ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

The Knicks have a pretty easy path to adding Drummond and have a Center rotation of Mitchell Robinson and Nerlens Noel, both of whom lack the weight to battle Embiid.

It feels like ending up on the Knicks is a pretty big possibility. And if Drummond goes there in trade, they keep his bird rights and have deep pockets. So that would be a pretty good situation for him too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The Knicks have a pretty easy path to adding Drummond and have a Center rotation of Mitchell Robinson and Nerlens Noel, both of whom lack the weight to battle Embiid.

It feels like ending up on the Knicks is a pretty big possibility. And if Drummond goes there in trade, they keep his bird rights and have deep pockets. So that would be a pretty good situation for him too.

Yup, that would be a good landing spot for him, especially if they're not keen on extending Mitchell Robinson who will be a RFA this upcoming offseason IIRC.

Jules/Drummond frontline is pretty physical.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

I see the Knicks as a strong possibility as well, but if he wants to win not sure he can rely on the Knicks, let’s see if money is more important then winning for him cause he’s been on a lot of rebuilding teams since he’s been in the NBA.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Just to add to the pessimism in here, Drummond follows Harden and KD on social media, but not AD or Lebron.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Landing with LA or Brooklyn on a buyout means he heads into the offseason without bird rights, playing for a team that will have nothing more than the taxpayer-MLE. The Knicks paid Bobby Portis and Taj Gibson a combined $24 million last year as placeholders.

Drummond doesn't really have a say on whether he is a Knick or not. If he's dealt there, that's where he will play. The biggest questions is whether the Knicks will be forward looking (Barrett, Robinson, Toppin, Quickley, Knox) or make moves to become a second round playoff team. We know what Thibs wants. Rose may not want to put himself behind the 're-sign him' eight ball.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Our only hope is if he doesn't care about money

Mr. Drummond is a man of means, remember. Unlikely for him to give up penthouse living.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

AD-Gasol-D.Jones-Trez is still better than any other team’s center combo, Drummond is cherry on top, let’s go, take down this Brooklyn super team
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Mr. Drummond is a man of means, remember. Unlikely for him to give up penthouse living.

But along come two (LBJ+AD)...
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

I've heard that Pelinka was his former agent and he fired him? If that's true why will he negotiate with someone he fired years ago?
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
I've heard that Pelinka was his former agent and he fired him? If that's true why will he negotiate with someone he fired years ago?

Just read that. Happened in 2014 so maybe time has healed all wounds? Surprise this doesn’t get brought up more.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

But along come two (LBJ+AD)...

LBJ and AD do have the genes that help them to acclimate to new situations.

Jeanie = older, inclusive white sis who grew up monied and slightly naive.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject:

If Drummond comes, I'm willing to give him pure ownership to the AD moniker.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Whatever you gotta go, just get Drummond.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

Drummond has positives, but when the playoffs are on the line, we need to have AD at the 5, if we want to max out our potential and impact on both ends.

We need someone to give us 10-12 minutes at the 5, so that AD can rest in games, especially against physical 5s. This is where I see Drummond's postseason value. Question then becomes, do we have better impact with Gasol spacing the floor and some passing, or Drummond as a lob threat. For all the talk, last postseason we barely used our 5s in that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Drummond has positives, but when the playoffs are on the line, we need to have AD at the 5, if we want to max out our potential and impact on both ends.

We need someone to give us 10-12 minutes at the 5, so that AD can rest in games, especially against physical 5s. This is where I see Drummond's postseason value. Question then becomes, do we have better impact with Gasol spacing the floor and some passing, or Drummond as a lob threat. For all the talk, last postseason we barely used our 5s in that way.

If we talking playoff, AD-Bron front court, DS-prob AC back court, then best to get a 6'7"-6'8" 3&D to back up KCP, unless we good with Kuz/Wes/THT
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

Yeah not seeing how this happens. Guy is young and would already be giving up money in a buyout, Brooklyn can offer more cash and they could just as easily promise him a starting spot and just move Blake to PF.

He could easily win a title there or here, so that isn't a selling point. Unless he is a big LBJ or AD fan, or wants to be in the West Coast for some reason (which is unlikely) we are better off if he doesn't get bought out.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

If we talking playoff, AD-Bron front court, DS-prob AC back court, then best to get a 6'7"-6'8" 3&D to back up KCP, unless we good with Kuz/Wes/THT

I agree if there is a move needed to be made, it is to lock up a wing that can do what KCP does well, only on a consistent basis, as KCP has struggled with consistency and asserting himself.

We have a couple of strong lineups that we do not use that much, due to the situation we have faced so far.

But the AD-Bron-KCP-Caruso-Dennis lineup, is a lineup that does many things. Sub KCP for THT, and you get even more versatility on both ends. However I am definitely open for an upgrade over KCP.

Everything begin and ends with having a fully engaged motivated and healthy AD. He has not been right all season, and its time to get him right. Once we do, the Lakers have the best superstar combo in the league, with so many defensive role players that fill in the parts around them, I think it will be good to see us at that kind of strength, because we just have not seen that this year.

Meanwhile, right now, develop that 2nd unit chemistry with Dennis, Trez etc so that in playoff games, you can trust them. Dennis the aggressor, Trez as well, around the basket. I like that since AD went down, Dennis has upped his aggression. We need to develop those Trez-Dennis 2nd unit minutes such that in postseason, it works out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Meanwhile, right now, develop that 2nd unit chemistry with Dennis, Trez etc so that in playoff games, you can trust them. Dennis the aggressor, Trez as well, around the basket. I like that since AD went down, Dennis has upped his aggression. We need to develop those Trez-Dennis 2nd unit minutes such that in postseason, it works out.

With this roster, we should not be losing the non-Lebron minutes. That issue needs to be fixed before the playoffs begin.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

As mentioned above, Lakers fans should be hoping that the Knicks get him in a trade. If he's bought out, he ain't coming here. He provides a ton of value to the Nets (likely more than he provides us). They're a mediocre defense away from being heavy favorites.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

Someone mentioned Gilbert pettiness...Baron’s experience:

Quote:
I remember Dan Gilbert sent a message to me he wouldn’t let me out my deal if I went to play with LEBRON!!! Facts. He knew that where I was going so they played hardball... he said if I went to play with LEBRON he would win a title. I told him LEBRON gonna win one anyway. 🤦🏾‍♂️

https://twitter.com/barondavis/status/1369315693435363328?s=21
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Someone mentioned Gilbert pettiness...Baron’s experience:

Quote:
I remember Dan Gilbert sent a message to me he wouldn’t let me out my deal if I went to play with LEBRON!!! Facts. He knew that where I was going so they played hardball... he said if I went to play with LEBRON he would win a title. I told him LEBRON gonna win one anyway. 🤦🏾‍♂️

https://twitter.com/barondavis/status/1369315693435363328?s=21

So Dan wouldn't buy out Drummond to join LeBron, but would he be ok if Drummond joined Durant, Harden, Kyrie?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

Dan Gilbert will buy out Drummond to spite Lebron, knowing Drummond will join the Nets. Pettiness about to come full circle.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

(bleep) Dan Gilbert. (bleep) clown.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Dan Gilbert will buy out Drummond to spite Lebron, knowing Drummond will join the Nets. Pettiness about to come full circle.

Spiting the player who brought your franchise its one ring...

ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

For Drummond - joining a championship team to rebuild his value makes sense to me. He can leverage his performance on either the Lakers or Nets for more dollars in the offseason - similar to Rondo.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 3 of 81
Jump to: