View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
I have no doubt, Muley, that you served as Mark-Paul's 2nd adult male role model behind Mr. Belding.

I would say 3rd, behind Mr. Belding and Mr. Tuttle.

I’m not a matador, so take the bull outside.

Sorry, Mule. Just funnin.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Seems the rest of the cast is pretty tight and his combination of personal issues and lashing out at them left him on the outs. Too bad.

I think Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle) was also a bit on the outs as well. I think they've only recently mended fences, but she's definitely not as tight as the others.

While Dustin definitely wasn't close with the others, it seems like the chasm was lessening. Been listening to Mark-Paul Gosselar's podcast recently and he's been pretty positive and toward Dustin.

Shame they'll never get to fully mend the fences.

Mark-Paul is one the most sincerely decent people I have come to know in the business. He makes a genuine effort to embrace everyone he works with.

They may not be able to mend fences at this point, but I believe MPG is helping his fellow cast-mates do the next best thing.

That’s great to hear. I used to work with his sister who was super cool so he was definitely surrounded by good family.

I’ve ran into him a few times growing up as he is from the Santa Clarita valley and he wasn’t the most friendly of people. This was pre-NYPD blue when he seemed to have trouble shaking the Zack Morris typecast.

Glad to see him doing so well in the business nowadays.

I’m loving his ‘Zack to the Future’ podcasts. Was really holding out hope that Dustin would’ve been one of his future guests but now that can never happen

This is rather surprising to me considering MPG was estranged from his mom over $$$ he made as a child actor they have since mended fences

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/mark-paul-gosselaar-reveals-why-he-fired-his-mom-1197213
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
I have no doubt, Muley, that you served as Mark-Paul's 2nd adult male role model behind Mr. Belding.

I know . . . that's a Belding line.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Seems the rest of the cast is pretty tight and his combination of personal issues and lashing out at them left him on the outs. Too bad.

I think Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle) was also a bit on the outs as well. I think they've only recently mended fences, but she's definitely not as tight as the others.

While Dustin definitely wasn't close with the others, it seems like the chasm was lessening. Been listening to Mark-Paul Gosselar's podcast recently and he's been pretty positive and toward Dustin.

Shame they'll never get to fully mend the fences.

Mark-Paul is one the most sincerely decent people I have come to know in the business. He makes a genuine effort to embrace everyone he works with.

They may not be able to mend fences at this point, but I believe MPG is helping his fellow cast-mates do the next best thing.

That’s great to hear. I used to work with his sister who was super cool so he was definitely surrounded by good family.

I’ve ran into him a few times growing up as he is from the Santa Clarita valley and he wasn’t the most friendly of people. This was pre-NYPD blue when he seemed to have trouble shaking the Zack Morris typecast.

Glad to see him doing so well in the business nowadays.

I’m loving his ‘Zack to the Future’ podcasts. Was really holding out hope that Dustin would’ve been one of his future guests but now that can never happen

This is rather surprising to me considering MPG was estranged from his mom over $$$ he made as a child actor they have since mended fences

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/mark-paul-gosselaar-reveals-why-he-fired-his-mom-1197213

Never heard of this so who knows?

All I was ever told was accounts from his sister in the late 90's/early 2000's so it's no surprise she never included info like this (wasn't any of my business anyway).

Glad they all worked it out though.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

I know . . . that's a Belding line.

Jesus. Again. I thought, "The Dude wouldn't be annoyed w/ my silliness, I don't think, but then again, who knows?" Believe it or not, I did try that line out on Mr. B and don't recall it, but I'm glad you knew it rote. Do you catch past epis on telly? They're on a certain cable chan and I indulge at times, they even play the unlucky 13 ill-fated College Years epis. Or did you watch Jessie, BACK IN THE DAY, become strung out on caffeine pills to the point where she was on stage rubbing her genitals on another woman's thigh? I actually caught Showgurlz at the theater. Pretty full crowd for the same prurient reasons, men and women alike. You had points where the crowd was laughing in unison and the surreal realization that this movie got greenlighted and funded. It's one of those flicks that's so bad that it does a 180 on itself and becomes entertaining to watch the next time. Liz B had some nice ones, tho. I don't blame her for wanting to show us those bad boys.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
non-player zealot wrote:
...Jessie, BACK IN THE DAY, become strung out on caffeine pills...

Why Was Saved by the Bell’s Jessie Spano Originally 'So Excited'? Speed

Saved by the Bell executive producer Peter Engel said Jessie Spano was originally supposed to be addicted to speed instead of caffeine pills

Saved by the Bell‘s most unforgettable episode almost didn’t make it to air.

One needs to only say the three words to bring up the episode in question: “I’m so excited.”

The moment appeared in a season 2 episode called “Jessie’s Song,” which followed Jessie Spano (Elizabeth Berkley) descending into caffeine pill addiction while trying to balance school and her new singing group, Hot Sundae. Zack (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) confronts Jessie about her habit, prompting her to try and manically sing the Pointer Sisters’ hit before admitting through sobs: “I’m so … scared!”

people.com
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Jesus. Again. I thought, "The Dude wouldn't be annoyed w/ my silliness, I don't think, but then again, who knows?" Believe it or not, I did try that line out on Mr. B and don't recall it, but I'm glad you knew it rote. Do you catch past epis on telly? They're on a certain cable chan and I indulge at times, they even play the unlucky 13 ill-fated College Years epis. Or did you watch Jessie, BACK IN THE DAY, become strung out on caffeine pills to the point where she was on stage rubbing her genitals on another woman's thigh? I actually caught Showgurlz at the theater. Pretty full crowd for the same prurient reasons, men and women alike. You had points where the crowd was laughing in unison and the surreal realization that this movie got greenlighted and funded. It's one of those flicks that's so bad that it does a 180 on itself and becomes entertaining to watch the next time. Liz B had some nice ones, tho. I don't blame her for wanting to show us those bad boys.

Oh I didn't know it. I figured it'd be fun to snap back with a Belding line, so I googled and found one that worked for this instance .

I didn't watch the the show. I had aged out of it's demographic when it was on. But I saw a few episodes over its run. And pretty much everyone has seen the infamous Jesse episode, or at least the highlights. It was the first hints at the remarkable talent we got to see in "Showgirls". Which I actually saw at one of it's premieres with my mom, because she was a guest of one of the producer's. So that was trip given that the general partisan audience had the same reaction. I still remember the awkward moment as the murmuring started when the lights went up and then eavesdropping on the snarky commentary as we walked out of the theater.

I said to my mom, "well that went over well".

To which she said (delivered with her dry British awesomeness), "Well I thought it was hilarious . . ."
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: