Aldridge to Lakers? (Nope he joins BKN)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Would rather sign Drummond and have Marc Gasol as backup 5 and Montrezl Harrell at backup 4. So that'd take up whatever positions Aldridge could fill. Deems Miami is the front runners anyway.

If the Lakers didn't sign Drummond than I'd take LmA as backup 4 of course aND Harrell at backup 5 but it has to be one or the other. If we get drummond we don't need LmA if we don't get Drummond then LMA is a solid get for backup 4 behind AD.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Would rather sign Drummond and have Marc Gasol as backup 5 and Montrezl Harrell at backup 4. So that'd take up whatever positions Aldridge could fill. Deems Miami is the front runners anyway.

If the Lakers didn't sign Drummond than I'd take LmA as backup 4 of course aND Harrell at backup 5 but it has to be one or the other. If we get drummond we don't need LmA if we don't get Drummond then LMA is a solid get for backup 4 behind AD.

Aldridge and Harrell will be terrible on the defense and rebound
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Tbh, id rather us get Dieng than LMA at this point. Drummond / Dieng > LMA for me
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
Tbh, id rather us get Dieng than LMA at this point. Drummond / Dieng > LMA for me

Yep. And put Jones in that list above him, too.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

I cant imagine we would want LA. He is a poor poor mans AD.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

Yep. And put Jones in that list above him, too.

Definitely. If there was no bigs in buyout market, i was more than happy to settle with Jones. He has his faults, but noone else in the roster provides the things he gives us (except AD).
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

Would we accept LMA as a consolation prize if no Drummond?
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Aldridge and Harrell will be terrible on the defense and rebound

How is LMA mid range this season? He’s usually money and would be our most consistent mid range shooter, at least based on what I remember last season.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Would we accept LMA as a consolation prize if no Drummond?

Only if we strike out on drummond, dieng and jones. Even then, im not so sure if we need to add another big.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

I really like Lamarcus in the Lakers, I know I’m in a minority here. People say defensively he does not have it, but one thing we can’t ignore is size and length and the skills he posses. After Gasol, LA will be the the tallest in the team. We really lack a post man that we can dump the ball to and will get us a good shot, LA will surely provide that skillset for us. In the playoff, spreading the floor will be key to open drives to LBJ and AD, I can see him playing that role very well. With Vogel at the helm I’m surely think he can use that length properly.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

He's going to MIA, but I'd take Aldridge if need be. I'd personally go with Drummond and Dieng over him, but he's a big body at the very least. Dunno whether you'd start him or Marc
#18 next...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
I really like Lamarcus in the Lakers, I know I’m in a minority here. People say defensively he does not have it, but one thing we can’t ignore is size and length and the skills he posses. After Gasol, LA will be the the tallest in the team. We really lack a post man that we can dump the ball to and will get us a good shot, LA will surely provide that skillset for us. In the playoff, spreading the floor will be key to open drives to LBJ and AD, I can see him playing that role very well. With Vogel at the helm I’m surely think he can use that length properly.

if he were the last and only option Im sure he would help.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

LMA to BKN
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
He's going to MIA, but I'd take Aldridge if need be. I'd personally go with Drummond and Dieng over him, but he's a big body at the very least. Dunno whether you'd start him or Marc

What's his connection to Miami? I'd hate to have a Type A personality like Spoelstra yelling at me.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

SportsCenter
@SportsCenter
·
13m
Breaking: LaMarcus Aldridge plans to sign with the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell
@wojespn
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Damn, LMA as washed up as he is, as your 8th guy
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

He'll be their starting 4 so that Durant no longer has to play it. He or Blake Griffin will lock up the 4 position so Durant can stay at the 3, and Joe Harris will now come off the bench.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Another player who can't defend for the Nets.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

The offensive firepower is crazy though. LMA is one of the most automatic midrange shooters I've seen, and he'll be wide open every play.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

The offensive firepower is crazy though. LMA is one of the most automatic midrange shooters I've seen, and he'll be wide open every play.
mrrnr
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Barry Jackson: Aldridge opting for Nets is a stunner. Heat expected to add him and had received indications there was good chance of it happening. Heat will continue to look for help in buyout market
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
governator wrote:

He'll be their starting 4 so that Durant no longer has to play it. He or Blake Griffin will lock up the 4 position so Durant can stay at the 3, and Joe Harris will now come off the bench.

Yup. As an aside MJST, I think you mentioned the other day why posters here ask "why does the Nets get more help?" after the same folks did not want LMA.

Oddly enough, I found myself thinking similarly - which was I did not want LMA here, but felt "sheesh, Nets got another guy that can score?" when they got him.

I imagine others may have had the same thought process (or something similar) - assuming the reports I've read / articles I've read are true, he is a horrific defender at this point. We know Vog will bench him. As a result I dismissed his value for this team.

But for the Nets? Well now, they appear to be very much of the mindset of just chuck enough missiles at you and try to stop us. As for defense? We will figure it out.

So he went to a team that in many ways mirrored his strengths and weakness...at least statistically he can still be a decent scorer. As for D? Brooklyn doesnt care it appears. With him and Griffin they got two guys who are more name value, and possibly some offense (albeit Blake maybe not so much) and have little value on defense.

So they just keep doubling, tripling, etc. down on that philosophy...seeing that was like "geez, exactly how much you guys need??" I suppose they increased their chances that at least 1 of their 4-5 starting guys who have a history of being able to score will be able to score at any one time, regardless of an opposing D.

Just my 2 cents, not sure if it answers you query from another post.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
governator wrote:

Yup. As an aside MJST, I think you mentioned the other day why posters here ask "why does the Nets get more help?" after the same folks did not want LMA.

Oddly enough, I found myself thinking similarly - which was I did not want LMA here, but felt "sheesh, Nets got another guy that can score?" when they got him.

I imagine others may have had the same thought process (or something similar) - assuming the reports I've read / articles I've read are true, he is a horrific defender at this point. We know Vog will bench him. As a result I dismissed his value for this team.

But for the Nets? Well now, they appear to be very much of the mindset of just chuck enough missiles at you and try to stop us. As for defense? We will figure it out.

So he went to a team that in many ways mirrored his strengths and weakness...at least statistically he can still be a decent scorer. As for D? Brooklyn doesnt care it appears. With him and Griffin they got two guys who are more name value, and possibly some offense (albeit Blake maybe not so much) and have little value on defense.

So they just keep doubling, tripling, etc. down on that philosophy...seeing that was like "geez, exactly how much you guys need??" I suppose they increased their chances that at least 1 of their 4-5 starting guys who have a history of being able to score will be able to score at any one time, regardless of an opposing D.

Just my 2 cents, not sure if it answers you query from another post.

I'll be happy that Joe Harris minutes and touches will decrease, that kid can shoot the lights out. LMA and Blake can shoot all they wnat, they will not be accurate as Joe, which is a good thing for their opponents.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

Aldridge, Irving, Durant, Griffin and Harden WOW!! Holy juggernaut Batman.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: