Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I'd put the Celtics ahead of the Bucks in terms of contenders.

It's Lakers, Clippers, Nets, Celtics.

The Bucks still look like The Milwaukee Giannis's. They have Jrue Holiday but he and AD couldn't make it happen together. The Bucks need a 3rd guy who is actually a viable second option on a Championship team. Khris Middleton isn't that and neither is Jrue Holiday.

The Nets have 3 Superstars, and the Celtics have 3 stars with one of them looking like a franchise player in Jayson Tatum.

If Miami gets Beal they'll be ahead of Milwaukee too imo.

I could go with that.

I don’t trust Milwaukee because Giannis still hasn’t addressed the weak areas in his game and Budenholzer is not a good playoff series adjustments coach imo.

Milwaukee does have a better roster than they did last season though.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
I'd put the Celtics ahead of the Bucks in terms of contenders.

It's Lakers, Clippers, Nets, Celtics.

The Bucks still look like The Milwaukee Giannis's. They have Jrue Holiday but he and AD couldn't make it happen together. The Bucks need a 3rd guy who is actually a viable second option on a Championship team. Khris Middleton isn't that and neither is Jrue Holiday.

The Nets have 3 Superstars, and the Celtics have 3 stars with one of them looking like a franchise player in Jayson Tatum.

If Miami gets Beal they'll be ahead of Milwaukee too imo.

I could go with that.

I don’t trust Milwaukee because Giannis still hasn’t addressed the weak areas in his game and Budenholzer is not a good playoff series adjustments coach imo.

Milwaukee does have a better roster than they did last season though.

I think Giannis has addressed them plenty, he just ran out of talent. How many free throws has Lebron taken over the course of his life, only to remain below average throughout his career.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Some of you act like the Nets shooting is a fluke but the last season Harden played with KD his TS% was 66%

One of the best one on one players in history is no longer playing with Westbrick and is now playing with two people who can shoot as well as he can.

We can beat them with defense, but if you underestimate them you will lose.

It's a historic team if Kyrie is okay mentally.

Yeah that’s the part that is bothering me. If this team doesn’t have chemistry issues they are a dynasty. Why are we acting like Harden is some scrub and Kyrie is some full out cancer? I remember when people spoke the same od Jimmy Butler. A little loopy sure but the jury is still out on the whole Kyrie will rip this team apart nonsense. Dude was totally ballin when he was playing earlier this year too.

You can’t underestimate this team..they won’t play any D but when they get it going they’ll average 130PPG lol.

It’s funny that because they beat the Bucks we are ripping apart Milwaukee. Clearly many of you need to stop pretending. They beat a very good Bucks team with many key guys out. They were up the entire game and also closed it out with a huge clutch shot by KD.

Had they lost we would be all over them - they won and now we are downplaying their opponent. LOL.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Why are we acting like Harden is some scrub and Kyrie is some full out cancer?

But Kyrie is a full on cancer. He's been a malcontent for years, who makes a spectacle of himself and says and does things that frustrate teammates. He left Lebron and the Cavs so he could have his own team. Now he's going to be a clear cut #3 in a season when he's been crazier than ever.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie and Durant are likely going to be the ones during the clutch moments more so than Harden.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

It’s going to be tough just getting there. Then if the Nets retool their roster and make it to the Finals, I’d give them the slight edge skill wise. I’m glad our three point shooting has improved since last season though. It’s basically going to be as far as Lebron can carry us. We know from last Finals, that Lebron will take less 3’s and attack relentlessly. If they can’t stop him, we win.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
It’s going to be tough just getting there. Then if the Nets retool their roster and make it to the Finals, I’d give them the slight edge skill wise. I’m glad our three point shooting has improved since last season though. It’s basically going to be as far as Lebron can carry us. We know from last Finals, that Lebron will take less 3’s and attack relentlessly. If they can’t stop him, we win.

They won't stop LeBron, we won't stop KD.

So it will come down to slowing down Kyrie and Harden. With Harden especially the defense of AD and Gasol together are going to factor in a lot.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

So it will come down to slowing down Kyrie and Harden. With Harden especially the defense of AD and Gasol together are going to factor in a lot.

What if the Nets trade Kyrie for depth?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
MJST wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

What if the Nets trade Kyrie for depth?

They aren't stupid.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I was just thinking the other day, if Brooklyn ends up winning it all will they be more 'hated' than the Warriors team with KD and splash bros?

Not only did they assemble the most cheat code level big 3, but neither of them seems particularly well-liked among players too..
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
I was just thinking the other day, if Brooklyn ends up winning it all will they be more 'hated' than the Warriors team with KD and splash bros?

Not only did they assemble the most cheat code level big 3, but neither of them seems particularly well-liked among players too..

I doubt it. KD coming back from injury and Harden finally winning will probably tamper the incoming hate.

That Warriors team was a historic cheat code. There's "superteam", then there's whatever you call the KD Warriors.

Quote:
"They’re going to be the highest favorite we’ve ever had going into a season, any team in any sport,” Jeff Sherman, NBA oddsmaker at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, told ESPN.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

The Nets will be the favorite by the time the playoffs start. They are going to blow out some teams with historical performances and the media will be jumping on this bandwagon in no time, if they’re not there already. The narrative is already getting there, already a bunch of “KD will be MVP” takes flooding Twitter and YouTube. I think Stephen A Smith is already there.

And I’m for it. Nothing brings a team together like being disrespected or the underdog. Last year’s team was so focused and had a chip on its shoulder. Would love for Lebron and AD to start playing to dominate again. I’d rather them go all out for 25 mins a game than “coast” for half of 33, and with a team like this, I think he and AD really only have to go hard for 25 mins in a lot of these games just so they all can build good habits like they did last season. We no longer have vets like DG, Rondo, and Dwight, so guys like Trez and Schro are still learning how to play with focus to go deep into the playoffs (like how AD learned last year).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

How do you figure that (the bolded)? The media knocks those guys. I haven't seen or heard of a lot of players not rocking with them.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

I doubt it. KD coming back from injury and Harden finally winning will probably tamper the incoming hate.

That Warriors team was a historic cheat code. There's "superteam", then there's whatever you call the KD Warriors.

Quote:
"They’re going to be the highest favorite we’ve ever had going into a season, any team in any sport,” Jeff Sherman, NBA oddsmaker at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, told ESPN.

The Warriors had KD, Steph and Klay

And they had Draymond as their glue guy.

When you look at it that way it's not such a big deal tbh.

If you took that three

KD, Curry and Klay and asked who the superstars were you'd say KD and Curry and Klay was an all-star. Yeah he could go off but he wasn't a superstar.

With the Nets, Kyrie, KD and Harden are all superstars that can average 30 ppg.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

It will be interesting to see how the #2 ranked Cleveland defense plays the Nets tonight.
vancouverthrowback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

We should try and pickup LaVine or Vucevic at the deadline
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

How do you figure that (the bolded)? The media knocks those guys. I haven't seen or heard of a lot of players not rocking with them.

It just seems that way to me. No particular examples though, except for Harden's case whom we have heard how Boogie felt disrespected, and John wall to a certain extent. Also a hunch, that KD's part of his second cheat code team so I don't see how players can respect that aspect of his career (obviously players respect his game though).
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Quote:

If you took that three

KD, Curry and Klay and asked who the superstars were you'd say KD and Curry and Klay was an all-star. Yeah he could go off but he wasn't a superstar.

My thoughts exactly. The KD Warriors was an incredible team, super complementary players with two superstars. We have never seen a 3 headed monster, all in their primes with 2 of them having championship experience.

Simply put, if ever there's a team that can prove offense wins championships, then this is the one. That being said what we did really well in our championship run was making adjustments both in-game and between games, so the Nets will have to play a near perfect offensive game 4 times to overcome us too.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Quote:

If you took that three

HUGE difference is that Klay has a fraction of the usage as anyone on that list. He fits. Jury is still out on how the 3rd high usage perimeter player will fit.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Quote:

If you took that three

The core of that team, Steph/Klay/Green/Iggy/Livingstone, won 67 and 73 games, and were already favored to win every playoff series in the two years before KD joined. That core stayed together till the bitter end. Klay is the GOAT 3&D guy.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

In the playoffs you really only need 8, possibly 9 rotation guys given the extra rest.

Kyrie/Harden/Harris/KD/DJ is fairly insane for the first 5, and they have solid players in Jeff Green, Shamet, Tyler Johnson, and possibly even Spencer Dinwiddie coming back.

Steph/Klay/KD/Draymond with the same depth as these Nets absolutely destroyed one of the best offenses ever in the 2017 Cavs.

Is our team better than the 2017 Cavs? AD is probably marginally better than Kyrie + Love combined in terms of offensive/defensive impact. But our LeBron is older.

Schroeder, Harrell, and Kuzma are really going to have to step up in the playoffs to stand a chance.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
MJST wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Quote:

If you took that three

HUGE difference is that Klay has a fraction of the usage as anyone on that list. He fits. Jury is still out on how the 3rd high usage perimeter player will fit.

Kyrie, Harden, and KD all have experience playing in big 3s, so that has to count for something. KD is clearly the best, and I can see Harden and Kyrie switching off on playmaking/scoring opportunities like Harden/CP3.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
MJST wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Quote:

If you took that three

Kyrie, Harden, and KD all have experience playing in big 3s, so that has to count for something. KD is clearly the best, and I can see Harden and Kyrie switching off on playmaking/scoring opportunities like Harden/CP3.

good point, Harden still was caught glaring at CP3 when he had to play off the ball with one of the greatest point guards of all time.. I'm sure it will be totally different with Kyrie though.... also, Harden is a shell of himself when he's off the ball compared to when he dominates it.

to say our bench has to play great for us to even have a chance is kind of insane as well considering we still have the two best players in the series with Durant hovering there as well.

the overrating of this team already like they are the greatest constructed team is mind boggling. they're clear contenders no doubt and have some great potential but let's slow it down a lilllllllll bit.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Try to score 100 on the Cavs first.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie making harden less effective, harden without the ball, also takes away his playmaking and foul baiting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 18 of 73
Jump to: