What are you most looking forward to & what are your plans for after COVID?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you most looking forward to & what are your plans for after COVID?

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Why Six Flags Magic Mountain? It sucks once you’ve been on all of the rides. Rundown mess.

I haven't been in 20 years. Is it really that bad?

I’m from Santa Clarita. The park is good for thrill seekers, but the general ambience and cleanliness is nothing like Disneyland, Universal Studios, or Sea World. Just has a really sketchy vibe and not much to do other than the rides. Hurricane Harbor is worse because they don’t change the water for the entire season...

They’ve also been charging me my monthly season pass fee during the year long COVID shutdown...

The bolded is why I prefer Six Flags. Disneyland is a full day of crap. But if you go to Six Flags when the kids are in school (weekday any season but summer). You can get on all the best rides and be in and out of there. Most of the time they have some deal for buy 1 get 1 free.
X is dope. Love the rotating seats.
Disneyland is catered for kids. Did have a great time there for HS grad night though. Had that park and California adventure rented out for us. No lines. No annoying little kids. Late at night. It was nice.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you most looking forward to & what are your plans for after COVID?

kikanga wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Why Six Flags Magic Mountain? It sucks once you’ve been on all of the rides. Rundown mess.

I’m from Santa Clarita. The park is good for thrill seekers, but the general ambience and cleanliness is nothing like Disneyland, Universal Studios, or Sea World. Just has a really sketchy vibe and not much to do other than the rides. Hurricane Harbor is worse because they don’t change the water for the entire season...

They’ve also been charging me my monthly season pass fee during the year long COVID shutdown...

The bolded is why I prefer Six Flags. Disneyland is a full day of crap. But if you go to Six Flags when the kids are in school (weekday any season but summer). You can get on all the best rides and be in and out of there. Most of the time they have some deal for buy 1 get 1 free.
Disneyland is catered for kids. Did have a great time there for HS grad night though. Had that park and California adventure rented out for us. No lines. No annoying little kids. Late at night. It was nice.

Oh Grad Night at Disneyland was the best. Probably the highlight of all the senior activities for me.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you most looking forward to & what are your plans for after COVID?

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Oh Grad Night at Disneyland was the best. Probably the highlight of all the senior activities for me.

How is it even profitable to do that for the park?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you most looking forward to & what are your plans for after COVID?

CandyCanes wrote:

They do it on a night when the park would normally be closed at 8 or 10pm or whatever. They don't have a full staff there. Alot of the shops are closed, some of the less popular rides for HS seniors too (stuff for really young kids that has to be manned). I remember getting there late at night and leaving the next morning before sunrise.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you most looking forward to & what are your plans for after COVID?

kikanga wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

They do it on a night when the park would normally be closed at 8 or 10pm or whatever. They don't have a full staff there. Alot of the shops are closed, some of the less popular rides for HS seniors too (stuff for really young kids that has to be manned). I remember getting there late at night and leaving the next morning before sunrise.

I don't recall...we had to pay right?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: