ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject:

I can’t wait to watch Lebron and Andre together 💪🏀💪🏀💪🏀
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:58 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Again I commend Pelinka for realizing the mistake they made by not prioritizing and letting Dwight go...by signing Drummond. They realized no way they win the title with Gasol and Trez. Drummond is a great up grade to the point were Vogel wants to keep him long term. This makes AD’s job easier were he doesn’t need to hang against bigs when he comes back. Sure he may play some minutes at 5....but with AD2 who moves his feet well you can spare AD. Outstanding job Rob and because of this move u just about sealed a repeat!!!! Kudos!!!

LOL there was absolutely no mistake and people insisting this are not paying attention:

1. Dwight decided to leave and sign with the sixers
2. Dwight leaving did not impact our defense negatively in any way
3. Both marc and trez are better than dwight
4. It’s well known by gm’s that there will be an abundance of bigs in this year’s buyout season. Same reason why dedmon was signed only after everyone else. Pelinka simply waited for the best big to be available.

Pelinka was on top of this since day 1.

Keep telling yourself that....Sam Amick reported the FO realized the mistake they made when they signed Gasol....Dwight was huge for them last year and the reason the FO atoned for their mistake and got Drummond. Your clueless but thanks for playing. Pelinka realized the mistake....Vogel is on record saying Drummond is here for the long haul. No way in hell they win the title with Gasol as the starting center and the FO realized that. Again I commend Rob on recognizing a mistake.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject:

Remember how we went from:

1. we don't need any more bigs.
2. ok, we really need bigs.
3. now, ok, we have too many good bigs when AD comes back.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

This is exciting, as is AD1. We make a lot of Davis on the closing lineup, but how impossible is it for Drummond to close or even play 30mpg regardless of which minutes? We don't consider the upside of Davis not having to anchor and being able to wreak havoc. He gave guys space often on the perimeter before the injury, this won't be the case with Drummond behind him. Both of them shoot passing lanes and get steals, and Davis is a dominant shot blocker off ball. We should be as excited for the AD pairing, and of course all 3 when on the court together.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

I'm telling you, no team is going to outrebound us. And AD2 is a more ground bound defender, but imagine trying to get around him knowing that AD is going to protect the rim behind him (and even LBJ too).

We are once again, a physically imposing and dominant team once our stars come back.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

This is exciting, as is AD1. We make a lot of Davis on the closing lineup, but how impossible is it for Drummond to close or even play 30mpg regardless of which minutes? We don't consider the upside of Davis not having to anchor and being able to wreak havoc. He gave guys space often on the perimeter before the injury, this won't be the case with Drummond behind him. Both of them shoot passing lanes and get steals, and Davis is a dominant shot blocker off ball. We should be as excited for the AD pairing, and of course all 3 when on the court together.

I was literally going to post almost this exact same thing.

The only issue I see with closing with Drum is his free throw shooting.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Again I commend Pelinka for realizing the mistake they made by not prioritizing and letting Dwight go...by signing Drummond. They realized no way they win the title with Gasol and Trez. Drummond is a great up grade to the point were Vogel wants to keep him long term. This makes AD’s job easier were he doesn’t need to hang against bigs when he comes back. Sure he may play some minutes at 5....but with AD2 who moves his feet well you can spare AD. Outstanding job Rob and because of this move u just about sealed a repeat!!!! Kudos!!!

LOL there was absolutely no mistake and people insisting this are not paying attention:

4. It’s well known by gm’s that there will be an abundance of bigs in this year’s buyout season. Same reason why dedmon was signed only after everyone else. Pelinka simply waited for the best big to be available.

Keep telling yourself that....Sam Amick reported the FO realized the mistake they made when they signed Gasol....Dwight was huge for them last year and the reason the FO atoned for their mistake and got Drummond. Your clueless but thanks for playing. Pelinka realized the mistake....Vogel is on record saying Drummond is here for the long haul. No way in hell they win the title with Gasol as the starting center and the FO realized that. Again I commend Rob on recognizing a mistake.

Amick reported about lakers disappointment on Gasol, not “letting dwight go is a mistake”. Way to twist words to fit your narrative. And we wouldve still signed Drummond even if we have dwight instead of marc. 35 year old dwight howard is not any more a starter for a championship squad than marc is.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Amick reported about lakers disappointment on Gasol, not “letting dwight go is a mistake”. Way to twist words to fit your narrative. And we wouldve still signed Drummond even if we have dwight instead of marc. 35 year old dwight howard is not any more a starter for a championship squad than marc is.

Okay...thanks for your input
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject:

Why are we still talking about Dwight?

Drummond is a much better version.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Your argument hinges on that one amick report. Either you misinterpreted it or you drew an incorrect conclusion and ran with it. Maybe take the quotes on face value next time instead of trying to read beyond the lines which clearly isnt one of your strong suits.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Your argument hinges on that one amick report. Either you misinterpreted it or you drew an incorrect conclusion and ran with it. Maybe take the quotes on face value next time instead of trying to read beyond the lines which clearly isnt one of your strong suits.

Sam Amick said they were disappointed in Gasol....Vogel said they needed rim protection and interior defense. Do the math Einstein. Never heard a complaint about Dwight last year...If anything praise. That ship has sailed. Again they got Drummond cuz they realized Gasol didn’t cut it. That’s it...no more to this. No need to respond...agree to disagree. Pelinka realized a weakness and took action.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

We have a better center in Drummond, I don't care about Dwight anymore.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

Finally, Drummond showed up. Love how he took it to Aldridge and the rest of the Nets.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Finally, Drummond showed up. Love how he took it to Aldridge and the rest of the Nets.

what do you mean "finally" he showed up? do you mean, finally the Laker have him on the team to help or do you mean, finally the dude did something good.

If its the latter, keep in mind, he's played like 3 games.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

question, so yeah i know there is only so much we can offer drummond (mid level at $9M?) but can we go into luxury tax territory and sign him for more, if needed?

i know the tax is brutal, but didn't jeanie say she was willing to pay it if a player is a key piece? i'd think drumond qualifies as a "key piece" depending on how he does with us this season.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
question, so yeah i know there is only so much we can offer drummond (mid level at $9M?) but can we go into luxury tax territory and sign him for more, if needed?

i know the tax is brutal, but didn't jeanie say she was willing to pay it if a player is a key piece? i'd think drumond qualifies as a "key piece" depending on how he does with us this season.

All we can offer is the mini-MLE which is around $6M - irrespective of the luxury tax. The only way we can offer more is if we gut the team i.e. no DS, KCP, Kuz, Kieff

Last edited by ThePageDude on Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

what do you mean "finally" he showed up? do you mean, finally the Laker have him on the team to help or do you mean, finally the dude did something good.

Not only that, but he also got injured in his first game - after having not played in a game for over a month. NBA players are incredible athletes, but they still need time to get into "game shape", acclimating to playing with new teammates, and understanding new offensive/defensive schemes.

The silver lining to Bron/AD being out right now so that Drummond can be a larger focal point on offense to get his rhythm and timing back and assert himself within the system. Once they get back, it should hopefully translate to much easier looks for Drummond even though his usage rate will decrease.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

All we can offer is the mini-MLE which is around $6M - irrespective of the luxury tax. The only way we can offer more is if we gut the team i.e. no DS, KCP, Kieff, Gasol

You know it is possible we lose DS to more money...KCP maybe traded...Kief we have bird rights and Gasol may retire. I know it's a stretch...but if Drummond makes a big difference and really likes it here (it appears he does), then maybe Pelinka gets creative and get him more $ and there are also numerous endorsement deals he could get here. Wishful thinking on my part.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

All we can offer is the mini-MLE which is around $6M - irrespective of the luxury tax. The only way we can offer more is if we gut the team i.e. no DS, KCP, Kieff, Gasol

Signing Drummond has now created an interesting decision for Rob (or so I think). Both he and DS are still young enough to sign at least 1 more hefty contract. DS hasn't taken it to the next level in Bron/AD's absence. Perhaps if Drummond continues strong and proves to be a good fit with Bron/AD, Rob prioritizes keeping Drummond over DS?

Agree that there is no way we can keep both without a bench full of minimum players. Rob is doing an amazing job, but we can't reasonably expect him to fill out a championship caliber bench with Markieff Morris-type bargains.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

You know it is possible we lose DS to more money...KCP maybe traded...Kief we have bird rights and Gasol may retire. I know it's a stretch...but if Drummond makes a big difference and really likes it here (it appears he does), then maybe Pelinka gets creative and get him more $ and there are also numerous endorsement deals he could get here. Wishful thinking on my part.

Even with what you're saying it's not going to work because of something called "cap holds". See below:

LBJ + AD + Deng = 41 + 35 + 5 = 81
Kieff = 3 (cap hold)
Kuz = 13 (cap hold)
THT = 2 (cap hold)
AC = 3 (cap hold)
DS , KCP, Harrell, Gasol, McKinnie, Dudley, Wes = 0 (either gone or traded for $0 or retired)
Empty Roster Charges = 7 * 0.9 = 6 (cap-holds)
--------
Total = 108 against a cap of 109

Which means the most Drummond can be paid is $6 million, UNLESS, IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE Kuz is also traded for $0. If Kuz too is dumped then yes Drummond could be paid $14 million.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

Yeah, there is no way this works unless Drummond takes the full 6m, and then tries to stick long term with the Lakers having his Early Bird Rights the next offseason. Then, it's what, 175% of the previous season so it's only 10.5m we could offer in the 2022 offseason to him.

He's going to look really good on this team when LBJ/AD return. He looked great against the Nets. Some team is going to easily triple the 6m on him this offseason.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Even with what you're saying it's not going to work because of something called "cap holds". See below:

LBJ + AD + Deng = 41 + 35 + 5 = 81
Kieff = 3 (cap hold)
Kuz = 13 (cap hold)
THT = 2 (cap hold)
AC = 3 (cap hold)
DS , KCP, Harrell, Gasol, McKinnie, Dudley, Wes = 0 (either gone or traded for $0 or retired)
Empty Roster Charges = 7 * 0.9 = 6 (cap-holds)
--------
Total = 108 against a cap of 109

Which means the most Drummond can be paid is $6 million, UNLESS, IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE Kuz is also traded for $0. If Kuz too is dumped then yes Drummond could be paid $14 million.

I guess you can try to be hardcapped this year as well and offer him the full MLE. Not a good plan though.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

What i mean is that i did not think he should have taken as many games off as he did for the toenail given that the Lakers were already missing Bron and AD. Some may say that's unfair, but DS was hobbling out there last night and still playing prior to the ejection. With that said, i think he fits well when AD and Bron return and brings us exactly what we needed in terms of rebounding and a paint protector (i was not convinced Marc could consistently be effective in the same role given his age).
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

Can't wait to see the sexy double D's defense. When is AD1 coming back?
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

All we can offer is the mini-MLE which is around $6M - irrespective of the luxury tax. The only way we can offer more is if we gut the team i.e. no DS, KCP, Kuz, Kieff

Id gladly get rid of all of he above including Caruso to keep drummond.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 54 of 81
Jump to: