Aldridge to Lakers? (Nope he joins BKN)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject:

Banish this dude's name. There is no "LA" in "LMA."
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aldridge, Irving, Durant, Griffin and Harden WOW!! Holy juggernaut Batman.

Yippee for them. Who f**N cares. No one plays defense on that team. At least we have a team that can defend.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

Instead of being Kobe’s Pau, he’s now on the bench.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Boy Broussard's take on LMA's defense...egad. Nick clarified things for him.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-4FPlDo3P4

Boy Broussard's take on LMA's defense...egad. Nick clarified things for him.

So ridiculous how that Brandon dude always uses the "from a players perspective" to make any take he has more legitimate. It's like diarrhea is just free flowing from his mouth anytime I see a segment with him. If the Nets are thinking the same thing that he's a legitimate great rim protector (even in limited minutes haha) they are going to be in a very sad surprise

LMA will absolutely be a threat in the mid range especially with all the weapons he'll share the court with but I don't think there's a single NBA player that is intimidated by LMA's "rim protection".
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:41 am    Post subject:

I liked LMA for the spacing. The Lakers offense is 18th, their D is #1. Sure, a lot of that is AD and Bron not being full 100% involved, but we have some spacing issues. Even when Bron-AD were playing, I recall our O being in the 12-14 range.

For Drummond to work, we need AD to be able to hit his jumper like he was in the bubble. And for Andre to be a constant lob and post up threat. We have to use him, not ignore him like we did McGee-Dwight. He is so much more of a scoring threat than those two, so we would be pretty foolish to ignore him.

But teams will zone us, and pack the paint, dare Dennis, KCP, AD to shoot in the playoffs. KCP has been inconsistent shooting, but is a solid 3 baller. I trust KCP will make his shots as he is a pretty good shooter. Dennis has been poor at shooting the ball from outside. AD as well has been poor from outside. All teams have to do on paper right now is leave AD and Dennis off the ball and go help inside.

To make the Dre, AD, Bron lineup work, we need 2 high quality shooters next to them. KCP could be one, and Dennis needs to step up his game from outside, or we need to use someone that can shoot that 3. As well, AD has to get back to his in the bubble shooting. The only thing I liked about LMA, we would not need as much shooting from Dennis-AD as we do now with Andre.

Still, defensively. Man, I can not wait. I just hope on offense, Frank either adopts a lineup with a backcourt that can space the floor very well for Dre-AD-Bron or Dennis+AD step up their 3 ball shooting big time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject:

AD's shooting will be back in playoffs like last season. Both Bron and AD has another gear left in playoffs. Hopefully, they will be 100% fit. Dre gives back the defensive identity Lakers had last season as a physical team that protects the rim with AD-Dwight.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject:

We didn't need this guy and Nets didn't need him either. They don't improve as a team by adding him, because he doesn't solve the issues they have.

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: