Vanessa Bryant is the REAL MVP!!!! She’s Coming for Blood!!!!!🩸
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Al13 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Jail will be the safest place for them because now that Vanessa has posted their names there is no telling what could happen to them if the LA streets get to them first.

they might have to move to different city, maybe state, maybe country

Yeah they will not be safe. Don't wish violence upon them, but they brought this on themselves. Unfortunately, I can't say I feel sorry though. They probably do this kind of stuff ALL THE TIME (sharing gruesome photos of accidents, crime scenes), but this time got caught up because they messed with one strong AF woman who has major pull. Congratulations to Vanessa for exposing these (bleep).

to be fair though, apparently no one really cared until it was the biggest celebrity in california
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:46 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Jail will be the safest place for them because now that Vanessa has posted their names there is no telling what could happen to them if the LA streets get to them first.

Kobe's Legion does not (bleep) around
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Al13 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Yeah they will not be safe. Don't wish violence upon them, but they brought this on themselves. Unfortunately, I can't say I feel sorry though. They probably do this kind of stuff ALL THE TIME (sharing gruesome photos of accidents, crime scenes), but this time got caught up because they messed with one strong AF woman who has major pull. Congratulations to Vanessa for exposing these (bleep).

to be fair though, apparently no one really cared until it was the biggest celebrity in california

Sometimes it takes this type of spotlight to bring attention to a despicable practice. "Kobe fans" react because it was Kobe? Sadly, not a surprise.

My thought in reading some of these posts is how I wish we as a community had this same visceral reaction and outrage for despicable acts every day. For the drive-by murder of a child or the sex trafficking of a runaway, or any number of abusive or criminal acts we see on a daily basis.

Are there similar "can't hide anywhere" thoughts for every disturbing posting on social media"? For every scumbag victimizing someone?

Maybe that old saying of "it takes a village" should be expanded beyond school.

Apologize for the rant. That we are even having to discuss these a-holes sharing photos and the family having to deal with it is sickening. But it also seems really selective in a world of daily outrages that seem to get dismissed all too easily.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sometimes it takes this type of spotlight to bring attention to a despicable practice. "Kobe fans" react because it was Kobe? Sadly, not a surprise.

Very presumptuous of you.

Quote:
My thought in reading some of these posts is how I wish we as a community had this same visceral reaction and outrage for despicable acts every day. For the drive-by murder of a child or the sex trafficking of a runaway, or any number of abusive or criminal acts we see on a daily basis.

Again, very presumptuous of you.

Quote:
Are there similar "can't hide anywhere" thoughts for every disturbing posting on social media"? For every scumbag victimizing someone?

I'm sure there are, but I'm not everywhere on social media. Are you?

Quote:

And maybe you should get over yourself.

Quote:
Apologize for the rant. That we are even having to discuss these a-holes sharing photos and the family having to deal with it is sickening. But it also seems really selective in a world of daily outrages that seem to get dismissed all too easily.

Your whole sub-shading rant is very selective and intellectually dishonest. You actually don't have a problem with what those cops did. But instead of just standing on your square and SAYING that, you want to gaslight people for not being outraged over ALL the ills of the world....LIKE YOU WOULD KNOW what different things outrage people. It just so happens we're talking about Kobe right now, and for some reason, that bothers you.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

Very presumptuous of you.

Quote:

Again, very presumptuous of you.

Quote:

I'm sure there are, but I'm not everywhere on social media. Are you?

Quote:

And maybe you should get over yourself.

Quote:

Your whole sub-shading rant is very selective and intellectually dishonest. You actually don't have a problem with what those cops did. But instead of just standing on your square and SAYING that, you want to gaslight people for not being outraged over ALL the ills of the world....LIKE YOU WOULD KNOW what different things outrage people. It just so happens we're talking about Kobe right now, and for some reason, that bothers you.

Wouldn’t it be considered presumptuous of you to tell me how I think and motives for my statements?

And to your false statement. I do have a big problem with what the cops did.

And in all honesty, I find it frustrating that I feel the need to have to state that to offset your false accusations. But that is on me.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Wouldn’t it be considered presumptuous of you to tell me how I think and motives for my statements?

Why, yes it would be presumptuous of me. Does that offend you? How does it feel when someone PRESUMES how you feel or don't feel about things.

Quote:
And to your false statement. I do have a big problem with what the cops did.

Awww...doesn't feel so good when people presume something about you, does it??

Quote:
And in all honesty, I find it frustrating that I feel the need to have to state that to offset your false accusations. But that is on me.

Well, maybe you shouldn't be so presumptuous on what does or doesn't outrage people. Because clearly you can dish it out, but can't take it.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"Kobe fans" react because it was Kobe? Sadly, not a surprise.

You make it sound like nobody cares his 13 year old daughter died the same way. And the cops had photos of her too. And I’m sure the cops took photos of the other victims, which included 2 other girls under the age of 15.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

Obviously a sensitive subject. Obviously I stepped over a line for some with my rant.

No productive way to end this but to say my thoughts and prayers are with all victims of tragedies and I share the desire for justice for those wronged.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

My thoughts and prayers are with people who can stay on topic.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
kwase wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Al13 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Exactly. They had surely done this before and, moreover, this is probably part of the department culture. The city needs to crack down on this, especially since this epic failure of police leadership is going to cost the city taxpayers a great deal of money. Hopefully Vanessa’s case will open up other instances and those victimized families can get a class action suit going.

I highly doubt it. Cops literally get away with murder in this country. No other country but America allows their police to operate with immunity. They get slaps on the wrist for murdering people in their own homes. Don't expect anything to come from this.

They lose immunity because Leaking photos is not their job. They can be sued outside of their job and lose personal cash.

That's true, but they can start a GoFundMe page and raise enough money to cover those losses. The cop who murdered George Floyd raised enough money to pay for his bond, which was $100,000. There are a lot of evil people in this country, and some of them have deep pockets.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

this case is not nearly as polarizing as the George Floyd one. I doubt theres people lining up to defend/support these cops.
But either way GREAT news if these cops are being sued in a private capacity where they have to pay for their own defense and cant just use the County and/or unions to handle this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: