Playoff Discussion (potential Laker opponents)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 433, 434, 435  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully, the Suns can wrap the series up with Denver tonight. That will give them some nice rest and practice time for the Clippers if they make it to the next round. Suns will have a home-court advantage too.

If the Clippers want to win the title they have to win 3 straight series without HCA. Not easy to do.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Ah… this game has been highly enjoyable. First I’ve had the chance to watch from the series.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

I need Conley to come back. I would love to see the Jazz win the championship, after everyone doubted them in the regular season (myself included).
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Durant shutting up all the haters. 2021 Lebron would’ve spent half that quarter arguing with the refs while the bucks go up 20. Durant nearly dropped 20 in the quarter to keep the game winnable.

Not sure what the use is to comparing a healthy KD who has been playing the best ball of his career to a hobbled Lebron. Even so though I am sure Lebron would have loved to have the shooters the Nets have after losing AD. Even hobbled he can still pick a team apart with shooters around him. Which would have meant there weren't 5 guys at all times ready to be in the paint and ignoring our shooters.

Sure Lebron wasn’t 100% but it wasn’t like he was really that hobbled. That alley oop from Caruso in game 2 and then all the fancy dribbling and post moves he was pulling on Crowder when we were up 20 sure looked like he was healthy enough. But then AD goes down and he looks like a completely different player. I don’t mind losing, and he wasn’t getting much help without AD, but he really plays up his injuries depending on how well the team is doing.
It just felt very Clippers to me.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Bucks are about to be 2 wins away from eliminating the Nets. I don't see Kyrie/Harden playing in the next 2 games. They were the favorites and now who knows.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Kd can not lead a team without other hofers
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Ah… this game has been highly enjoyable. First I’ve had the chance to watch from the series.

I don’t care who wins other than the Clips...but if I can be greedy I would love for the Nets super friends to implode.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Kd walked to locker early. Keep the slander u had for bron.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

So clearly the big bummer is Kyrie. I seriously hope he can come back. And it’s just yet another element of why the season has been a bummer overall. Injuries have just been way too much of a determining factor.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

loslakersss wrote:
eureca wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Durant shutting up all the haters. 2021 Lebron would’ve spent half that quarter arguing with the refs while the bucks go up 20. Durant nearly dropped 20 in the quarter to keep the game winnable.

Not sure what the use is to comparing a healthy KD who has been playing the best ball of his career to a hobbled Lebron. Even so though I am sure Lebron would have loved to have the shooters the Nets have after losing AD. Even hobbled he can still pick a team apart with shooters around him. Which would have meant there weren't 5 guys at all times ready to be in the paint and ignoring our shooters.

Sure Lebron wasn’t 100% but it wasn’t like he was really that hobbled. That alley oop from Caruso in game 2 and then all the fancy dribbling and post moves he was pulling on Crowder when we were up 20 sure looked like he was healthy enough. But then AD goes down and he looks like a completely different player. I don’t mind losing, and he wasn’t getting much help without AD, but he really plays up his injuries depending on how well the team is doing.

He looked hobbled the whole series. Jumping off your healthy ankle on a fast break doesn't mean your right ankle is healthy. He also had a big fast break alley oop at the end of the regular season. Notice how all those bursts came on fast breaks where he had room to take off of one leg.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Freak has no time for people talking about the nets losing guy. This has been his world
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Durant's playmaking was never good enough to get it done without an MVP shot creator running the offense.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Last edited by MJST on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

He’s never had to, but hopefully kyrie and harden are gone for year. Let’s see what he can do.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Agreed. I think it was the year that LeBron‘s Cavaliers beat the Warriors in the finals my beloved boo-boo bear Klay left early without shaking anyone’s hand. It happens, people are human, guys are hurt and angry and disappointed. It might fit some kind of an ideal if guys had a stoic demeanor in every circumstance but that’s not real life. In real life people have emotions and it’s just not a big deal.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Agreed. I think it was the year that LeBron‘s Cavaliers beat the Warriors in the finals my beloved boo-boo bear Klay left early without shaking anyone’s hand. It happens, people are human, guys are hurt and angry and disappointed. It might fit some kind of an ideal if guys had a stoic demeanor in every circumstance but that’s not real life. In real life people have emotions and it’s just not a big deal.

Agree, but bron was lit up. Not a leader etc. so now hopefully they do kd now.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
eureca wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

He looked hobbled the whole series. Jumping off your healthy ankle on a fast break doesn't mean your right ankle is healthy. He also had a big fast break alley oop at the end of the regular season. Notice how all those bursts came on fast breaks where he had room to take off of one leg.

Fair points. It still doesn’t excuse the constant conversations with refs during play instead of getting back on defense. Or just not getting back on defense simply because he didn’t want to run down court.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Agree, but bron was lit up. Not a leader etc. so now hopefully they do kd now.

Ever since we lost folks here and elsewhere have been LeBron calling out for any and everything (“he didn’t use the right kind of coffee creamer on the game day morning!!!”). And I’m not even particularly a LeBron fan but I think people are doing the most shall we say LOL
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
eureca wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

LeBron injured his ankle in March. We were in June still talking about it while he was catching above the rim alley oops.

Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

He’s never had to, but hopefully kyrie and harden are gone for year. Let’s see what he can do.

Yeah LeBron never lead a team to victory without a hall of famer/future hall of famer/all-star on his team either. Do you keep that same energy when Davis went down and say "Lets see if LeBron can lead us to a Championship now without AD."

Seriously you're behaving like a Skip Bayless for Durant or something. Pretty much "Till he wins a championship or leads a team to a Championship without a Hall of Famer next to him he isn't legit!"

Well then you don't think Jordan or Kobe are legit. For the record, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love are future Hall of Famers, and even freaking Zydrunas Ilgauskas is a 2 time all-star. So don't even try that "Now that all his backup is injured he can prove himself as legit!" stuff. That's some ESPN Skip Bayless type arguments.

No different than the Lakers haters that if Pau had gotten hurt would go "Now let's see if Kobe can lead a team to a Championship that his all-star help is gone!"

Last edited by MJST on Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Looks like this years champs will most likely be fresh faces....with Brooklyn looking like they are hobbled with injuries, the championship is wide open.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
eureca wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
eureca wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Fair points. It still doesn’t excuse the constant conversations with refs during play instead of getting back on defense. Or just not getting back on defense simply because he didn’t want to run down court.

I always get angry watching Lebron not getting back on defense. Definitely agree there. For the most part I did think Lebron kept playing in game 6. He had a bad stretch, but he was part of making a run and they did have a chance to get it close they just couldn't get any closer.

I am not currently holding on to any anger towards Lebron. I get angry at the time and for the most part try to let it go.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

KD's body language was terrible in the 4th, flopping everywhere for foul calls, head down, 0-4 and scoreless.

*Crickets on LG
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
eureca wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

LeBron injured his ankle in March. We were in June still talking about it while he was catching above the rim alley oops.

Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Yeah LeBron never lead a team to victory without a hall of famer/future hall of famer/all-star on his team either. Do you keep that same energy when Davis went down and say "Lets see if LeBron can lead us to a Championship now without AD."

Seriously you're behaving like a Skip Bayless for Durant or something. Pretty much "Till he wins a championship or leads a team to a Championship without a Hall of Famer next to him he isn't legit!"

Well then you don't think Jordan or Kobe are legit. For the record, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love are future Hall of Famers, and even freaking Zydrunas Ilgauskas is a 2 time all-star. So don't even try that "Now that all his backup is injured he can prove himself as legit!" stuff. That's some ESPN Skip Bayless type arguments.

No different than the Lakers haters that if Pau had gotten hurt would go "Now let's see if Kobe can lead a team to a Championship that his all-star help is gone!"

Unfortunately their careers are different. Kd has never led a team period. He quit on one team to join the team that beat him. Then he joined kyrie and needed harden. That’s all. Hopefully kyrie and harden are done for playoffs. Let’s see how he does. Bron took lesser team to finals.

I wish kyrie and harden were gone to start playoffs . That would be better gauge.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

So the Bogdanoviches finals still has a chance
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
So the Bogdanoviches finals still has a chance

That would be hilarious but the Hawks have no chance of beating the Sixers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 433, 434, 435  Next
Page 84 of 435
Jump to: