. He should never shoot the ball unless it's a layup, dunk, or 3 foot putback.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

Have to like the energy Russ showed and the way he was setting up guys off the dribble was good to see. Also really liked the sets where he was setting the pick for Lebron and then getting the ball back on the move where he can attack the basket or find an open cutter.

The main thing is he needs to SLOW DOWN, every thing he does is 1000x miles per hour.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

I think the opposite, ramp it up. He constantly puts pressure on the defense. He can get to the rim at will. All eyes are on Russ when he has the ball. When you watch the game, are your eyes on Lebron behind the arc, or Russ on a drive to the basket — what do you think the defenders are watching? Not Lebron in the corner. Not Anthony under the basket. That’s how he gets most of his assists, point blank under the basket — Deandre was feasting on those post entry passes.

I know we are an old team but there doesn’t have to be much movement when Russ is running the offense, the guys will be open since defenders are watching the blur that is Russ with the ball in his hands.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I think the opposite, ramp it up. He constantly puts pressure on the defense. He can get to the rim at will. All eyes are on Russ when he has the ball. When you watch the game, are your eyes on Lebron behind the arc, or Russ on a drive to the basket — what do you think the defenders are watching? Not Lebron in the corner. Not Anthony under the basket. That’s how he gets most of his assists, point blank under the basket — Deandre was feasting on those post entry passes.

I know we are an old team but there doesn’t have to be much movement when Russ is running the offense, the guys will be open since defenders are watching the blur that is Russ with the ball in his hands.

100%, let WB play to his strength, draw the defense by pressuring the rim as much as he can, the more he’s acclimated with the bigs, the lobs would come too
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

we played our best last night when he handled the ball. Bron is way better off the ball than Russ.

Russ plays with head up, bron with head down. bron is clearly a sick assists guy but with this team russ is better.

Bron seems to do more ball pounding on the perimeter trying to get his vs teammates.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

100%, let WB play to his strength, draw the defense by pressuring the rim as much as he can, the more he’s acclimated with the bigs, the lobs would come too

Bingo!
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

I mean I don't disagree we want him aggressive. I just wonder if that balls to the wall 100% of the time approach will work come playoff time. When the defenses are set, game tempo always slows down, etc.

That's why I really liked seeing him as a pick setter with LBJ, that type of setup you could see working in grind out games and prevent teams from sagging off him, yet still plays to his strengths when he gets the ball on the move.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
nickuku wrote:

...talking of airballs, Lebron airballed 1 and AD also airballed 1.

Definitely. That's why they call LeBron, LeBron and say AD needs to post more because he often thinks he's a shooting guard. They all don't have good shots. Lebron just has the best shot out of them all and Westbrook has the worst. I don't even wanna include AD because I don't even feel he should a lot of outside shots, unless it's like a short midrange. AD needs to get in the gym with KG.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Maybe we can the old Pau Gasoft filter amended to cover this nickname.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

The only position Westbrook can play is PG.
So the only solution if they want to play Westbrook is play him a PG and
put Lebron off ball.

And Westbrook has to concentrate on defense also.

He cannot shoot so he has to earn his 40M some way.

Is it possible for Westbrook to learn how to shoot?
Maybe become at least average?
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I think a lot of people are going to embrace and love this guy in a few months once he settles down and understands his teammates. Based on his past seasons he's a notorious slow starter, and in this case it's the first time he's had to come in and adapt to two other superstars.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I think a lot of people are going to embrace and love this guy in a few months once he settles down and understands his teammates. Based on his past seasons he's a notorious slow starter, and in this case it's the first time he's had to come in and adapt to two other superstars.

Everyone loves to go "he starts slow but then he plays great at seasons end!" but always leaves out "and then comes back down to earth in the Playoffs and plays worse than he did at the start of the season".
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Everyone loves to go "he starts slow but then he plays great at seasons end!" but always leaves out "and then comes back down to earth in the Playoffs and plays worse than he did at the start of the season".

Westbrook:

Regular season:

23 PPG, 9 AST, 7 TRB, 2 STL, 4 TOV on 44% FG, 53% TS

Playoffs:

25 PPG, 8 AST, 8 TRB, 2 STL, 4 TOV on 41% FG, 51% TS

Slight increase in scoring, coupled with a slight drop in efficiency. But overall he's pretty much the same player in the playoffs than the regular season: A near triple-double, high-turnover, 20+ PPG volume scorer.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

Man, if LeBron can get Westbrook to be a consistent screener for him...truly the GOAT.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
MJST wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Westbrook:

Regular season:

23 PPG, 9 AST, 7 TRB, 2 STL, 4 TOV on 44% FG, 53% TS

Playoffs:

25 PPG, 8 AST, 8 TRB, 2 STL, 4 TOV on 41% FG, 51% TS

Slight increase in scoring, coupled with a slight drop in efficiency. But overall he's pretty much the same player in the playoffs than the regular season: A near triple-double, high-turnover, 20+ PPG volume scorer.

do the last 2 playoffs because that is the Westbrook we are getting.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Westbrook should ONLY set up shooters, rebounded, and try his best on defense.

He should never shoot the ball unless it's a layup, dunk, or 3 foot putback.

Basically a smaller Ben Simmons but without the defense.

Lets trade for him!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

so we gonna talk about Westbrook being the screensetter for Lebron or no? Twice last game, 16 times in all last season or something crazy like that. He's already playing differently than he has
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 66 of 426
Jump to: